Page 186 of 323 FirstFirst ... 86136176182183184185186187188189190196236286 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,790 of 4833

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    What is Morph established as? Cause he certainly never was established as straight in the 90s series.
    Thank you.

Aside from Morph feeling as if he was abandoned by the team, we know nothing about his sexual preference. Can’t believe people are writing books and getting worked up now that the character is NB.

And in a franchise about mutants no less.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    What doesn't hold up? The amount of stuff they got past the radar was amazing. (Wolverine and Storm having an interracial romance being one such example. Made my grandma gasp.) It was just as edgy as Batman and Gargoyles. And from an animation perspective, they did a great job for their era.
    I’m talking more the actual screenwriting rather than the concepts. The dialogue doesn’t hold up great. As mentioned, original creators are on board, so I’m sure they have some say on episode concepts

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    What is Morph established as? Cause he certainly never was established as straight in the 90s series.
    If you read my post clearly...I used the word "established" in context of actual X-Men characters in the comic books. I did not say he/Morph was established as straight in the series. In my initial post I said "presumed straight" which isn't the same thing. So I really don't know what you're asking.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    Thank you.

Aside from Morph feeling as if he was abandoned by the team, we know nothing about his sexual preference. Can’t believe people are writing books and getting worked up now that the character is NB.

And in a franchise about mutants no less.
    Believe it. We all have the freedom to think and feel differently to others and the freedom to express those thoughts and feelings regardless of who believes it or not.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

If I use, he it's because I'm used to it after 30 years so a little leeway.

If you're going to make a character non-binary a shapeshifter is the perfect choice given, they can be either gender or none by their own choice. It reminds me when Star Trek Prodigy chose to use a Medusan named Zero as a character they were non-binary because their species are living clouds. Morph is there and was in the last episode as having returned to the team so it's natural to do. As for Morph's Sexuality it was never mentioned or explored in the original run.

As far as I'm concerned this is bothering the right people. Everyone else will either support it or not care as it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Believe it. We all have the freedom to think and feel differently to others and the freedom to express those thoughts and feelings regardless of who believes it or not.
    Absolutely, it's well within your right to feel differently. All I'm saying is, I don't understand how this is a big issue when the character in the original series wasn't developed fully.

The new writers taking liberties and adding new dimensions to Morph is a good thing IMO.
    Last edited by Android 17; 02-17-2024 at 11:20 AM.

Absolutely, it's well within your right to feel differently. All I'm saying is, I don't understand how this is a big issue when the character in the original series wasn't developed fully.

The new writers taking liberties and adding new dimensions to Morph out is a good thing IMO.
    Also, many are saying that the cartoon Morph is based in the original version of Morph/Changeling of the X-men comics, who never got any actual development either and had been dead for decades, so...I don't see the problem at all.

1) If a character has complete control over his apperance, I don't see why he'd spend so much time being male if he didn't think of himself that way.

2) I don't understand why we're talking about Morph being trans in the first place.

Ultimate Member

The new writers taking liberties and adding new dimensions to Morph out is a good thing IMO.
    Because we are in the era of culture wars. If X-Men 97 did this between 1998-2015-we NOT having this conversation.
    Because Morph was not a fully develop person and it would be noted that we are looking at a comic version of him more than the first episode version.

We got certain folks wanting youtube MONEY and page hits and make this a bigger issue.

Most fans would wait for the show to come out before judging. Not look for every excuse to NOT bother to watch a show that is already renewed for season 2.

Yes this is a follow up of a series. Guess what Star Trek TNG, Star Trek movies, Dr, Who-currently, Law & Order currently and CSI are too.
    Nobody complained how the Klingons changed looks after the Original series and the first movie.
    Nobody complained how the Enterprise (including A) changed looks between the Star Trek 5 of the 6 movies.
    Now many times has the Tardis changed appearance? For 7 doctors it stayed the same yet for the last 8 it changes.

And a final note.
    Just because it's not said on screen does not mean it's not a possibility.

Robotech-Southern Cross-we had white man with a black son not him being his legal guardian.
    Static Shock-Richie (Gears) was gay. McDuffie confirmed that. They just couldn't say it on the show because of the network.

Funny thing with Storm and Logan is 5 years earlier Robotech did that same interracial relationship and certain states would not show the series because of that.

