Page 200 of 323 FirstFirst ... 100150190196197198199200201202203204210250300 ... LastLast
Results 2,986 to 3,000 of 4842

This sounds awesome, to me at least…

X-Men Updates
    @XMenUpdate
    Cyclops and Cable will have a "huge arc" in 'X-MEN '97' confirms Beau DeMayo.
    From: https://twitter.com/xmenupdate/statu...317558520?s=46

Unfortunately the tweet shows a pic of young Nate, but since we’ve already seen that it’s adult Nathan in this show I’m not worried.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post

Unfortunately the tweet shows a pic of young Nate, but since we’ve already seen that it’s adult Nathan in this show I’m not worried.
    Haha dude I would have felt so disappointed for you lol

Ha. I wouldn’t put it past them to slip Kid Cable into this cartoon. For some reason the powers that be at Marvel think he’s a better version. Could for sure see a scenario where Scott and young Nate interact for most of this arc, and then only by the end does the old man show up.

Marvel often giveth (huge year of Wolverine as it’s his 50th anniversary and DP3 coming out) and taketh away at the same time (Cable relegated to guest star status and/or replaced by younger version of himself).

Ha. I wouldn’t put it past them to slip Kid Cable into this cartoon. For some reason the powers that be at Marvel think he’s a better version. Could for sure see a scenario where Scott and young Nate interact for most of this arc, and then only by the end does the old man show up.

Marvel often giveth (huge year of Wolverine as it’s his 50th anniversary and DP3 coming out) and taketh away at the same time (Cable relegated to guest star status and/or replaced by younger version of himself).
    I like kid Cable - as a stop on the way to the adult version. But as an outright replacement? Not so much.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I like kid Cable - as a stop on the way to the adult version. But as an outright replacement? Not so much.
    He’s grown on me. If they’re going to have Logan continue to lead X-Force, I can see the younger version being a better fit on that team than the older version, as the personalities of the two leaders are just too similar and both occupy the “grizzled veteran badass/soldier” role. The younger version is more brash, so I could see a kind of role reversal with him on the team under Logan’s leadership, whereby he’s the loose cannon and Wolverine is more in the Cyclops role of being exasperated by a guy who won’t follow orders. Could be fun as I think about it, but I still much prefer OG old man Cable.

BANNED

He’s grown on me. If they’re going to have Logan continue to lead X-Force, I can see the younger version being a better fit on that team than the older version, as the personalities of the two leaders are just too similar and both occupy the “grizzled veteran badass/soldier” role. The younger version is more brash, so I could see a kind of role reversal with him on the team under Logan’s leadership, whereby he’s the loose cannon and Wolverine is more in the Cyclops role of being exasperated by a guy who won’t follow orders. Could be fun as I think about it, but I still much prefer OG old man Cable.
    With this kind if thing, I prefer when they risk bringing in an unproven character. So rather than banking of Cable's character design, they could bring in a rarely seen young character to be an upstart. I guess that's kinda how we got the QQ/Wolverine dynamic lol

Now, there's a character that would be fun to see in animation at some point, Quire.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    With this kind if thing, I prefer when they risk bringing in an unproven character. So rather than banking of Cable's character design, they could bring in a rarely seen young character to be an upstart. I guess that's kinda how we got the QQ/Wolverine dynamic lol

Now, there's a character that would be fun to see in animation at some point, Quire.
    Yeah, true. They really did put Quire in that role in X-Force now that I think about it.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Huge arc? How much are thye planning to cram into 10 episodes?
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Probably something that runs through several issues, since Jean/Maddie appears to be pregnant with Cable.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

As expected.

'X-MEN '97' will follow a weekly-episode release on Disney+.
    https://x.com/xmenupdate/status/1761...138057246?s=46

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    maybe they start in season 1 and expanding the storyline in season 2? I could imagine that Madelyne's story is going to culminate in the season final and maybe season two will be downright adapting INFERNO.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    maybe they start in season 1 and expanding the storyline in season 2? I could imagine that Madelyne's story is going to culminate in the season final and maybe season two will be downright adapting INFERNO.
    I was thinking season 1 could plant the seeds and then season 2 could adapt The Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix instead. I can see season 1 ending with Bable getting sent to the future and then season 2 could be a split between the X-Men's present adventures and Scott and Jean raising Nathan in the future.

Okay, folks, listen up.

There have been numerous posts deleted and edited, and a few bans handed out today.

To be clear:

1. Civil behavior includes respect for everyone on this forum, including not only their personal pronouns but debate/discussion on whether or not certain personal gender identities exist.

2. Do not engage with people who you think are violating the rules. Use the Report feature - that little triangle icon in the bottom left corner of every post.

