Page 42 of 322 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292142 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Has anyone thought of the ramifications of DS2 on this show…?

Also, Jean and Ororo fans, we’re winning. Our executive producer had this to say to a mutual.

I'm very excited for the potential of a story where we get to see Jean and Storm be best friends instead of being told that they're best friends.

In terms of the implications of MoM, I kinda feel like that Illuminati scene was throwing whatever would get fans excited (looking at you Jim) at the screen. They went with that iconic design because it looks cool but I feel like there's little chance that it'll affect the animated show. Shoot the MCU had an entire episode in What If? dedicated to creating and developing an evil Doctor Strange and then they just used another one in the MoM.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

In terms of the MoM/X97 connection, Beau DeMayo recently hinted that fans will be asking themselves that question (Link to interview), although really with the concept of the Multiverse basically everything Marvel can be considered canon, happening on one Earth or another.

In terms of Professor X, I initially thought the Charles in MoM could be what happens after TAS ended and he went off to the Shi'ar... but that would qualify as an Incursion to the Illuminati so I now think the movie version was just aesthetically similar to the animated but not quite the same character.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    In terms of the MoM/X97 connection, Beau DeMayo recently hinted that fans will be asking themselves that question (Link to interview), although really with the concept of the Multiverse basically everything Marvel can be considered canon, happening on one Earth or another.

In terms of Professor X, I initially thought the Charles in MoM could be what happens after TAS ended and he went off to the Shi'ar... but that would qualify as an Incursion to the Illuminati so I now think the movie version was just aesthetically similar to the animated but not quite the same character.
    Yeah I thought that tooo. Wanda didnt kill rather hurt him badly and he was dying so the shiar came to take him away and now magneto is with the xmen as per his wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Has anyone thought of the ramifications of DS2 on this show…?

Also, Jean and Ororo fans, we’re winning. Our executive producer had this to say to a mutual.

I think a producer of DS2 said it’s not Prof X from TaS. It’s a mix of that version and the DoFP version. So he is a unique entity. I will say I am getting real tired of seeing Professor X die in movies lol. LET HIM LIVE!
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I think a producer of DS2 said it’s not Prof X from TaS. It’s a mix of that version and the DoFP version. So he is a unique entity. I will say I am getting real tired of seeing Professor X die in movies lol. LET HIM LIVE!
    It was the writer. He does seem to confirm that both the Fox movies and animated series are part of the multiverse.

Variety: Where did you draw from to build this version of Professor X? The Fox movies or the comics and the animated series from the 1990s?

Michael Waldron: A little bit of both. I don’t know if I’m technically supposed to get into specifics about these actors or characters, but I worked with that performer to even talk about making it different, so it was a different version of him. He uses a line from “Days of Future Past” that he says to Stephen. But also, we drew from the classic cartoon version of that character. He’s a variant who has qualities of a bunch of different versions of those guys from across the multiverse.
    https://variety.com/2022/film/news/d...os-1235263318/

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Jeremy Slater is a Marvel writer so it's expected he would have words of praise for a Marvel show, but this still gets me excited:

"Beau DeMayo, who's doing X-Men '97, is one of the best writers I have ever worked with in my life. He's an absolute genius," Moon Knight head writer Jeremy Slater, who worked alongside DeMayo in the writers' room for the live-action Marvel Studios series on Disney+, exclusively told ComicBook's Adam Barnhardt. "And the other day, we had our writers' dinner, and he was telling me some of the things they have planned for X-Men '97. I can't say a single thing, except you guys have no idea how excited you should be for that show."
    https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/amp/n...jeremy-slater/

Here's hoping we get some decent news at Comic-Con this year.

Realistically maybe more concept art, but I'd be over the moon if they give us a trailer this early.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post

Among my favorite characters I have to say TAS Magneto rocked. It was the best depiction of the character he has seen animated by far. The Acolytes were great too. Wanda and Pietro were ok, nothing to write home about though. For Lorna I have already said my piece on that score. I understand fully it was a different era when she was only a generic love interest character in the comics.
    they got the tone right on the Acolytes too. far too many writers wanted to make them generic bad guys.

Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post
    To all that is good in the multiverse, PLEASE...

LET THEM APPEAR!!
    This makes me wonder. If Lorna and bobby Drake had kids, what would that be like? :d

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Here's hoping we get some decent news at Comic-Con this year.

Realistically maybe more concept art, but I'd be over the moon if they give us a trailer this early.
    Oh yes!!

Maybe the opening sequence, for instance? Even if the music is the same, the scenes should be really different!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    This makes me wonder. If Lorna and bobby Drake had kids, what would that be like? :d
    One of the kids should be called the North Pole.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

I need Jean to:
    1. Fly
    2. Not faint
    3. Show the powerhouse she is
    4. Go on adventure with her bestie Storm
    5. Show her pink power at some point

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    they got the tone right on the Acolytes too. far too many writers wanted to make them generic bad guys.
    The Fatal Attraction stuff in the comics veered in the direction of straight villains. The Genoshan Acolytes at the end of the decade were pretty multifaceted and well-rounded I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    The Fatal Attraction stuff in the comics veered in the direction of straight villains. The Genoshan Acolytes at the end of the decade were pretty multifaceted and well-rounded I thought.
    One particularly interesting aspect is that you can guess what level of evil an Acolyte team is going to get up to based on the composition of the team. Is it lead by Cortez? EVIL! does it have Spoor or Senyaka in it? Probably evil!

Each Acolyte has their own spot on the good/evil scale.

Astonishing Member

I'm kinda hoping that the TAS Acolyte lineups in the continuation lean towards the early 90s and we get more Chrome, which might lead to a return for him in the comics.

(I love my Z-list trasmutating fave, yes I do).