Page 39 of 323 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member SavageJudgeDredd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Deadpool's a likely choice to show up too, since he was shut a quick cameo in the original series.
    That would be rad. Deadpool's beloved Kelly run started in '97 too!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    They could still have his creation be explained as being the result of combining tech recovered from Master Mold and Nimrod, perhaps together with using a memory template of a real human as basis for his personality.

I could also imagine them turning the Prime Sentinels from cyborgs into androids, who were given the ability to think an act like humans via memory recordings. So they are still more clever and resourcefull than the big sentinels and can hide among the general population (i wonder how many would accuse the cartoon of ripping off Matrix?), but leave the X-men to freely cut and blast them down, as they would not be people turned into killer machines against their will like the comic version.
    Yeah, Disney is not going to have the X-Men kill civilians who are taken over Sentinels, we are not seeing Sentinels take over humans unless the X-Men don't harm them and free the humans by the end if the story. That's assuming they don't go with the big Sentinels for nostalgia sakes, but they would choose androids over unwillingly cyborgs otherwise.

I know there bits of Master Mold all over some cave, but Nimrod seemed to get teleported to the future every time he is defeated. But that is a clever way to refer to his comic book origins.
    Last edited by The Overlord; 01-28-2022 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Deadpool's a likely choice to show up too, since he was shut a quick cameo in the original series.
    I'd love it if they brought Nolan North back.

honestly hope this series does more of the older storylines they either didn't do Like Mutant Massacre, Xinction Agenda, X-Cutioners Song, Operation Zero Tolerance, Days of Future Present etc up until Eve of Destruction or stuff they barely did like the Brood Saga rather then newer stuff at least at first....honestly after that I would conclude the 90s era related show and perhaps do a new X-Men show to cover what would come after like Utopia,Messiah Complex and up to HOX/POX

Quote Originally Posted by FlawedCoil82 View Post
    I really wish that they could get Joel Furtado (who animated the tragically canceled “X-Men: Danger Room Protocols” web series) to work on the action animation for this “X-Men ‘97” series. He had an excellent grasp on the X-Men’s powers and how they could be cleverly utilized in a dynamic way that we haven’t seen before. He could make some awesome fight scenes!
    Funny you mentioned him. I just came across some cool concept art he made for a hypothetical House of X series

Even the dress of death doesn't make this less rad

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Even the dress of death doesn't make this less rad

lololol "The dress of death!" loves it! Please do not forget "The mask of misery" and "the cloves from the kitchen sink".

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Which is why her ascension under the series’ executive producer Beau DeMayo—a big and gorgeous Jean Grey fan with a tattoo of her on his forearm—is going to be so sublime. He declared me his “unofficial Jean Grey researcher.” (https://mobile.twitter.com/beau_dema...67194620526595)
    Oh wait... he was also behind the Witcher animated movie Nightmare of the Wolf! I knew the name sounded familiar but forgot to look him up. That movie slapped!

Also most probably confirmation for gay Iceman. I hope they adapt the story where Friends of Humanity goons beat up Bobby's dad.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Funny you mentioned him. I just came across some cool concept art he made for a hypothetical House of X series

Marvel is foolish not to go through with this omgggg

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    Yeah, Disney is not going to have the X-Men kill civilians who are taken over Sentinels, we are not seeing Sentinels take over humans unless the X-Men don't harm them and free the humans by the end if the story. That's assuming they don't go with the big Sentinels for nostalgia sakes, but they would choose androids over unwillingly cyborgs otherwise.

I know there bits of Master Mold all over some cave, but Nimrod seemed to get teleported to the future every time he is defeated. But that is a clever way to refer to his comic book origins.
    Maybe it's nostalgia clouding my perception, but i find the primes too interesting to leave out in favor of re-using the dumb big boys again.

As for Nimrod it could be said someone managed to scan him, or that Nimrod himself left data behind when he first came to the past, so that someone would pick it up and use it against the mutants.

Just read through this whole thread…..how did this become a Jean Grey Appreciation thread part 2? Anyways…

Anyone remember the Shadow King episode with the intro to Storm’s god son Mjnari? I’m hoping there’s an episode to follow up on that storyline. That eppy showed some much of Ororo’s vulnerability for the people she loves. I literally fell in love with that character especially after that episode. Plus, Shadow King was my favorite villain from the whole series.
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions

BANNED

X-Men '97 Producers Reveal Intel on X-Men: The Animated Series Revival
    ... In an interview with Justin Underwood (Spideyjeu09 on YouTube), the consulting producers shared new intel on X-Men '97 and revealed a 10-episode first season expected to premiere mid-2023 on Disney+. ...

There is great love and affection and respect from an entire group of people that are doing this show, starting at the top with Beau DeMayo, who's the showrunner." ...

It's the same but slightly modernized, slightly a bit more beautiful, five times the money spent on it. Not that we're bitter (laughs)."

For the first X-Men title produced by Kevin Feige's Marvel Studios, Disney+ has allotted "this wonderful huge budget, and with a lot of thought going into it," Lewald said. ...
    To all that is good in the multiverse, PLEASE...

LET THEM APPEAR!!

Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post

X-Men '97 Producers Reveal Intel on X-Men: The Animated Series Revival

To all that is good in the multiverse, PLEASE...

LET THEM APPEAR!!
    Can't wait! I know 10 episodes doesn't sound like much, especially with how long the seasons of the show used to be. But these days, it's all about quality over quantity. It's comparable to what we got with What If and The Bad Batch. And if these episodes can focus entirely on rescuing Charles Xavier, I think it'll be epic.

Plus, I like how she pointed out it's just the first season. That implies more could be in the works.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Disappointed it is only gonna be 10 espisodes seeing as how the original series averaged 15 eps per year. Perhaps they will do 20 the second year after they see the fandom?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Disappointed it is only gonna be 10 espisodes seeing as how the original series averaged 15 eps per year. Perhaps they will do 20 the second year after they see the fandom?
    If the reaction to the first 10 episodes is strong and it generates a lot of new subs for Disney+, then you can be fairly certain that Marvel Studios will gladly pay for more episodes. That's the main driving force behind this and all Marvel shows. It all comes back to getting new subscribers to win the ongoing streaming wars. If X-Men 97 can contribute to that, then you can expect Disney to keep investing in it.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.