Page 38 of 313 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I don’t know specifically about the animation but I would think the animation would be done before voice work to make sure it looks right.
    I think it can be done either way. I think there’s usually a whole post production process just for syncing the animation to the voice work.

But yeah, Lenore Zann, Cal Dodd, and George Buza have all confirmed they’ve started voice work!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    I think it can be done either way. I think there’s usually a whole post production process just for syncing the animation to the voice work.
    In American animation, voice work is done first and the animation is drawn to fit the dialogue, the English voice track in American animation is called the pre-lay track.

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    In American animation, voice work is done first and the animation is drawn to fit the dialogue, the English voice track in American animation is called the pre-lay track.
    Wow, thanks for the info lol. I never knew that and always assumed that the voice actors watched the animation and altered their voices to fit the scenes.

I really wish that they could get Joel Furtado (who animated the tragically canceled “X-Men: Danger Room Protocols” web series) to work on the action animation for this “X-Men ‘97” series. He had an excellent grasp on the X-Men’s powers and how they could be cleverly utilized in a dynamic way that we haven’t seen before. He could make some awesome fight scenes!
    Some bands I love: Katatonia, Tool, Flaw, Within Temptation, Breaking Benjamin, Evergrey, The Panic Division, Bush, The Birthday Massacre, Silverchair ('94-'01), Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Autumn, Klone, A Perfect Circle, Starset, This Misery Garden, Evanescence, Dead Letter Circus, Pallbearer, The Foreshadowing & tons more!

Quote Originally Posted by FlawedCoil82 View Post
    I really wish that they could get Joel Furtado (who animated the tragically canceled “X-Men: Danger Room Protocols” web series) to work on the action animation for this “X-Men ‘97” series. He had an excellent grasp on the X-Men’s powers and how they could be cleverly utilized in a dynamic way that we haven’t seen before. He could make some awesome fight scenes!
    Those were really good. I just hope the animation is good. I mean Fox TAS and Batmam and Spiderman, use to love that line up, still beats the art imo of mordern marvel cartoons. I kind of get offended now when i think disney the company EVERY art school tells you about when learning the craft and a lot of assignments focus on their old cartoons and techniques and no shade, but these are the animations they are letting get out.
    Last edited by jwatson; 01-27-2022 at 02:05 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Thanks for the info! I knew the process was something like that since I follow Archer news really closely! I think I read in the X-Men:TAS book that the animation studio in S. Korea (I think?) would submit their work, then the voice stuff was added, then the animation had to be sent back to the animation studio to do the dubbing animation. And it was all done by courier!

Quote Originally Posted by FlawedCoil82 View Post
    Furtado was able to post the first episode of his Danger Room Protocols fan series on Instagram. He explains that he was shut down before during what I assume was that time when Marvel was trying to shut the X-Men out. Seems like with Disney/Marvel acquiring Fox, they've gotten more lenient and realized any exposure is good exposure!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CYXN2delCNC/

I hope we get more Nasty Boiz.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    That's the group with Ruckus, right? I wanted to see more of him, since he has Banshee-like powers.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

that name reminds me of Janet's song and video where she's singing about "Nasty" boys

TAS did them better than 90's X-Factor, by far! Gorgeous George stole wayy too much focus every time he was on screen!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Astonishing Member

Besides Bastion and the Prime Sentinels. I wonder how they would adapt Operation Zero Tolerenace?

Like would they actualy retain the element of Iceman being left on his own and trying to take the fight to Bastion, given he wasn't much of a presence in the original TAS?

Also if his part would be given someone else i could actualy imagine them keeping Cecilia Reyes and Sabra as allies, since they were mostly tag alongs who freshyl got introduced in the original story too, but who would be his dangerous enemy turned reluctant allie?

Perhaps they could give Cargill the role, given she was allready in the original show and has by now also a history of teaming up with the X-men.

Astonishing Member

Well the Nasty Boys seem to be Mr. Sinister's main strike force in X-Men TAS, the Maurders don't really exist in X-Men TAS.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Besides Bastion and the Prime Sentinels. I wonder how they would adapt Operation Zero Tolerenace?

Like would they actualy retain the element of Iceman being left on his own and trying to take the fight to Bastion, given he wasn't much of a presence in the original TAS?

Also if his part would be given someone else i could actualy imagine them keeping Cecilia Reyes and Sabra as allies, since they were mostly tag alongs who freshyl got introduced in the original story too, but who would be his dangerous enemy turned reluctant allie?

Perhaps they could give Cargill the role, given she was allready in the original show and has by now also a history of teaming up with the X-men.
    If Bastion appears, they will likely give him a less convoluted origin, not magic nonsense merging Nimrod and Master Mold. Bastion being an advanced Sentinel disguised as a human is pretty straight forward.
    Last edited by The Overlord; 01-28-2022 at 05:03 PM.

Astonishing Member

If Bastion appears, they will likely give him a less convoluted origin, not magic nonsense merging Nimrod and Master Mold. Bastion being an advanced Sentinel disguised as a human is pretty straight forward.
    They could still have his creation be explained as being the result of combining tech recovered from Master Mold and Nimrod, perhaps together with using a memory template of a real human as basis for his personality.

I could also imagine them turning the Prime Sentinels from cyborgs into androids, who were given the ability to think an act like humans via memory recordings. So they are still more clever and resourcefull than the big sentinels and can hide among the general population (i wonder how many would accuse the cartoon of ripping off Matrix?), but leave the X-men to freely cut and blast them down, as they would not be people turned into killer machines against their will like the comic version.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Deadpool's a likely choice to show up too, since he was shut a quick cameo in the original series.