Page 240 of 323 FirstFirst ... 140190230236237238239240241242243244250290 ... LastLast
Results 3,586 to 3,600 of 4832

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    WatXM was meh. Bland Storm. Terrible Psylocke. Scott was a loser post losing Jean. The showrunners weren't very good at picking storylines either and were more interested in including as many character appearances as possible, which reduced it to a cameo fest than anything substantial. They should have known better than to sit on AoA until it was too late.

They did give Emma some much needed other media adaptation love though so there's that.
    I remember being especially pissed at that episode where Emma just curb stomped Psylocke. That left a bad taste in my mouth.

And Storm and Angel flew together... that was cute.

oh yeah I forgot about how badly they treated Betsy.

WatX is definitely ranked last out of all the X-Men animated series (including Pryde of the X-Men) IMO. The best thing about X-Men '97 being around is that there will be no chance for WatX to be rebooted since there's no reason to have two shows in different continuities.

I will say WatX at least gave Psylocke an English accent, Emma had her weird pseudo accent (that has been alluded to in the comics), and I actually did really like the Lorna/Badlands storyline. And I probably would have enjoyed the Age of Apocalypse Season 2 more than Season 1 if it had happened. But seriously, that show made some... choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    WatXM was meh. Bland Storm. Terrible Psylocke. Scott was a loser post losing Jean. The showrunners weren't very good at picking storylines either and were more interested in including as many character appearances as possible, which reduced it to a cameo fest than anything substantial. They should have known better than to sit on AoA until it was too late.

They did give Emma some much needed other media adaptation love though so there's that.
    Emma was indeed the only character done right. Not perfect as she could use more humor.

One thing I liked about the show were the character designs.

As for Betsy, she looked great, sounded perfect but was totally badly writen. I was very frustrated.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Almost every female character aside from Emma was terrible in that show. Storm pretty much replaced Jean as the Fainting Queen, Rogue was whiny, Mistique was written like Silver Fox for some reason, Betsy...don't even get me started.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

WatX did the best Kurt ever! Maybe I'm just biased. Though, I also didn't like the whole Jean/Logan/Scott triangle. I thought the whole obvious bias towards Logan immature. But I actually liked the rest of the show and Evolution took more liberties with canon than WatX. I never liked their Kurt.

It would be nice to see Colossus and Betsy as main members of a X-men show for once..

Whatever the next TV incarnation is , I hope they strongly consider it.

Quote Originally Posted by jignat View Post
    It would be nice to see Colossus and Betsy as main members of a X-men show for once..

Whatever the next TV incarnation is , I hope they strongly consider it.
    Maybe they still could be in season 2 or 3 of X-Men 97? I sure do hope so. As well as Warren.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Maybe they still could be in season 2 or 3 of X-Men 97? I sure do hope so. As well as Warren.
    Warren/Betsy/Neal love triangle would be hott ngl. With Karima being the 4th wheel and setting up her villain arc.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    WatX did the best Kurt ever! Maybe I'm just biased. Though, I also didn't like the whole Jean/Logan/Scott triangle. I thought the whole obvious bias towards Logan immature. But I actually liked the rest of the show and Evolution took more liberties with canon than WatX. I never liked their Kurt.
    Evolution gave every middle Millennial the idea that Kitty/Kurt/Both were waifu goals tho. Nightcrawler fans can't complain Evo did nothing for him.

Incredible Member

The X-Men are literary in Dante's Inferno.

"I think one of us has the wrong floor."

I love this Beast so much.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I REALLY hope that Disney is thinking of reviving Wolverine and the X-men as well once this wraps up. I want this to be in early discussions and ready for Marvel to jump on whenever production wraps on this. That series was so good yet never got the proper finale as it ended just as it really was about to open up
    I liked the show... and would love to see it come back, but I will admit of the big 3 of the "right before Disney" era (Spectacular Spider-Man, Wolverine and the X-Men, Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes) it definitely was the weakest...also don't be a cyclops fan watching that show because....yeesh. The blatant hypocrisy of Logan chewing out Scott for abandoning the team to do something solo when Logan himself hunted his personal demons every couple of episodes didn't help. Though I would be interested in seeing their take on Age of Apocalypse, as I did find their take on the Phoenix Force interesting. Also Emma was great!

Now as for this cartoon revival, I can't believe that I'm considering waking up early for the next episode. It's pretty exciting to have something to look forward to on the air.

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    The X-Men are literary in Dante's Inferno.

Nice. Is this a preview for tomorrow’s episode?
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    That was a big reason why I couldn't dig Evolution or WATX too tough is because they took a lot of cues from the movies. Wasn't a fan of how both shows treated Rogue, Storm was just a mentor and didn't really have growth in Evolution and then in WATX she was just there etc.

However, if they write around Wolverine being the centerpiece, I like the idea of bringing the band back together in WATX for the MCU, but just have Scott as the leader instead.
    Evolution took very little cues from the movies. It came out the same year as the first film and ended the same year X2 became out. So that isn't even possible.

So are we gonna get a new intro every episode?