Page 47 of 305 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797147 ... LastLast

Maybe it will be X-Men 97 for 10 episodes then X-Men 00 for another ten etc.

That would be cool and ensure exposure to everyone

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Being that you don’t hire men to voice women(and erase women’s role as voice actors) you can no longer have white people voice Asians or other non whirs.

Imagine the uproar if all the XMen were voiced by men, regardless of whether characters were women or not.
    The real question is if the person doing the voice SOUNDS right. And for previously stated reasons, they apparently wanted someone who could do a "generic valley girl" voice since canonically Jubilee doesn't "sound asian".

What if Alison gets to voice Kitty Pryde instead? That would be fun.

I'm guessing Holly Chou is Jubilee's new VA considering she's a Chinese-American who grew up in California.

https://www.backstage.com/u/HollyChou/about/

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    lol that would be amusing, since she played one of Wolverine's side-kicks and got a similar role. Evolution Kitty also had a very valley-girl voice too

I think it would be fun to see Kitty show up...and Claire Redfield is kind of Kitty-esque, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by HKHERO View Post
    It is 1997, but no, Hong Kong and China are not the same. We have different languages, currencies, political systems and education system. We also have freedom of speech and freedom of the press. So nope, Hong Kong is just not equal to China
    Yeah but Hong Kong can't wait to be part of China again, or so Winnie the Pooh told me .

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Being that you don’t hire men to voice women(and erase women’s role as voice actors) you can no longer have white people voice Asians or other non whirs.

Imagine the uproar if all the XMen were voiced by men, regardless of whether characters were women or not.
    I mean you don't hire men to voice women because men sounding like women sound terrible lol.

And yes, I'm aware women are hired to voice men at times in anime, they generally sound terrible, miss me with having a character like Goku sounding like an old parrot.

When it comes to race it's less noticeable if a black woman voices an asian character or whatever, so I dunno why people get too bitchy about "accurate voices", sure, if minorities can get more jobs that's fine, but prioritizing race over talent, bad idea lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it would be fun to see Kitty show up...and Claire Redfield is kind of Kitty-esque, I think.
    That would be an easy way to attract Resident Evil fans to the X-Men side, I know a few who miss Alyson lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    if minorities can get more jobs that's fine, but prioritizing race over talent, bad idea lol.
    Hollywood has been prioritizing race over talent for most of its history. The industry has infamously racist reputation. Even in recent years, there are stories of minorities being denied the chance to audition because the casting directors decided to limit their search to “whites only,” even in projects where the character’s race is completely irrelevant.

Hollywood has been prioritizing race over talent for most of its history. The industry has infamously racist reputation. Even in recent years, there are stories of minorities being denied the chance to audition because the casting directors decided to limit their search to “whites only,” even in projects where the character’s race is completely irrelevant.
    Hit ‘em with the facts. Usually it’ll get coded as an actor being too “urban” or “ethnic”. Add to that the number of racially ambiguous actors who had to change their names just to get auditions. But yeah a Chinese-American voicing a Chinese-American character is truly the downfall of society.

Yeah I'm aware hollywood is a shithole in too many depressingly hilarious ways, I'm just pointing out that "X character is of Y race can only be voiced by a character of Y race" is silly, Samurai Jack is a Japanese character voiced by a black man, both of Kratos' voice actors are black (Though I forget what the color of his skin was before it got covered by the ashes of his family), at least once Mary Jane was voiced by a black woman.

Not that these examples are indication hollywood ain't a shithole, that place will likely always be terrible because business is overall horrible, but again, I find the idea of having only specific races to voice themselves is silly, and it'd be really ironic if it eventually reaches a point where asians and/or black people are forbidden from voicing each other's races, or even white characters lol.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Maybe it will be X-Men 97 for 10 episodes then X-Men 00 for another ten etc.

That would be cool and ensure exposure to everyone
    Please no, this isn't Fox anymore.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Yeah but Hong Kong can't wait to be part of China again, or so Winnie the Pooh told me .

His government/Media also said that people in countries nearby, for example Vietnam, Kazakhstan, Myanmar and Cambodia, want to be Chinese. The question is how many lies from bear do you trust

This is our responsibility to tell the truth that not every Asias are Chinese even in a comic forum here.
    Last edited by HKHERO; 05-28-2022 at 12:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HKHERO View Post
    His government/Media also said that people in countries nearby, for example Vietnam, Kazakhstan, Myanmar and Cambodia, want to be Chinese. The question is how many lies from bear do you trust
    Hah, wasn't aware it was more than just Hong Kong, it does make sense though.

This is our responsibility to tell the truth that not every Asias are Chinese even in a comic forum here.
    Yeah, specially considering that, while propaganda are in general ridiculous, even if out of 100, 99 are dismissed, just the 1 that isn't dismissed can be damaging enough by staying around.

I was thinking that would be interesting since Kitty didn't appear on the show before oddly enough.

Quote Originally Posted by cam18 View Post
    I was thinking that would be interesting since Kitty didn't appear on the show before oddly enough.
    I think she didn't show up originally 'cause she was already used in Pryde of the X-Men, think she was even the protagonist in it, so Jubilee took her place in the 90's cartoon.

Spectacular Member SavageJudgeDredd's Avatar

Plus it went with a more current 90s line-up. Love the animated series, also love the 80s Claremont classic line-up with Kitty, Colossus, and Nightcrawler from around Dark Phoenix Saga and on. So would love to see more of those characters in this series.

It just rules that they're continuing this as is, so many cool characters to use. And would be wild to see stuff like X-Cutioner's Song and other 90s arcs adapted.