Page 45 of 303 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595145 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

I hope Alison stills plays jubilee... It's a cartoon, society is exhausting sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLimboBabies View Post
    I hope Alison stills plays jubilee... It's a cartoon, society is exhausting sometimes.
    She stepped down entirely of her own choice. What is there else is there to say if the original voice actress supports the change and still stays a part of the project.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Only 10 episodes? Is Disney broke?
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Long gone are the days of the 26 episode season. (Hell, the first 2 seasons of the original series were 13 episodes.)
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

This actually had me dying laughing.

But in reality 10 extra minutes if it's a true commercial free 30 minutes is quite a bit of extra animation per episode.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    This actually had me dying laughing.

But in reality 10 extra minutes if it's a true commercial free 30 minutes is quite a bit of extra animation per episode.
    Also, I'm sure the quality of the animation is going to be aces and far superior to the original.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Also, I'm sure the quality of the animation is going to be aces and far superior to the original.
    Well it's not like they could just do the animations as they were done back then. Ironicaly it would likely take quite some extra effort in order to emulate it.

But there is some risk that the new animations will create a jarring effect together with the writing of just not looking like it's the same story anymore.

Not yet, albeit they did seem to suffer quite a loss from their parks and cinemas being closed down, which still lingers on and Disney+ not making the money yet they hoped it would do.

However the 10 episodes limit is likely simply because this isn't a new dedicated cartoon shows, but a quick follow up to a show a lot of people seems to have nostalgia for, while doing something with an acquired IP until they can launch a dedicated new project with it.

Put another way, this season serves to tread water until the movie plans with the X-men have manifested, on which they will likely then base the general feel and aesthetic for a proper new animated show.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    She stepped down entirely of her own choice. What is there else is there to say if the original voice actress supports the change and still stays a part of the project.
    “Own choice” is subjective. Disney most likely told her to say that and said they would give her a new character because they need to milk the nostalgia without the controversy

Mighty Member

The only reason they are making this is to use the nostalgia characters to help promote the new characters. I would be surprised if we even see the original characters do a lot. This is simply to reintroduce X-men but they haven’t been able to make a successful iconic show since the original. I assume the main reason is they want to use this to push modern day topics but know it would most likely tank on its own if they did that so they are using nostalgia characters to sort of make sure the show is a success. They are mostly going to use the original X-men like Doctor Strange in his new movie, like a prop

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    The only reason they are making this is to use the nostalgia characters to help promote the new characters. I would be surprised if we even see the original characters do a lot. This is simply to reintroduce X-men but they haven’t been able to make a successful iconic show since the original. I assume the main reason is they want to use this to push modern day topics but know it would most likely tank on its own if they did that so they are using nostalgia characters to sort of make sure the show is a success. They are mostly going to use the original X-men like Doctor Strange in his new movie, like a prop
    X-Men evolution was a wild hit that scored weekly ratings above even TAS. It was canceled because it was a co-production with Warner bros., and Warner wanted to focus on the DC material that they owned outright rather than continue to promote a competitor's product that was outshining them.

Wolverine and the X-Men was a MONSTER hit. This is not an exaggeration, the comic was named after the show, not the other way around. It was canceled for the same reason as Spectacular Spider-Man; because marvel studios was consolidating with Disney XP. There was also a rumor that anything X-related was getting buried as long as Fox held the movie rights,
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

I hope the combat looks better lol.

The attacks in 90's X-Men had just, no impact most times, at worst it looked like someone got lightly shoved and they flew away from it, it was pretty awkward, though understandable considering the times.

“Own choice” is subjective. Disney most likely told her to say that and said they would give her a new character because they need to milk the nostalgia without the controversy
    Well Alyson herself has mentioned that she wants younger asian voice actresses to have their chance, so yeah, hard to tell.

The biggest thing that could contradict this is how she got annoyed when Capcom stopped calling her to voice Claire in Resident Evil (Even had a silly situation where she mentioned Remake2 Claire looked like Alyson herself, which's, not the case at all), but that's a different situation, she always returned as Claire up until RE: Revelations 2, so not calling her anymore can be pretty annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Wolverine and the X-Men was a MONSTER hit. This is not an exaggeration, the comic was named after the show, not the other way around. It was canceled for the same reason as Spectacular Spider-Man; because marvel studios was consolidating with Disney XP. There was also a rumor that anything X-related was getting buried as long as Fox held the movie rights,
    Really? Wasn't aware WATXM was that popular, and it kinda makes me wonder how, I watched it like last year and I found it to be pretty meh.

Might be Wolverine's name on the title I guess lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post

Really? Wasn't aware WATXM was that popular, and it kinda makes me wonder how, I watched it like last year and I found it to be pretty meh.
    I think it's pretty obvious why the show was popular.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

I need me some delicious (and good looking) 2D Marvel Animation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    X-Men evolution was a wild hit that scored weekly ratings above even TAS. It was canceled because it was a co-production with Warner bros., and Warner wanted to focus on the DC material that they owned outright rather than continue to promote a competitor's product that was outshining them.

If I remember right the issue with WaTXM was a financing issue...although the Disney deal didn't help.

Man, I remember the days when there were Marvel cartoons like everywhere. Nick had X-Men and Iron Man, Cartoon Network had FF, KidsWB had Spider-Man (and Evolution back in the day), and Disney had The Avengers (and aired Spectacular's final season).

Oh, this is definitely not the case. The original lineup—Jean, Ororo, Cyclops, Wolverine, Rogue, Gambit, Jubilee, and Beast, along with a few other legends like Nightcrawler, Psylocke, Iceman, et al.—are the stars and main attraction of this show. They are the staples of the X-Men, especially as far as the general public is concerned. And Marvel Studios is certainly planning on not just capitalizing on them but also revamping them to shine brilliantly.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I think it's pretty obvious why the show was popular.

I swear that because of you, whenever I read random issues and Hellion just happens to show up, I'll know who he is because you talk about him so damn much lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Man, I remember the days when there were Marvel cartoons like everywhere. Nick had X-Men and Iron Man, Cartoon Network had FF, KidsWB had Spider-Man (and Evolution back in the day), and Disney had The Avengers (and aired Spectacular's final season).
    Marvel's attitude towards cartoons really does them no favors, if they treated cartoons with half the respect DC did back in DCAU times, who knows, we could have more **** near Spectacular Spider-Man's levels.

Oh, this is definitely not the case. The original lineup—Jean, Ororo, Cyclops, Wolverine, Rogue, Gambit, Jubilee, and Beast, along with a few other legends like Nightcrawler, Psylocke, Iceman, et al.—are the stars and main attraction of this show. They are the staples of the X-Men, especially as far as the general public is concerned. And Marvel Studios is certainly planning on not just capitalizing on them but also revamping them to shine brilliantly.
    Considering it's a new season after so long though, they'll probably introduce more recently created characters.

I'll be surprised if a new big name like say, X-23, doesn't make it in.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then