Page 43 of 305 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Oh yes!!

Maybe the opening sequence, for instance? Even if the music is the same, the scenes should be really different!
    Oh that would be perfect! Fingers crossed. (though I don't think it's too much to hope for that the opening is finished, since they've said some episodes are already done...?)

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Oh that would be perfect! Fingers crossed. (though I don't think it's too much to hope for that the opening is finished, since they've said some episodes are already done...?)
    Agreed!

I am so excited I really hope we get something soon!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I'm kinda hoping that the TAS Acolyte lineups in the continuation lean towards the early 90s and we get more Chrome, which might lead to a return for him in the comics.

(I love my Z-list trasmutating fave, yes I do).
    He's definitely the most bangable of the male Acolytes. Although I wouldn't be opposed to an Kleinstock Eiffel tower.

I just hope Prof X is still alive in the animated show and not affected by that MOM BS.

I'm excited for this. I started going back and watching the original animated series. There is definitely a lot they can improve on. Things cartoon wise are more violent. It would be nice to see Logan actually use his claws on something. I wouldn't mind a little bit of a darker take

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    He's definitely the most bangable of the male Acolytes. Although I wouldn't be opposed to an Kleinstock Eiffel tower.
    Speaking of, how downright despicable is it that here they've had two years worth of opportunities to take advantage of mutant resurrection and turn the Kleinstock twins back into the Kleinstock triplets they were always meant to be but only got to be for a brief shining five issues or less......but alas, poor Kleinstocks, they remain......bereft.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I'm kinda hoping that the TAS Acolyte lineups in the continuation lean towards the early 90s and we get more Chrome, which might lead to a return for him in the comics.

(I love my Z-list trasmutating fave, yes I do).
    Chrome isn't Z-list. He's one of those rare cases of a guy who died a heroic death and stayed dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Oh yes!!

Maybe the opening sequence, for instance? Even if the music is the same, the scenes should be really different!
    I would expect a remix of the music, and yeah, completely new animation, for the new OP. If they keep the cast member with name on screen feature from the original OP, I suspect some of the logos would be changed. They used the actual comic book logos where one existed (Gambit, Beast, Wolverine) and created one from scratch for the others. But since then Jean, Storm, Jubilee, Rogue and Cyclops have all had solo books, and thus now have proper logos. And Professor X could use the modern X-Men (><) logo.

If there's any cast changes, then they'd probably go for something like season 5's titles, which just had action scenes (but was shorter, so didn't have room for the cast roll).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

While it would be wildly entertaining, there is no way they’ll let jean stay the fainting; tripping over cords damsel she alwwwys wss in the original.

I’m betting now that there will br a brief time skip from the original ending. With Xavier gone to the shiar. Jean will have had “off panel” growth as the de facto psionic on the team and will br very capable and strong.

Not just a wish item. I just can’t see them putting original cartoon jean in a continuation this day and age.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    While it would be wildly entertaining, there is no way they’ll let jean stay the fainting; tripping over cords damsel she alwwwys wss in the original.

I’m betting now that there will br a brief time skip from the original ending. With Xavier gone to the shiar. Jean will have had “off panel” growth as the de facto psionic on the team and will br very capable and strong.

Not just a wish item. I just can’t see them putting original cartoon jean in a continuation this day and age.
    If they start with Xavier in space like the end of the last season, what an opportunity to adapt the uncanny 275-277 arc with the shiar and warskrull arc. Start this **** off with a bang. Jean can take the psylocke role for the adaptation, beast is forge, rogue banshee bc she was in savage land. And hey maybe tease Jean and Phoenix force return for future arcs have some mumradrai/Cassandra nova and do some of Morrison’s new xmen for the new season.
    Last edited by mbm721; 05-15-2022 at 08:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mbm721 View Post
    If they start with Xavier in space like the end of the last season, what an opportunity to adapt the uncanny 275-277 arc with the shiar and warskrull arc. Start this **** off with bang. And hey maybe have some mumradrai/Cassandra nova and do some of Morrison’s new xmen for the new season.
    Yeah

The original series ended with Xavier being taken to shiar space for medical treatment to save his life.

So even if the show picked up literally right where the original finale ended, Xavier is gone to shiar. I’m just betting there will be a few months time skip off screen where jean suddenly is a Competent telepath and telekinetic. I’m not saying she will be OP,, but I think she may have the most different feel as they’re essentially giving her free experience that we don’t get to witness. In my theory.

Just a guess. Either way she’s the xmens onky telepath as of the finale so she will be jumping in the deep end.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Fantastic Member

Yeah

The original series ended with Xavier being taken to shiar space for medical treatment to save his life.

So even if the show picked up literally right where the original finale ended, Xavier is gone to shiar. I’m just betting there will be a few months time skip off screen where jean suddenly is a Competent telepath and telekinetic. I’m not saying she will be OP,, but I think she may have the most different feel as they’re essentially giving her free experience that we don’t get to witness. In my theory.

Just a guess. Either way she’s the xmens onky telepath as of the finale so she will be jumping in the deep end.
    Yeah I agree. I’m excited for the show no matter what happens.

Jean and Scott will be interesting to see how the develop considering they change/grow most in comics.

Maybe (again just idea, I don’t write for show, duh lol) while the xmen fight war skrulls to save prof x if they pick up directly, which they prob won’t, maybe that’s when Scott starts to question his character and stuff, prob by yelling at wolverine lol at first. I doubt he will be possessed by apocalypse, then die after and come back. The benefits of the series are they can stream line and adapt what works best, and match it to the cast of characters. They always have.

Yeah

Maybe have Angel and Psylocke show up? And maybe all of X-Factor? Psylocke, Selene, and Emma all showed up at some point in the show.

Then there's that cameo list in Beyond Good and Evil, dozens of telepaths.

BANNED

I would Love an onslaught 3 parter, get Avengers 96 team and FF involved and it’ll be a fun crossover obviously altered for the show.

Theme song is obvious inclusion, add in some more xmen from that time period like marrow, Reyes and maggot along with more Betsy and Angel.

Maybe even a Generation X episode for fun.

Can’t believe it’s actually happening, what a time to be alive.

So many things they could adapt… Onslaught, Gen X, Avengers and FF ‘97 teams, etc. Personally I want to see Fatal Attractions in some form, with Logan getting wrecked by Magneto, losing his adamantium and healing factor (the latter temporarily) and striking out on his own — which could be a cool subplot running in the background, in the last few minutes of each episode, as the broader team soldiers on without him (possibly even adding Sabretooth to the roster for a bit as they attempted to do in the 90s during that period or, better yet, add Cable in the Logan role with his blue/gold X-men uniform; makes sense as he became a pretty key player in the X-books during that period and was prominent in the major crossovers like Fatal Attractions, OZT, Onslaught, The Twelve).

So I’d like to see Fatal Attractions as the lead-in to Onslaught, and then Logan returns when the team needs him most to take on the evil Professor X-Magneto amalgamation that actually resulted from Charles wiping Erik’s mind in that event. That could be cool IMO. And maybe right after that do OZT, perhaps as a backlash to the events of Onslaught. Introducing Marrow, Dr. Reyes and Maggot.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”