Page 107 of 323 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157207 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 4832
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    Ah, okay, I was confused. It was actually the X-Men '92: House of XCI that I was thinking of, that doesn't take place in the same continuity of the 97 animated series. I wonder if all the hints in the main comics about Beast being reset to his old personality is because Marvel wants his animated and comic selves to be the same? Still, I was afraid DeMayo would take inspiration from all Beast's negative portrayals, since writers can't seem to resist making him evil.
    If it helps, Beast was a villain in the X-Men 92: House of XCI series because he died on Otherworld partway through and "came back wrong." I think (and hope) that X-Men 97 will mostly still treat Beast as the gentle and philosophical guy he was in the original series. For what it's worth, you really have my sympathies about Beast's whole descent into over-the-top villainy in recent comics, Mungho. I know it sucks watching that happen to your favorite character.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

House of 92 is a What If story. It has nothing to do with the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin King View Post
    If it helps, Beast was a villain in the X-Men 92: House of XCI series because he died on Otherworld partway through and "came back wrong." I think (and hope) that X-Men 97 will mostly still treat Beast as the gentle and philosophical guy he was in the original series. For what it's worth, you really have my sympathies about Beast's whole descent into over-the-top villainy in recent comics, Mungho. I know it sucks watching that happen to your favorite character.
    Aw, thanks! I was just afraid that, given Marvel's recent track record, that they would try to import more things from the recent comics to the show. Beast isn't the only one who has suffered from villainization and mis-characterization.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    House of 92 is a What If story. It has nothing to do with the show.
    Yes, I realize that now, I read the blurb for it that it was not in continuity with the 97' series.
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

Quote Originally Posted by wlfking View Post
    Have they said what role Roberto will be playing in the series yet? Just supporting cast like Nightcrawler and Colossus who never actually join the team, maybe?

Nothing yet. Sunspot is a mutant peculiar and he is surrounded by plots with villains so Magneto fears that Sunspot could one day turn evil. Roberto's father is a member of the Hellfire Club. Because of Roberto's mother Nova Roma is discovered and Selene appears in the X-Men. There is a plot of Roberto with Gideon and the Externals. Maybe some of these plots will be explored.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post

We just did lol, so no worry there. I get it though, if you're gonna recast Jubilee and give the role to a real Chinese person, you should stay consistent with that casting logic for Roberto. But, ultimately, I don't think the appearance or ethnic background of an actor is that important when it comes to animation. Phil Lamar definitely isn't Japanese, but he's quite beloved as Samurai Jack.
    I just feel like if there's a conscious effort to keep castings more accurate to character, then it should apply across the board.

He isn't just Brazillian, he's Afro-Brazillian so that getting lost in translation is the concern.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Ramiel12 View Post
    Nothing yet. Sunspot is a mutant peculiar and he is surrounded by plots with villains so Magneto fears that Sunspot could one day turn evil. Roberto's father is a member of the Hellfire Club. Because of Roberto's mother Nova Roma is discovered and Selene appears in the X-Men. There is a plot of Roberto with Gideon and the Externals. Maybe some of these plots will be explored.
    And while most of them were just cameos we DID see the Externals in the TV show back in the day.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOjEWHBdfnY
    Oh yeah, that was apparently Candra.

Man, I’d love to see the Externals and Gideon explored as part of Roberto’s story in this series. And, of course, I think Cable would be involved as well.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    I just feel like if there's a conscious effort to keep castings more accurate to character, then it should apply across the board.

