Page 214 of 323 FirstFirst ... 114164204210211212213214215216217218224264314 ... LastLast
Results 3,196 to 3,210 of 4834

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Looks like we're getting Juggernaut too:

Because would it really be an X-Men cartoon without Juggernaut?
    Basing on her almost complete absence in marketing campaign, does not seem that Emma is going to appear much in season 1.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Beau DeMayo was fired

Beau DeMayo was fired from his involvement with X-Men '97 just weeks ahead of the series premiering on Disney+. The news follows DeMayo completing his writing work on Season 2 of the show, which serves as a revival of X-Men: The Animated Series. Reportedly, DeMayo was discussing different ideas for where to go in a potential third season when his dismissal happened, suggesting he was blindsided by the news. DeMayo had also been involved with other Marvel projects, as he'd worked on the Disney+ series Moon Knight, as well as the upcoming Blade reboot.

X-Men '97's trailer effectively continued the series right after the original cliffhanger ending, which brought some hope to Spider-Man: TAS fans.
    As of now, no reason has been revealed for why DeMayo was fired. Reportedly, DeMayo did not respond to requests to comment, while Marvel offered no comment on the news. What's known is that the two sides parted ways early last week, and the cast and crew of X-Men '97 were informed that DeMayo would not be returning. DeMayo had apparently been planning to attend the Hollywood premiere of the series on March 13, but in light of his dismissal, he will no longer be present, nor will he be participating in any more interviews to promote the show.

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-97-creator-fired/
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by FlawedCoil82 View Post
    I mostly agree. I think what has been revealed already cast a big shadow over the entire project. So many fans of multiple hijacked Disney properties have been burned so many times already by the relentless DEI messaging and bad writing, and so many are just sick beyond death of it. A significant portion of the audience does not have the same overpowering, insatiable need to obsess over “representation” or identity politics as being some all-important requirement in entertainment in the way that activists (who keep deliberately getting hired into these positions of power and influence in praise of flawed DEI ideology) do. It is mentally, emotionally and spiritually exhausting for all involved.

I saw many former fans on YouTube claiming they don’t even care about X-Men or this show anymore and swore off even giving it a chance; they automatically assume the show is doomed to be yet another “”modernized”” adaptation of a beloved property that they simply do not nor will ever want, so they figure why even bother wasting time to see “the inevitable” happen? I would like to think that Disney and their stockholders are beginning to recognize this, but it may still take several more years to flush forced discriminatory DEI practices out of the system.

That being said, I have a hard time believing that Disney fired him for that reason. Beau even said they were “very interested” in his experience as a “gay, black man” and surely, they knew that he would be “inserting himself and his worldview perspectives” (as do all current activists role playing as “writers”) into the project. They likely figured it would be groundbreaking to be in a “X-Men” show, but perhaps underestimated just how so many people are so incredibly over it now since it already saturates EVERY conceivable form of modern entertainment today.

I believe they would have been able to pull back on things before the show got this far if they felt he was going into unwelcome territory. So if they were willing to try to make him a sacrificial offering in a “too little too late” attempt to win back the many fans who have already bolted (while in the same breath risk evoking the Hellfire wrath of the activist mob) by firing him for literally just doing what they originally hired him for in the first place, then he had to have done something else that significantly displeased the mouse overlord.
    If I’m not mistaken, the trailer was the biggest animated show trailer launch since the beginning of Disney+, beating out any other property - and I think barely a fraction of those people have heard about Morph’s gender status. Even less of those people actually care.

The show will do badly, or do well on its own merit, not on Morph’s non binary status, or the writing team’s diversity.

Some people really overestimate how much influence the alt-right echo chamber actually has. But I guess when you're part of that chamber it's easy to convince yourself it's the majority opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Beau DeMayo was fired

Beau DeMayo was fired from his involvement with X-Men '97 just weeks ahead of the series premiering on Disney+. The news follows DeMayo completing his writing work on Season 2 of the show, which serves as a revival of X-Men: The Animated Series. Reportedly, DeMayo was discussing different ideas for where to go in a potential third season when his dismissal happened, suggesting he was blindsided by the news. DeMayo had also been involved with other Marvel projects, as he'd worked on the Disney+ series Moon Knight, as well as the upcoming Blade reboot.

X-Men '97's trailer effectively continued the series right after the original cliffhanger ending, which brought some hope to Spider-Man: TAS fans.
    As of now, no reason has been revealed for why DeMayo was fired. Reportedly, DeMayo did not respond to requests to comment, while Marvel offered no comment on the news. What's known is that the two sides parted ways early last week, and the cast and crew of X-Men '97 were informed that DeMayo would not be returning. DeMayo had apparently been planning to attend the Hollywood premiere of the series on March 13, but in light of his dismissal, he will no longer be present, nor will he be participating in any more interviews to promote the show.

