Page 40 of 325 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    lololol "The dress of death!" loves it! Please do not forget "The mask of misery" and "the cloves from the kitchen sink".
    I....till you said that I never ever realised. Redhead...yellow gloves, mostly green dress......is Jean Dexter's mom from Dexter laboratory??

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Welcome to Disney+, X-Men, Hope You Survive the Experience!
    Well, could be worst, could be Netflix live action adaptation...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    Well, could be worst, could be Netflix live action adaptation...
    ... or a CW teen drama.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    If the reaction to the first 10 episodes is strong and it generates a lot of new subs for Disney+, then you can be fairly certain that Marvel Studios will gladly pay for more episodes. That's the main driving force behind this and all Marvel shows. It all comes back to getting new subscribers to win the ongoing streaming wars. If X-Men 97 can contribute to that, then you can expect Disney to keep investing in it.
    Oh, I know. But they could have done the same thing with 15 episodes. They know there is a fandom out there pushing for this and there has been for 25+ years. Plus, they didn't cut back on the first season of the original series.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I....till you said that I never ever realised. Redhead...yellow gloves, mostly green dress......is Jean Dexter's mom from Dexter laboratory??
    Was this the plan all along??

This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Going to be a long wait for those 10 episodes...

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Was this the plan all along??

Her costume from the Power Rangers spoof episode that kid me was obsessed with.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post

X-Men '97 Producers Reveal Intel on X-Men: The Animated Series Revival

To all that is good in the multiverse, PLEASE...

LET THEM APPEAR!!
    Looks like 2023 is the year Feige is gonna start building the MCU X-Men up which is right on the mark for predictions.

I'm glad to see 97 getting so much faith, passion, and money behind it lol curious to see what this show actually LOOKS like.

Beau is going to do wonders.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Disappointed it is only gonna be 10 espisodes seeing as how the original series averaged 15 eps per year. Perhaps they will do 20 the second year after they see the fandom?
    10 episodes per season seems like the standard for streaming animated shows. Arcane and Invincible were the two best animated shows of last year and both of them were under 10 episodes.

Less episodes means less filler and it means you spend more money on individual episodes. You don't need a certain amount of episodes for a syndication deal, you get as many episodes as you need to tell a story.

Let's face it, there were some sloppy animation errors in the old TAS show that likely will not show up with this new series.

If this picks up where TAS left off, will Magneto be the headmaster now?

What other stories could they adapt? I always liked the idea of a toned down, but ultimately more logical Mutant Massacre where Sinister and the Maurders are kidnapping Morlocks so Sinister could experiment on them.

10 episodes is very standard now. It would have been nice to have a 13 ep season to match the first one in '92, but I'm glad it's more than 6!

I read a rumor that claimed Feige will tie this series to the MCU films, much like What If...? is. It seems he and Marvel have decided that these are the characters they want to focus on in the upcoming films. Who can blame them? This roster is iconic through and through, with each character having achieved notoriety amongst both diehard comic books fans and the general public. Not an easy feat, as some popular characters' inability to crossover has proven.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Can't wait! I know 10 episodes doesn't sound like much, especially with how long the seasons of the show used to be. But these days, it's all about quality over quantity. It's comparable to what we got with What If and The Bad Batch. And if these episodes can focus entirely on rescuing Charles Xavier, I think it'll be epic.

Plus, I like how she pointed out it's just the first season. That implies more could be in the works.
    Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Looks like 2023 is the year Feige is gonna start building the MCU X-Men up which is right on the mark for predictions.

I'm glad to see 97 getting so much faith, passion, and money behind it lol curious to see what this show actually LOOKS like.
    We don't know the length of the eps yet, and I think the original's 1st season was only like, what... a baker's dozen? But it does sound like the plan is prudency, when it comes to setting the stage, and world-building. Like you, I expect big, epic, and expansive storytelling, so as to establish the necessary, wide-open future that's needed, to encompass all that Mutantdom has to offer. DisMar's got no reason to think small, now, Fox has already been there & done that. You can tell, because the Lewalds stress as much:

Whoever it is doing this new show is going to make it their own...

begins with Xavier's disappearance and will "build off of that,"...

extending the show into new places. We couldn't have asked for a better setup...
    I think they've already added Nightcrawler, for instance. But despite whatever other extras they decide to explore, I'm sure there'll be more than enough room for everybody. I mean, speaking of stress, seemingly being on the defensive all the time has GoT... to be exhausting.
    Last edited by PolarIceFire; 02-09-2022 at 05:00 AM.

Since Xavier leaving with the Shi'ar was the PG way of killing him off, will the writers actually commit and pull the plug on him? Probably not, but it would be a bold move. I just hope that Magneto's character development is not undone to reset the status quo.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Since Xavier leaving with the Shi'ar was the PG way of killing him off, will the writers actually commit and pull the plug on him? Probably not, but it would be a bold move. I just hope that Magneto's character development is not undone to reset the status quo.
    TAS Magneto really was the best and most dynamic animated depiction of the character by far.
    Last edited by jmc247; 02-15-2022 at 06:54 PM.