Page 33 of 322 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383133 ... LastLast
    The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    People who resort to love and kindness shouldn't be derided, demeaned, or underestimated. She can be both supremely empathic and swiftly lethal.

Besides, I think she's in good hands with DeMayo.
    Jean has a capacity for love and to show kindness, but she also has the capacity to use excessive force and to lose her temper and has her own dark side which I feel hasn’t been shown enough during Krakoa era. Hopefully that changes soon in the comics and is shown in the cartoon as well. All I want is for her to be well rounded character wise. Being good and forgiving all the time is just boring.

Let’s not forget Jean’s most popular depictions were under Morrison and Claremont who both showed her cutting loose with her powers, not taking anyones bs, and had a almost violent barbaric nature to her. I want to see that side again.
    Last edited by Tank; 11-22-2021 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Jean has a capacity for love and to show kindness, but she also has the capacity to use excessive force and to lose her temper and has her own dark side which I feel hasn’t been shown enough during Krakoa era. Hopefully that changes soon in the comics and is shown in the cartoon as well. All I want is for her to be well rounded character wise. Being good and forgiving all the time is just boring.

Let’s not forget Jean’s most popular depictions were under Morrison and Claremont who both showed her cutting loose with her powers, not taking anyones bs, and had a almost violent barbaric nature to her. I want to see that side again.
    When was she ever “barbaric”?

The Red Dragon

When was she ever “barbaric”?
    You dont consider making people poop themselves, atomizing their suits and sending them running naked from the mansion barbaric? What about smashing her way into Emma’s head( she deserves it of course and it was great), or claremont Jean/phoenjx dropping out of the sky and destroying a car? Bringing down a meteor on someone? These are all great shows of force.

Morrison’s run mentioned Jean was a furnace of violent emotions and she was described as barbaric in Claremont’s. Other runs have compared her passion to Wolverines when she dropped a car on Sebastian Shaw for ex

You dont consider making people poop themselves, atomizing their suits and sending them running naked from the mansion barbaric? What about smashing her way into Emma’s head( she deserves it of course and it was great), or claremont Jean/phoenjx dropping out of the sky and destroying a car? Bringing down a meteor on someone? These are all great shows of force.
    Considering her adversaries in some of those scenes - i.e., a group of soldiers who attacked her and her students and a woman who had perpetrated myriad violations against others, including killing a pet horse, mind control, and assisting in the psychic and physical violations perpetrated against the Phoenix clone - I would say Jean’s reactions in those situations were measured.

Morrison’s run mentioned Jean was a furnace of violent emotions and she was described as barbaric in Claremont’s. Other runs have compared her passion to Wolverines when she dropped a car on Sebastian Shaw for ex
    Yeah, Jean has always had a temper. She’s also always been deeply empathic.

I really as long as the cast stays the way it was, add Psycloke and Bobby eventually, and jean keep passing out and making a fool of the funny quota I'm satisfied.

Welcome Emma of course, if we follow the timeline and assuming this series lasts two or three seasons, they will probably introduce Emma.
    and kill jean, which would not be bad, emma was always a good substitute, and if you think about it the stories that were adapted, and the stage of Morrison and Xtreme, they are not that far chronologically speaking, since that series ended.
    And please don't let Rogue take away all of her powerhouse powers from the group, but I would like her to gain control of her absorption powers.

I would also like to see an animated House Of M and an Avengers vs xmen with the respective cast modifications, as they used to do in that series.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt LeBeau View Post

So.... what's your take, guys?
    Is too obv are Iceman and Psycloke , more inclusive, For me is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    No thanks to heavy roster changes. It'd feel like a bait and switch to have fans of the original series expect a certain member then have them leave in the first few episodes.

I don't mind a JLU or Young Justice style rotation, but the main cast should still be the heart of the show.

Yeah , agreed With you.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

just as TAS was the introduction to the X-Men for many fan today, I could easily see this new series being the introduction for newer, younger fans as well, if done right.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    just as TAS was the introduction to the X-Men for many fan today, I could easily see this new series being the introduction for newer, younger fans as well, if done right.
    This seems to be the objective. Considering how popular the original run was and that this roster comprises the X-Men’s most iconic members, I can understand why they would want to do this. Besides, I have a hunch Marvel Studios is gearing to adapt X-Men as they were at the height of their popularity, perhaps using this series as a springboard, with a few alterations, of course.

I wholeheartedly trust DeMayo to do justice to our favorite merry band of mutants. In fact, I think we’re all in for quite a surprise!
    Last edited by Mercury; 11-23-2021 at 07:58 AM.

This seems to be the objective. Considering how popular the original run was and that this roster comprises the X-Men’s most iconic members, I can understand why they would want to do this. Besides, I have a hunch Marvel Studios is gearing to adapt X-Men as they were at the height of their population, perhaps using this series as a springboard, with a few alterations, of course.

I wholeheartedly trust DeMayo to do justice to our favorite merry band of mutants. In fact, I think we’re all in for quite a surprise!
    I suspect the same actually. Use this Animated Series revival/continuation to fill in the gaps between the X-men’s past and where we’ll end up meeting them in the MCU, whenever they get folded into it somehow (likely through multiversal reality warping shenanigans at this point, as opposed to the “they were always here in hiding” angle used by The Eternals).

I want to see all black team LightBright and the BioGenes guest appear.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I suspect the same actually. Use this Animated Series revival/continuation to fill in the gaps between the X-men’s past and where we’ll end up meeting them in the MCU, whenever they get folded into it somehow (likely through multiversal reality warping shenanigans at this point, as opposed to the “they were always here in hiding” angle used by The Eternals).
    “Population” should’ve been “popularity.” In either case, it’ll be interesting to see how they explain where mutants were during the events of the other films.

I’m starting to think it might end up being something like Secret Wars, where different multiversal realities collide and somehow the mutants are just folded into the MCU including into its history. So basically history is rewritten to include the X-men and Fantastic Four.

This tweet had me howling:

Rewatching X-Men: The Animated Series bc of the X-Men ‘97 announcement and it’s wild off jump. Professor X has Sabretooth in nipple clamps Eyes #xmen #XMen97 #XmenTheAnimatedSeries

https://mobile.twitter.com/StillLife...71079102959618