He isn't just Brazillian, he's Afro-Brazillian so that getting lost in translation is the concern.
    To be fair, he's half white, half black. I think his look could realistically range a bit, and the illustration here is not out of bounds. I did think he was that new dream guy, at first, though. I don't know why they didn't draw him in his hero suit like everyone else?
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    It’s voice acting. Where race should not be a problem. Which is why it’s so crazy that Jubilee’s VA isn’t returning. I am against raceswapping in live action and am with you about casting a half black guy from Brazil as Sunspot there. But it doesn’t matter in these cases where the voice is all that’s important.
    No, it matters. In EVERY INDUSTRY. Non-white actors already have so little chance of getting roles (live action or not), so if they can't even get the ones written for them then it's a problem. The first voice actor for Storm was also white before she was recast. That means the original cast was all white even though there were non-white characters. That's some Micky Rooney Breakfast at Tiffany's Fumanchu crap and it has to stop somewhere/some-when. And seeing the Sunspot situation (if that's reliable), that when isn't even here yet.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    While I actually like Hale the best when it comes to Jean’s many voices, if this is supposed to be a continuation, unless there is a really good reason why she couldn’t do it, it should have been Disher.
    Maybe she just declined? Out of the original cast, I actually thought Disher was the one that least fit the Jean in my head. She ended up doing a phenomenal job especially considering all the... um... moaning she had to do lmao.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    No, it matters. In EVERY INDUSTRY. Non-white actors already have so little chance of getting roles (live action or not), so if they can't even get the ones written for them then it's a problem. The first voice actor for Storm was also white before she was recast. That means the original cast was all white even though there were non-white characters. That's some Micky Rooney Breakfast at Tiffany's Fumanchu crap and it has to stop somewhere/some-when. And seeing the Sunspot situation (if that's reliable), that when isn't even here yet.

Maybe she just declined? Out of the original cast, I actually thought Disher was the one that least fit the Jean in my head. She ended up doing a phenomenal job especially considering all the... um... moaning she had to do lmao.
    The infamous Jean-gasms LOL

I would be happy with either Hale or Disher although weirdly, even though it wasn't my favourite show out of the 3, it's Venus Terzo from X-Men Evolution I hear in my head when reading Jean. Her or April Stewart from Marvel Heroes Omega who I also always found spot-on.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post

We just did lol, so no worry there. I get it though, if you're gonna recast Jubilee and give the role to a real Chinese person, you should stay consistent with that casting logic for Roberto. But, ultimately, I don't think the appearance or ethnic background of an actor is that important when it comes to animation. Phil Lamar definitely isn't Japanese, but he's quite beloved as Samurai Jack.
    I really thought Sunspot was Somnus for a moment due to the colors of his Clothes.

As, for the Voice Actor I don't see the problem. The guy voicing him is Brazilian. For me I think it matters if he can bring this character to life and have me believe that IS Sunspot. But, other than that I would agree with you. I don't see the problem.
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

Well... no more updates will be forthcoming from Beau DeMayo on Twitter... thanks to people being the assholes they are on social media...

X-Men '97 EP DeMayo "Going Dark" on Twitter Over "Amount of Vitriol"
    https://bleedingcool.com/tv/x-men-97...nt-of-vitriol/

Honestly, I'm surprised he made it this long. Twitter has been a vitriolic cesspool of entitled sanctimonious pricks pretty much since its inception. There's nothing new about that. Give people a platform to show their worst selves, and they'll never let you down!
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    I really thought Sunspot was Somnus for a moment due to the colors of his Clothes.

As, for the Voice Actor I don't see the problem. The guy voicing him is Brazilian. For me I think it matters if he can bring this character to life and have me believe that IS Sunspot. But, other than that I would agree with you. I don't see the problem.
    While I get the desire to see an afro-Brazilian voice actor in the role, I also don't see it as a deal breaker when it comes to voice acting. I know I'm bout to eat up Across the Spider-Verse and Hailee Steinfeld is not a blonde white woman and Shameik Moore doesn't have any Latino heritage to my knowledge. I also think DeMayo's response was a little obtuse, but I also intentionally stay away from twitter so I can imagine how constant nitpicks and criticisms for an unreleased project would be irritating.

The fact that so many people here think that sunspot nonpowered up form is the new dream Mutant Sommus, Does not bode well for Sunspot not being white washed Lol but yeah, keep thinking the white voice actor is not a problem lol.
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    It seems they changed Jean's voice actor from Catherine Disher, who voiced her during the original run of this series and was set to return, to Jennifer Hale, who voiced Jean in Wolverine and the X-Men.

https://twitter.com/XMenUpdate/statu...91132580626438

Other members of the voice cast have been revealed @XMenUpdate on Twitter.

How reliable is that Twitter account? The orginal article said Disher was going to play Jean Grey.