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-97-creator-fired/
    Too early to speculate because we don't know many details. But something must have happened behind the scenes. And it must have been pretty bad for Marvel and Disney to just fire someone a week before the debut of one of their biggest shows to date.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Some people really overestimate how much influence the alt-right echo chamber actually has. But I guess when you're part of that chamber it's easy to convince yourself it's the majority opinion
    Alt-right couldn't do anything on Barbie. Quality trumps naysayers.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    This is the exact point where someone's math teacher would tell them that they need to show their work and not just write an answer down...
    Plus how many potential viewers actually watch interviews with the creators of a cartoon. Lol.

99% of the planet doesn’t know who Beau DeMayo is or what his views are, or even that Morph is non-binary. I’m from a big family with a gazillion nieces and nephews. Many of them excited about this cartoon. Neither they nor their parents know any of that $#!t. They’re just looking forward to the show. Get out of your echo chambers, folks. There’s a bigger world out there. It’s huge!
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Plus how many potential viewers actually watch interviews with the creators of a cartoon. Lol.

99% of the planet doesn’t know who Beau DeMayo is or what his views are, or even that Morph is non-binary. I’m from a big family with a gazillion nieces and nephews. Many of them excited about this cartoon. Neither they nor their parents know any of that $#!t. They’re just looking forward to the show. Get out of your echo chambers, folks. There’s a bigger world out there. It’s huge!
    This. I go online and i honestly had no idea outside of stuff here. I don't think his firing will have any impact on the show.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Fantastic Member Ulysian_Thracs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FlawedCoil82 View Post
    I mostly agree. I think what has been revealed already cast a big shadow over the entire project. So many fans of multiple hijacked Disney properties have been burned so many times already by the relentless DEI messaging and bad writing, and so many are just sick beyond death of it. A significant portion of the audience does not have the same overpowering, insatiable need to obsess over “representation” or identity politics as being some all-important requirement in entertainment in the way that activists (who keep deliberately getting hired into these positions of power and influence in praise of flawed DEI ideology) do. It is mentally, emotionally and spiritually exhausting for all involved.

I saw many former fans on YouTube claiming they don’t even care about X-Men or this show anymore and swore off even giving it a chance; they automatically assume the show is doomed to be yet another “”modernized”” adaptation of a beloved property that they simply do not nor will ever want, so they figure why even bother wasting time to see “the inevitable” happen? I would like to think that Disney and their stockholders are beginning to recognize this, but it may still take several more years to flush forced discriminatory DEI practices out of the system.

That being said, I have a hard time believing that Disney fired him for that reason. Beau even said they were “very interested” in his experience as a “gay, black man” and surely, they knew that he would be “inserting himself and his worldview perspectives” (as do all current activists role playing as “writers”) into the project. They likely figured it would be groundbreaking to be in a “X-Men” show, but perhaps underestimated just how so many people are so incredibly over it now since it already saturates EVERY conceivable form of modern entertainment today.

I believe they would have been able to pull back on things before the show got this far if they felt he was going into unwelcome territory. So if they were willing to try to make him a sacrificial offering in a “too little too late” attempt to win back the many fans who have already bolted (while in the same breath risk evoking the Hellfire wrath of the activist mob) by firing him for literally just doing what they originally hired him for in the first place, then he had to have done something else that significantly displeased the mouse overlord.
    I would normally agree that Disney supports this kind of content, but I think they are circling the wagons right now and getting rid of anything that doesn't appear on-message or creates division. They simply can't afford it with the proverbial vultures circling. (Full disclosure: I am very pro vulture!) This was an unforced error. A problem of their own making.

As an aside, I only have a few hundred shares of Disney left in my portfolio, but this will probably be the first time I vote in a board election ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    Alt-right couldn't do anything on Barbie. Quality trumps naysayers.
    This fundamentally misunderstands the lesson Barbie should've taught, which is know your audience. Of course a overt feminism theme sold in an IP geared to little girls and their nostalgic mothers...at the same time the exact same themes are NOT selling in comic book movies because the target audience is completely different. Barbie is a success and the Marvels (and all the other girlboss schlock) is not precisely because they have different target audiences. And this is not a fluke or a one time aberration. It has been proven over and over again that the comic book audience is not interested in this stuff.

(And the ironic part is it was still more a movie about Ken's character arc than Barbies, so they can't even do that right.)

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post

If we are using personal experience, I don't anyone looking forward to this show. Not even one of my friends who were big X-Men fans back in the 80s and 90s who heard about this show in any other way than the controversy, and that it didn't completely turn them off.
    I'm not totally useless. I can always be used as a bad example...