Yet Yellow Dancer was fine to show on Robotech. Yellow Dancer was a man that dressed as a woman singer as a secret identity. Is he any different than Morph?
    Didn't Clayface do that in Batman the Animated Series?

I can understand people having issues when a character undergoes a sudden change to their identity. It feels like a big upheaval on the character, and it's often done in very bad/unsatisfying/forced ways, which make the experience feel very fake or unnecessary. Especially if it contradicts things previously established. As an example, Mercury's attraction to women came up basically out of nowhere, was largely done in service to Bling!'s story, her past relationships didn't matter, IIRC she didn't have some big moment of realization, and she basically just settled into being background lesbians with Bling!. Yeah I know, multiple factors keep a C-Lister from getting focus and following up on these developments. But it didn't feel genuine and didn't add much to the character.

But I do think there's room to explore things with characters. Morph isn't as established in other media as all the other characters, and he's also less established as a character even in the show. You can fill in the blanks here, and there will be very little to contradict. Exploring new areas about Morph wouldn't be a radical shift from what we already knew about them. Unless you were really attached to the idea of them being a cis male and going by he/him.

But honestly? Ehhhh. I highly doubt Morph being nonbinary will change anything. Like it won't hurt or help them. Coming out as trans or being attracted to the same sex is a much bigger deal, since changing how they're presented and who they interact with or love. In all likelihood, the only real change is that they'll be referred to with different pronouns, which most people probably won't even notice. Maybe we'll get throwaway lines addressing that they're nonbinary. If they actually have an episode dedicated to them making a discovery, or they create a story where their unique identity is relevant and provides a unique perspective, then yeah that would provide new material to work with. I'd be so up for that. But Morph being nonbinary will matter very little to the actual show or character; it'd be more for certain fans who get to feel represented when they identify with this character, and seeing something out of the binary being normalized.

So yeah. I'm like whatever because it probably won't make any sort of difference. Most of the effects of the change will be seen in the fandom. And my only interaction with the fandom comes from being on this forum, which I'm barely on it anymore, anyway. So I won't really notice or care. Now put Hellion in the show.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    1) If a character has complete control over his apperance, I don't see why he'd spend so much time being male if he didn't think of himself that way.

2) I don't understand why we're talking about Morph being trans in the first place.
    Being non-binary means not identifying as neither male or female, or as both, or something more complicated than that. They can be non-binary with any appearance.

The new writers taking liberties and adding new dimensions to Morph is a good thing IMO.
    It really isn't that big an issue...and I could certainly understand both sides. I'm one of those who really don't care at all (for reasons that have nothing to do with them making one character non-binary.) But I could see why some would take issue. I agree, it is new writers taking artistic liberties with an IP that hasn't been fully developed in the previous series...and until you actually see an episode where he's officially non-binary and how that's portrayed then it could be a bigger issue.

I could easily see that new writer going:
    Let's be more inclusive and diverse. Who can we use? Morph wasn't really developed fully as a character back then. He's a shape shifter, so that lends itself to the current notions of gender fluidity and identity. It certainly is more non-committal than making him Trans or Gay. Coolz! Done and Done!

Personally, I would have gone with making him Bisexual...as they really don't get enough rep. but even that requires more definitive commitment as far as character exploration goes.

As I said before, What would make it a "good thing" is the execution and in-story product. Because it's just not enough to label him NB and then essentially forget and ignore that change. Else you would have been better to not say anything at all and let the viewers come to their own conclusions.

Apropos of nothing...If I'm remembering correctly (and someone can correct me if I'm wrong) I hated his voice. It was a high, nasal, grating irritating voice. So I hope they changed it. I disliked most of the voices but his I found particularly vomitous.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 02-17-2024 at 12:12 PM.

Morph is a literal blank slate as a character. His biggest contribution to the original series was giving Wolverine angst over abandoning him as far as I remember. Any expansion of his character is good for me. There is hardly anything to contradict with him.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Funny thing with Storm and Logan is 5 years earlier Robotech did that same interracial relationship and certain states would not show the series because of that.
    Let me guess. Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Kansas, Kentucky Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, West Virginia & Wyoming.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

BANNED

SmartSelect_20240217_135307_Instagram.jpg

Anyway, Jean being pregnant is awful and that's a real reason to want this show to fail, but people are mad about stupid right-wing **** lol. Fox News types are the worst.