Page 238 of 323 FirstFirst ... 138188228234235236237238239240241242248288 ... LastLast
Results 3,556 to 3,570 of 4832

I’m glad Forge will still be part of Lifedeath. But him not being the one responsible for taking away her powers does remove some of the drama…

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    When I was a kid it was Sunday mornings, in my country at least.
    Gasp! But that’s the Lord’s day. XD

I didn’t cook my family dinner or make it to the gym because this show appeared on Wednesday and it was killing me to sit in my office all day looking at a spreadsheet instead of bright flashing colors of cartoony goodness. I like Saturday morning too. Everyone conform to what is convenient to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I’m glad Forge will still be part of Lifedeath. But him not being the one responsible for taking away her powers does remove some of the drama…
    Maybe we'll find out he made the weapon as a commission.

Dropping on Saturdays vs Wednesdays doesn’t matter. You realize there’s still a 7-day wait for episodes, right?

Watch it on Saturday mornings if that’s your jam.

Hell. Watch it on Wednesdays to “avoid spoilers,” then watch it again on Saturday morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Dropping on Saturdays vs Wednesdays doesn’t matter. You realize there’s still a 7-day wait for episodes, right?

Watch it on Saturday mornings if that’s your jam.

Hell. Watch it on Wednesdays to “avoid spoilers,” then watch it again on Saturday morning.
    Haha, thats what Im saying. With streaming, you can literally watch it whenever you want. You dont have to do it on Wednesday

I mean, for a fan who has to wait until Saturday (like maybe they're too busy), that means you have to shut down all your social media and avoid doing things you like to avoid spoilers, for 3-4 days every week. Which isn't Disney's fault, it's just unfortunate circumstance. But it still sucks. I think a Friday night release works well, because you can watch it with your kids at night or on Saturday morning. And it's not like anyone who likes superheroes is going out on a Friday night anyway. Plus it fits the Saturday morning cartoon vibes.

BUT Wednesday is perfect for me because I usually have Wednesdays off work. I wake up at 5:30 AM anyway, so I can watch it while I prep my nieces' lunches for school.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I mean, for a fan who has to wait until Saturday (like maybe they're too busy), that means you have to shut down all your social media and avoid doing things you like to avoid spoilers, for 3-4 days every week. Which isn't Disney's fault, it's just unfortunate circumstance. But it still sucks. I think a Friday night release works well, because you can watch it with your kids at night or on Saturday morning. And it's not like anyone who likes superheroes is going out on a Friday night anyway. Plus it fits the Saturday morning cartoon vibes.

BUT Wednesday is perfect for me because I usually have Wednesdays off work. I wake up at 5:30 AM anyway, so I can watch it while I prep my nieces' lunches for school.
    speak fot yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Kids dont watch content like that anymore. They have their own tablets, phones, streaming accounts and stream at their leisure too. They are very much in tune with knowing how to find and watch online content. For something streaming only, it makes zero sense to maintain a dated release strategy from 30 years ago. Again, what purpose does that really serve?
    Exactly. That method is so antiquated, people watch TV at their own leisure now.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Yeah I thought the same thing, but maybe they will have it be like a twist and it'll be revealed that he designed the tech.

It's not too hard to avoid X-Men spoilers, tbh. They don't have a cast and crew that posts right away after each episode to unpack things that have happened. So I guess it depends on what types of pages you follow. I can scroll past things pretty blindly.

And although I didn't go out this past Friday I swear I have plans this coming one. I swear. I'm not making it up at all...

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    It's not too hard to avoid X-Men spoilers, tbh. They don't have a cast and crew that posts right away after each episode to unpack things that have happened. So I guess it depends on what types of pages you follow. I can scroll past things pretty blindly.

And although I didn't go out this past Friday I swear I have plans this coming one. I swear. I'm not making it up at all...
    I'm less worried about official accounts, and more about regular people and the algorithms. If you're on Twitter, you can easily be exposed. Especially since Twitter has this function where it'll put posts of subjects you like on your timeline, whether you follow those people or not. I got posts about Storm's depowering the other day. YouTube also does this with their recommendations, though I haven't seen spoiler titles and only a few spoiler thumbnails.

It's a bigger problem if you want to engage with X-Men fans and media. There's always the risk of being spoiled. The best option would be to just not engage with people for half a week until you get the chance to watch. And there's no real solution here, unfortunately.

I'm less worried about official accounts, and more about regular people and the algorithms. If you're on Twitter, you can easily be exposed. Especially since Twitter has this function where it'll put posts of subjects you like on your timeline, whether you follow those people or not. I got posts about Storm's depowering the other day. YouTube also does this with their recommendations, though I haven't seen spoiler titles and only a few spoiler thumbnails.

It's a bigger problem if you want to engage with X-Men fans and media. There's always the risk of being spoiled. The best option would be to just not engage with people for half a week until you get the chance to watch. And there's no real solution here, unfortunately.
    That an issue no matter when you release it bc not everyone will be able to watch it on the day of release. You wait till Sat to release ad there are people that have busy weekends that wont have the time to do so until maybe a quiet Monday. Im sure there is a use case for each of the 7 days of the week. D+ really shouldnt release based on whether people may or may not get spoiled online bc thats something beyond their control

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    That an issue no matter when you release it bc not everyone will be able to watch it on the day of release. You wait till Sat to release ad there are people that have busy weekends that wont have the time to do so until maybe a quiet Monday. Im sure there is a use case for each of the 7 days of the week. D+ really shouldnt release based on whether people may or may not get spoiled online bc thats something beyond their control
    As I said, there's no real solution that pleases everyone. Even Wednesday works better for me than Saturday. But a Saturday release will probably help because more people usually have time to watch it right away, AND can do so with their kids.

I just saw both episodes back to back and loved every second. Geez it was like a balm for my soul. Good times ahead! Can’t wait for more!

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    I just saw both episodes back to back and loved every second. Geez it was like a balm for my soul. Good times ahead! Can’t wait for more!
    Same. I watched with my wife and kids… and neither of my kids looked at their phones once throughout both episodes! A very rare thing in my experience. They were totally engaged and enjoyed it. My son asked me yesterday when the next episode is out, so we’re going to make it a regular thing: Wednesday night X-men ‘97 watch party with ice cream.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”