Page 115 of 323 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165215 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 4832

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post

Some might allready be happy with one on the animation and story telling level of The Owl House.
    *Hand goes up*
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Ironic that a powerful company built on 2D animation, literally spends pennies on its animation department now. Disney really has veered far and away from what it used to be.
    And Sony spending 100mils on only one single animated film

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    That's like wishing for a X-men series on the level of Arcane. Which is a really tall order and might be a rather cruel image to put in people's heads for how unlikely it is.
    Sony is actually spending billions on trilogies and spin offs for animation of Spider-Man. Not fair my a@#

I'm fine as long as the animation is on the level of Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

BANNED

The should stick with making computer animated shows.They have decent quality of animation.Such as What If or Transformers Prime

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Icefanatic View Post
    A lot of those are strawman arguments.

I've never heard anyone say it was okay to go into the capital or riot at the Capital. I have heard people say it was comparable to the summer of riots that left dozens dead and billions of dollars done in damages. I think it''s a safe bet the Capital riot would not have happened if not for the summer of riots. It made it feel like acceptable behavior, which it was not. I've never heard anyone say it's okay for white people to play real people of color. I've never heard anyone say it's okay for white people to play fictional people of color(other than Richard Dreyfuss), aside from 'voice' acting, where it is commonplace for actors of all races/ethnicities to portray characters of all races/ethnicities.

There was plenty of election interference if not of the kind that was often alleged. Time magazine did a whole story with people bragging about it. Social media blocked people from sharing info about the Laptop, even in direct messages, with polls showing 1/6 of Biden voters saying it would have caused them to switch their vote had they known about it(polls show 2/3 of people now believe Biden is corrupt including 1/4 of Democrats). You had news outlets colluding with FBI etc to say it was fake when the FBI knew it was real. You had Google change it's search algorithm to direct people away from outlets like Fox and toward 'reputable' news outlets like CNN and MSNBC. who have now lied to their viewers so much that the majority of Democrats now chose to watch Fox instead(something they are now even promoting in their ads).

You poll black people or even just Democrats and ask them how many black people are killed by police and the majority say thousands a day. Even some Black celebrities say that. The reality is it's around three hundred... a year, compared to around five hundred for whites. And most of them are from shootouts with police where officers are just returning fire. Yes, as a percentage of the population blacks are shot more, but most of those shootouts are with gang-members, with most gangs currently predominately Black or Hispanic. There are isolated incidents of unjust shootings involving police and blacks, but there are for whites too, they just don't usually get reported in the media, and if they somehow do it's just a few minutes on the local news that's forgotten by the next day and never even becomes a national story.

We had an incident in a nearby city where police shot and killed a man in the wake of George Floyd. People were ready to riot...until they found out he was white. Then no one cared. There was a brief interview on the 11'o'clock news with his family and the story was forgotten by the next day and never even made a national headline. That's the norm. Remember their names. With almost twice as many White people killed each year by police than blacks, we should remember their names, at least some of them, maybe even at least one?! Kind of hard to do when the media barely even covers those stories much less tells us their names. They don't cover those stories because it doesn't fit their narrative, it doesn't plug into the past-grievance-machine. And because of that some stories get magnified out of all proportion, their facts heavily distorted to fit a narrative, while comparable stories that don't fit that narrative of past grievances get minimized out of existence. All that does is create a heavily distorted view of reality that help reinforce all the grievances.

Mermaids can totally be black. Their are African folktales with black mermaids. What people are complaining about is yet another in a now long list of iconic white redheaded characters now being portrayed as black. It's not just a trope it's becoming systemic erasure. I'm sure you've heard of the 'Gingers have no soul' saying which was a form of hate directed at the Irish. That's now being used to justify replacing redheads with Blacks. Can you imagine if people were saying Black people have no souls and therefor it was okay to replace them with another group? I am a lifelong lover of redheads and I find the now-systematic replacements offensive and a form of hate. Unfortunately redheads do not yet have enough advocacy as a group to effectively fight back against it.
    I'm sorry but are you thinly implying that the protests against police brutality towards PoC in the summer of 2020 is somehow responsible for a bunch of racist bigots to storm the capital because their Bigot in Chief lawfully lost a presidential election?

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Yeah, this.

It's particularly jarring in the case of Jubilee when she canonically doesn't talk like an Asian person. She was brought up in the US by parents who encouraged her to talk and act like a Californian. why would you cast someone to speak English with a Chinese accent when the character doesn't?
    Ok I think this is clear example of why representation matters. You seem to think that an Asian actor will be speaking English with a Chinese accent. Or that they'll be speaking "like an Asian person" (whatever that means). What this shows is that you haven't been exposed to enough Asians to tell the difference between Asian-Americans and Asians that speak English as a second language. This is something that could be very clear to you if there was MORE REPRESENTATION in media!!!

