Page 236 of 323 FirstFirst ... 136186226232233234235236237238239240246286 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,540 of 4832
    Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I don't want to get a Disney + subscription but this looks so good . Also, I don't know why they would want to adapt such an awful comics storyline such as "The Last Will and Testament of Charles Xavier" some of Bendis' worst work. If they change it, it may be one of the only times I mind them changing comic canon.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 03-22-2024 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I don't want to get a Disney + subscription but this looks so good . Also, I don't know why they would want to adapt such an awful comics storyline such as "The Last Will and Testament of Charles Xavier" some of Bendis' worst work. If they change it, it may be one of the only times I mind them changing comic canon.
    They arent adapating Bendis' storyline. They just sed the name. Its more an adaptation of Uncanny X-men 200-225

Fantastic Member

One thing I liked and noticed were a few nods to the original series. Like how Sunspot starts the series off as a "new" mutant, much like Jubilee in the first series. Also, Storm is the first XMen in action in both series. Magneto makes his first appearance in the "second" story of both series (Night of the Sentinels was a two parter). An X-Men "casualty" happens in the second episode of both series. Etc.

Never mind. I had a question that was being discussed already in another thread.
    Last edited by Factor; 03-23-2024 at 07:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I have a question. I'm rewatching the original series and at least during the first season, Scott and Jean didn't seem to know Warren at all.
    Yet the new show establishes that the first X-men were the O5 just like the comics. Is it a new retcon, or is that something that the original show changed after the first season?
    That was a retcon in the original series. There was an episode that went into the formation of the X-men and Warren was apart of that origin

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    That was a retcon in the original series. There was an episode that went into the formation of the X-men and Warren was apart of that origin *screenshot*
    Without context that image makes it look like Xavier is disappointed in their choice of costumes.

That was a retcon in the original series. There was an episode that went into the formation of the X-men and Warren was apart of that origin

You were faster than my edit! Thanks for the info
    Interesting to see which costumes they picked.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Without context that image makes it look like Xavier is disappointed in their choice of costumes.
    "EVERYONE should wear a miniskirt..."

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    You were faster than my edit! Thanks for the info
    Interesting to see which costumes they picked.
    My read as a teen watching it.... They just didn't recognize Archangel. Which feels wrong out-of-universe. But... if you think about it... it's the verbiage that differentiates them, and I think the line might have gotten flubbed or badly written.

Elon's Sentinels will be crashing faster than X

Not surprising considering media literacy is at an all time low. Check this out:

https://twitter.com/GFRobot?ref_src=...253%3Fpage%3D3

Amazing Member

Is this one of those cartoon/merch tie in situations where if people want to see this series continue, the powers that be have to see that the action figures and related merch are selling? Or will it just be based off the views the show gets?

Which ep was that? Odd that they blended the original uniforms with the gen 1 graduation suits...
    Last edited by Thirteen; 03-23-2024 at 11:41 AM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by hbomb450 View Post
    Is this one of those cartoon/merch tie in situations where if people want to see this series continue, the powers that be have to see that the action figures and related merch are selling? Or will it just be based off the views the show gets?
    Well they already have 2 seasons guaranteed and a 3rd in production. So I think it's pretty safe.