3. Even if you do not think someone is violating the rules, do not reply with insults and snark as that's a sure way to end up with a warning if not a ban.

These are forum rules and should be followed by everyone on both sides of an issue.

We will show zero tolerance for intimidation and abuse for all members of the community, regardless of gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, and gender identification. CBR and all areas of its website and operations will be a safe space for all people, of all levels of involvement.
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Nothing to understand Morph is a shapeshifter and can be whatever he wants to be. That includes women.

Same with Time Lords. The Master, Doctor and Rani have all been both sexes.
    I appreciate that perspective.

Personally though, I am skeptical of this idea that every shapeshifting character inherently is someone with no fixed gender or racial identity, simply because he/she can change it. That's almost like saying that every telepath inherently has no concept of privacy because they have the ability to look into anyone's mind and read their innermost thoughts. Or that everyone with invulnerability is inherently reckless because they have no concept of self-preservation. In other words, I don't think powers necessarily shape every aspect of a mutant (or non-mutant superhuman)'s personality.

Incidentially, when it comes to the Doctor, I think gender fluidity definitely does not apply, particularly since Time Lords aren't shapeshifters in the conventional sense, and every incarnation is, in some ways, a distinct individual. I do not believe that the Doctor or the Master are trans or non-binary or gender fluid. I believe that they are men when they are men, and women when they are women. To be specific, David Tennant's Doctor is a man and Jodie Whittaker's Doctor is a woman. John Simm's Master is a man and Michelle Gomez's Missy is a woman. Of course, being a man or woman isn't their sole, or even the most important defining attribute - there's a lot that makes each incarnation a distinct individual, and gender is just one part of it.

Again, the whole socio-political debate aside, I don't have a problem with Morph being non-binary or gender fluid. But when you couple this with Mystique as well, you see this trend emerging wherein shapeshifters are apparently completely fluid about their gender or ethnic identities because of their powers. And I don't think I'm on board with that. I think its perfectly okay, and even makes sense, that shapeshifters can have a core identity - which includes the race/gender/sexual orientation they were born with - and their ability to change their physical attributes at will doesn't necessarily change how they perceive themselves.

Mind you, none of this means that Morph cannot or should not be non-binary. But if he is, I'd rather its because he just is...and not just because his powers inherently make him so.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I was thinking season 1 could plant the seeds and then season 2 could adapt The Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix instead. I can see season 1 ending with Bable getting sent to the future and then season 2 could be a split between the X-Men's present adventures and Scott and Jean raising Nathan in the future.
    You mean something like the Xavier and Magneto Savage Land subplot on the original show? Yeah, could be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    I appreciate that perspective.

Personally though, I am skeptical of this idea that every shapeshifting character inherently is someone with no fixed gender or racial identity, simply because he/she can change it. That's almost like saying that every telepath inherently has no concept of privacy because they have the ability to look into anyone's mind and read their innermost thoughts. Or that everyone with invulnerability is inherently reckless because they have no concept of self-preservation. In other words, I don't think powers necessarily shape every aspect of a mutant (or non-mutant superhuman)'s personality.

Incidentially, when it comes to the Doctor, I think gender fluidity definitely does not apply, particularly since Time Lords aren't shapeshifters in the conventional sense, and every incarnation is, in some ways, a distinct individual. I do not believe that the Doctor or the Master are trans or non-binary or gender fluid. I believe that they are men when they are men, and women when they are women. To be specific, David Tennant's Doctor is a man and Jodie Whittaker's Doctor is a woman. John Simm's Master is a man and Michelle Gomez's Missy is a woman. Of course, being a man or woman isn't their sole, or even the most important defining attribute - there's a lot that makes each incarnation a distinct individual, and gender is just one part of it.

Again, the whole socio-political debate aside, I don't have a problem with Morph being non-binary or gender fluid. But when you couple this with Mystique as well, you see this trend emerging wherein shapeshifters are apparently completely fluid about their gender or ethnic identities because of their powers. And I don't think I'm on board with that. I think its perfectly okay, and even makes sense, that shapeshifters can have a core identity - which includes the race/gender/sexual orientation they were born with - and their ability to change their physical attributes at will doesn't necessarily change how they perceive themselves.

Mind you, none of this means that Morph cannot or should not be non-binary. But if he is, I'd rather its because he just is...and not just because his powers inherently make him so.

You mean something like the Xavier and Magneto Savage Land subplot on the original show? Yeah, could be interesting.
    In DC shows, Young Justice in particular, you see not everyone who changes shape is gender fluid. Miss Martian in particular has a very hard time taking male forms, at least in the first season. This suggests that she has a fixed gender in her mind, and becoming something else takes more effort.p
    Dark does not mean deep.