Holly Chou, the actress that is suspected to be replacing Alyson Court as the voice of Jubilee speaks with an American accent.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    The should stick with making computer animated shows.They have decent quality of animation.Such as What If or Transformers Prime
    Pretty much all animation nowdays is "computer animation" since even the 2D styled one eventualy begann to largely benefit from computer programms in their creation process, to the point where the lines between 2D and 3d can blur.

However both forms still have certain advantages and disadvantages, especially when it comes to those made on TV (or crowd founding) and those on movie budgets.

Pure 3D shows for example makes it easier to put the characters in any position or camera angle with relative ease because their model is fully realized. However said models also take longer to create and are much more restrictive in terms of modification. To the point where putting a character in a different outfit requires the lengthly creation process of a whole new model. The same also applies to environments.
    When applied to shows focused on humans, this can often result in very noticable and at times jarring recycling of objects, outfits, backround characters and environments (which are often empty or only have a dozen characters in crowd scenes). Making 3D better suited for non-human or animal characters and pure action.

Movies like Spiderverse and shows like Arcane sidestep this issue via the quality over quantity approach of thier budgets and run times, allowing them to be more "wastefull".

In this regard 3D animation would be arguably far too restrictive for the X-men or a satelite team based shows to work properly, since their strength are personal developments and interactions, adventures around the globe or at least US and a lot of different side characters or antagonist.

This is also where the X-men movies always struggled, often feeling more like the Wolverine or Erik & Charles show featuring some other mutants.

So 2D might still be the best option for a X-men cartoon that can use the best qualities of the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm fine as long as the animation is on the level of Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes.
    EMH was cel, using Films Roman. X-Men 97 looks to be flash attempting to mimic the style of the classic series. I could be wrong on my assessment. But that's what it looks like and that's what I'm guessing. The Ninja Turtles show from ten years ago did similar and while it was alright, you could certainly tell the difference. We already see the design differences in the new X-Men leaked character sheets and the variant cover.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    Ok I think this is clear example of why representation matters. You seem to think that an Asian actor will be speaking English with a Chinese accent. Or that they'll be speaking "like an Asian person" (whatever that means). What this shows is that you haven't been exposed to enough Asians to tell the difference between Asian-Americans and Asians that speak English as a second language. This is something that could be very clear to you if there was MORE REPRESENTATION in media!!!

Holly Chou, the actress that is suspected to be replacing Alyson Court as the voice of Jubilee speaks with an American accent.
    See, I HAVe talked to quite a LOT of Asian-Americans. I've also been to Korea.

what you're NOt thinking about... is that someone who actually speaks "like an American".... is indistinguishable because of not having an accent. If you can "hear the difference"... the person speaking has an accent. A lot of people learn an accent from their parents. Jubilee didn't.

The Roberto da Costa casting actually mattered because the character speaks with a Brazilian accent.

Which makes the whole thing posturing and a PR gimmick.

what you're NOt thinking about... is that someone who actually speaks "like an American".... is indistinguishable because of not having an accent. If you can "hear the difference"... the person speaking has an accent. A lot of people learn an accent from their parents. Jubilee didn't.

The Roberto da Costa casting actually mattered because the character speaks with a Brazilian accent.

Which makes the whole thing posturing and a PR gimmick.
    I was of the understanding the recasting Jubilee wasn't a decision by Disney or the production team, but by the VA who previously voiced Jubilee. Correct me if I am wrong here.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I'm sorry but are you thinly implying that the protests against police brutality towards PoC in the summer of 2020 is somehow responsible for a bunch of racist bigots to storm the capital because their Bigot in Chief lawfully lost a presidential election?
    Sure looks like it!

…okay, you guys are just fully trolling with this **** now, right?

(Thrilled to see the triumphant return of my feelings towards Scarjo and other various assholes in Hollywood being dismissed because “the real Asians” don’t care, though.)

This **** doesn’t happen in a bubble. Let’s also not forget that following XTAS, a white girl was also cast Jubilee in the Gen X live action pilot - not in the 1960s, but the 1990s - or how Natalie Portman was first offered the role in the 2000 movie, and when the producers realized Jubilee wasn’t white, the POV character was immediately switched to Rogue. Or how after they finally started casting Asian actresses in the role, Jubilee’s screentime disappeared more in every movie, while other minor students like Kitty’s only got larger.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I was of the understanding the recasting Jubilee wasn't a decision by Disney or the production team, but by the VA who previously voiced Jubilee. Correct me if I am wrong here.
    Who is also still involved in the show (and I hope is voicing Kitty).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Who is also still involved in the show (and I hope is voicing Kitty).
    Come to think of it with Emma and Shaw confirmed in the series; I wouldn't be surprised if they perhaps retell Kitty's classic introduction with Emma and Hellfire but without the previously done Phoenix portion.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Whether true or not, and I'm really not sure. It got used as a PR gimmick.