Page 161 of 323 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165171211261 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 4832

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    The footage shown at San Diego Comic Con was traditional animation and more fluid according to those who have seen it. But we have to see a trailer first.
    Unless the cel-shaded 3d animation is so well-done that the reporter simply mistook it for traditional animation. Either that, or the comic-con audience was shown an early animatic, which of course would be hand-drawn, as they always are.
    Last edited by Dipter; 02-01-2024 at 06:22 PM.

Incredible Member

After this leak, people on social media aren't happy.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Unless the cel-shaded 3d animation is so well-done that the reporter simply mistook it for traditional animation. Either that, or the comic-con audience was shown an early animatic, which of course would be hand-drawn, as they always are.
    There have been several instances where audiences have seen a trailer and when they finally see the finished product, it's different. I clearly remember when the Attack on Titan season 4 part 1 trailer was shown, all the Titans were traditionally animated. But when the show finally aired, the Titans were in 3D. An episode that featured mostly fighting between Titans was heavenly criticised for its use of 3D animation. People were disappointed.

It is virtually impossible to judge how the series will look from one grainy image. I think it has an almost anime aesthetic to it (which I would be more than happy with). It doesn’t look like something 3D CGI that Pixar or Dreamworks would put out. Best case scenario would have been an animation style similar to Disney+’s “What If…?” series. Either way, until we see a trailer (I am still holding out hope for one during the Super Bowl) then I can’t say much of anything against it.
    Some bands I love: Katatonia, Tool, Flaw, Within Temptation, Breaking Benjamin, Evergrey, The Panic Division, Bush, The Birthday Massacre, Silverchair ('94-'01), Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Autumn, Klone, A Perfect Circle, Starset, This Misery Garden, Evanescence, Dead Letter Circus, Pallbearer, The Foreshadowing & tons more!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlawedCoil82 View Post
    It is virtually impossible to judge how the series will look from one grainy image. I think it has an almost anime aesthetic to it (which I would be more than happy with). It doesn’t look like something 3D CGI that Pixar or Dreamworks would put out. Best case scenario would have been an animation style similar to Disney+’s “What If…?” series. Either way, until we see a trailer (I am still holding out hope for one during the Super Bowl) then I can’t say much of anything against it.
    You're right but from what I'm seeing is that people are criticizing it for being similar to "What If....?". Everyone expected a hand-drawn tv show. But like everyone said let see a trailer first then judge.

Apparently more promo art includes Colossus, Magik, Havok, and Longshot.
    It looks like an Arc Systems Work fighting game.

You're right but from what I'm seeing is that people are criticizing it for being similar to "What If....?". Everyone expected a hand-drawn tv show. But like everyone said let see a trailer first then judge.
    Oh wow, now I would be pretty happy with animation that looked like “What If…?”. If I had any complaint about the original animated series, it is that the fight scenes were not often all that impressive. I want to see the X-Men fighting with animation fighting styles similar to that short-lived/prematurely canceled “X-Men: Danger Room Protocols” series on YouTube (the fight effects were incredibly cool, just not a fan of the pixelated retro video game look). I hope once we do finally see a trailer, it will put people’s fears to rest. I don’t want them tanking the show before we even see it.
    Some bands I love: Katatonia, Tool, Flaw, Within Temptation, Breaking Benjamin, Evergrey, The Panic Division, Bush, The Birthday Massacre, Silverchair ('94-'01), Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Autumn, Klone, A Perfect Circle, Starset, This Misery Garden, Evanescence, Dead Letter Circus, Pallbearer, The Foreshadowing & tons more!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

An episode will be animated like an arcade game. Sunspot and Jubilee will be trapped in an arcade game by Mojo.

Astonishing Member

An episode will be animated like an arcade game. Sunspot and Jubilee will be trapped in an arcade game by Mojo.
    Considering the whole thing is supposed to be in line with a 90's cartoon, one would expect them to let the "virtual world" look intentionaly like those rougher and primitive mid 90's CGI effects.

Like what "The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest" used (the reboot which had a suprising amount of on screen deaths for a saturday morning cartoon).

But all of the iconic X-Men arcade games of the 90s used pixel sprites.

Oh wow, now I would be pretty happy with animation that looked like “What If…?”. If I had any complaint about the original animated series, it is that the fight scenes were not often all that impressive. I want to see the X-Men fighting with animation fighting styles similar to that short-lived/prematurely canceled “X-Men: Danger Room Protocols” series on YouTube (the fight effects were incredibly cool, just not a fan of the pixelated retro video game look). I hope once we do finally see a trailer, it will put people’s fears to rest. I don’t want them tanking the show before we even see it.
    I hope this looks better than What If.

Oh no, not the cel animation 😢

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

LOL I love Roberto's expression here. It's interesting and exciting that they included Magik there, especially in an "X" uniform - I wonder if Mojo could somehow be looking at alternate realities, or if we're getting the New Mutants as new students at the school perhaps?

It's really hard to tell what we're looking at. I do think Storm's hair looks better here though (as I hoped it would).

like wolverine game