Try talking to some kids. And their parents. I live in the Deep South and so far none are aware of these “tempest in a teapot” controversies. I bet the show does well.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Yes, fans are always highly overestimating how many consumers are chronically online and keeping up with all behind-the-scenes drama. The majority of casual viewers who would tune in to watch X-Men on Disney+ will never bother to think or learn about the people behind it. That’s especially true for cartoons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    The viewership won't be heavily impacted because the general audience isn't as aware of the behind the scenes stuff as we are. On the surface, as long as something airs, there will be interested nostalgia viewers and newer fans (?) who will tune in for content curiosity, "Too big to fail" damn near applies here, methinks.
    Pretty much as mentioned before. The general audience of movies, tv shows or video games are notable uninvolved and distant to things going on behind the scene, in social media, interviews etc. unless it's a full blown scandal and/or involves major people like famous actors, musicians or directors. Which this project does not have.

The true potential problems are arguably still apathy, unawareness, inaccessibility (which encourages "alternative means" to watch something) and if the writing and animation are just not appealing to those viewers once they see it.

Factors which can only be measured and taken into consideration once the project is released and made accessible to said audience, since it seems nobody really made a prediction based around collecting empiric data yet.

My kingdom for a adaptation of this story beat from OPERATION:ZERO TOLERANCE... and Storm's hair was heading in this direction at the finale of the original series so it might have a nice swerve to continue using the anime cut in place of the mohawk for Ororo's identity evolution...
    Doesn't it require her to pull someones heart out to safe a bunch of innocent civilians, then being troubled about what she had to do, go on an adventure and then come back with revived confidence, giving herself the new haircut as symbol of a new beginning?

Kidding of course, but it's amusing to remember the origins of it in the comics (if memory serves, it debuted at the end of her first solo mini, which was basicly dealing with the events of Uncanny X-men #325).

The brief brilliance of Joe Kelly! The abbreviaton of the Kelly (on Adjectiveless) and Steven Seagle (on Uncanny) era was criminal. Kelly especially was the shot in the arm that the titles needed at the time.
    Looking back. It was kind of one of the better and worse times to give the X-men comics a chance for the first time.
    Better because it was well written and involves a lot of introductions of both old and new characters. Making it a great jumping on point.
    Worse because it didn't last long and was followed by a time of often aimless and chaotic feeling stories, followed by Claremonts ill fated Revolution relaunch and then by the complete tonal and style shift of Morrison's run.
    Last edited by Grunty; 03-13-2024 at 06:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysian_Thracs View Post

(And the ironic part is it was still more a movie about Ken's character arc than Barbies, so they can't even do that right.)
    Almost as if feminism is necessitated by the behavior of men.

Also, literally nobody but super-fans/comic book fanboys and overly online nerds like everyone here is talking about Beau DeMayo or Morph's gender. Get real.

Fantastic Member Ulysian_Thracs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Pretty much as mentioned before. The general audience of movies, tv shows or video games are notable uninvolved and distant to things going on behind the scene, in social media, interviews etc. unless it's a full blown scandal and/or involves major people like famous actors, musicians or directors. Which this project does not have.

The true potential problems are arguably still apathy, unawareness, inaccessibility (which encourages "alternative means" to watch something) and if the writing and animation are just not appealing to those viewers once they see it.

Factors which can only be measured and taken into consideration once the project is released and made accessible to said audience, since it seems nobody really made a prediction based around collecting empiric data yet.
    Yes, that is exactly my point. There is general apathy amongst the people my age who grew up with this show, many of whom (like me) were initially excited. Maybe they make that up in the fabled 'new, modern audience' they keep adapting this stuff to. But that doesn't exactly have a great track record of success lately.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Almost as if feminism is necessitated by the behavior of men.

Also, literally nobody but super-fans/comic book fanboys and overly online nerds like everyone here is talking about Beau DeMayo or Morph's gender. Get real.
    Slight correction...largely no one is talking about it at all except for the people talking about DeMayo and Morph's gender. And that is the problem!
    I'm not totally useless. I can always be used as a bad example...

I'm sure viewership of this project will be fine. The mere fact that the trailer amassed millions of views when the X-Men have been dormant to the GA for the past couple of years just goes to show that.

And DeMayo reactivated his Twitter you say? Let me slide in his DM's and try to get the tea. Wish me luck yall.

I’m betting this will be one of the more successful Dis+ shows just judging by the response to the trailer, which saw more views than any other animated property has generated by a wide margin; and that Disney will be pleased with its performance. I’m also expecting a lot the alarmists who are sounding the alarm that it’ll be overly woke to be proven wrong, as I’m sure it’ll stay in the center of the fairway as it is first and foremost a kids’ cartoon; but with the usual themes of “fighting for a world that hates and fears them” and the mutants dealing with prejudice and whatnot, and the other X-men referring to Morph as “they/them” will largely go unnoticed by the GA (general audience). By the same token, those wanting it to dramatically “push the envelope” in this regard will be sorely disappointed.

So, to recap, it’ll be a fine centrist piece of family entertainment, keeping in tune with the original series and the comics, and will be a success and go on to have a second and probably third and fourth season. That’s my prediction. Bet.