Page 2 of 292 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    I would’ve preferred a new series. What I’m about to say is sacrilege but aside from a few episodes, the 90’s X-Men animated series isn’t very good, and is all kinds of overrated. So I’m disappointed in the news. I want a new take on a mythos, not a nostalgia rehash of an old series. I’ll still watch but I’m not excited about it very much. Happy for the fans of this show though.
    I feel the same way mostly, but I'm hoping the length of time it's been will make this feel like a new show with the same cast.

Yes! Very excited for this!!!!

This is the best X-Men news I've seen in over 20 years! Especially with all the old writers and producers on board. I'm sure we'll have top notch animation this time around since Marvel is in a completely different space financially than they were in the 90s. Seeing some of the confirmed voice actors to return means we got Wolverine, Rogue, Bishop, Storm, Jean, Jubilee, Gambit all on board. Unfortunately Cyclops, Apocalypse, and Sabretooth's voice actors are no longer around, though I'm sure they'll turn up. With this set to premiere in 2023, the Wolverine game to release probably in 2024(Wolverine's 50th anniversary release year?), the Giant-size cast 50th anniversary in 2025... the X-Men are primed to take over the Marvel Universe once again. I feel like a kid again.

I wanted a new X-Men series, but at the same time...it's a new X-Men cartoon after literally decades, and even if it's just reviving the 90's show it's obviously likely to adapt and use stuff that came later and with, I hope, modern storytelling and animation techniques so I don't think it'll be just a nostalgia cash grab and hopefully will be a quality X-Men adaption .

And the first time we get animated Wolverine that's not Steve Blum it's Cal Dodd back again .

Excited! I know people wanted something new, but this will stiff offer new content. So looking forward to seeing this series revamped with new animation and storylines.

I'm happy for those of you who enjoy this show. Personally, I'd take an entirely new adaptation

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    I'm happy for those of you who enjoy this show. Personally, I'd take an entirely new adaptation
    I have the same take. If one is a fan of the Morrison comics forward its not a happy day.

I can be happy for the very nostalgic 90s fans though.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-12-2021 at 10:19 AM.

Astonishing Member

I curious if they will adapt darker storylines like the Mutant Massacre and bring in the Marauders since the show opt to use Sinister short-lived Nasty Boys. If they will use religion in a villainous way in the way of Stryker and the Purifiers. or show concepts that weren't introduced a decade later like Laura Kinney, Cassandra Nova(x-men 92 series did bring her) Danger, Breakworld, M Day, Orchis. and if they do crossovers with other Marvel characters, if they do another Spidey team up and get Christopher Daniels Barnes to do Peter's voice again. Maybe bring in Marvel Action Hour FF and Iron-man as well as UPN Hulk. Man probably thinking too ahead of myself, Sorry lol.

I do wish the show wasn't so attached to it's 90s roots and where it left off. I know HBO Max is doing a sort of revival of the Batman: Animated Series, but they're also including new creative voices to make sure the series is modernized and not a retread. I think it's smart to use the most recognizable animated series as a basis, but allow the property to grow up.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Yes! I can't wait! I'm happy the original cast is coming back, but I'm even more interested to see who the new cast will be playing
    Make Good Art

Never was a huge fan of this show (or the 90s era of the X-Men as a whole). I might be a bit biased because it was my introduction to a lot of the X-Men mythos, but Evolution was always my favorite.

But hey, it's new X-Men content that's not tied to an awful movie franchise that wore out its welcome a whole decade before it actually ended. So color me excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I do wish the show wasn't so attached to it's 90s roots and where it left off. I know HBO Max is doing a sort of revival of the Batman: Animated Series, but they're also including new creative voices to make sure the series is modernized and not a retread. I think it's smart to use the most recognizable animated series as a basis, but allow the property to grow up.
    Hopefully this isn't written like it's still in the 90's and it has the quality of a modern cartoon.

Jennifer Hale is my favorite voice actress and seeing her attached to any x-men project is always a delight. Can’t wait to find out which new character she has been cast as. It would be awesome if she voices Rachel Grey and gets to interact with Catherine Disher’s Jean.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Like I said.. its so conflicting.

Love getting X-Men content, but I really didn't want this tbh. The ending of the show was fine and I don't think we need to revisit.

The same creatives being involved, and I'm sure OTT voice acting, really don't do much to make me excited.

But I do love the series... so IDK. I'm gonna watch and enjoy I'm sure, but I wish they could have done something newer.

Also hope that people will keep calling them out for their horrible treatment of Jean. Hopefully it'll be different this time.

I do feel like this show had a good ending. And I'm not a fan of the redesigns that have been going around. But its smart to play on TAS before dipping into the big screen.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/