Page 5 of 243 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

I hope Jean’s portrayal is better. Her depiction in the original is honestly the worse out of any iteration of the xmen.

I do like that ugly pony trail is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I'm dead! Definitely don't wanna start with your most interesting plot line and then downgrade.

I was also thinking about the benefits it could do for Jubilee to have her around other X-kids so she doesn't get stuck with the kid of the group role again.
    It's like they left us with the biggest cliffhanger and for what!? As far as I'm concerned Artemis and co could've been slapped together in a 2 issue comic mini and let it be done with.

That would be a nice opportunity for them to introduce the younger mutants and then have a potential spin-off. But again, don't do it right when the main story is heating up!
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Where is this from? I'm all for these slightly tweaked looks.
    From the Disney+ Marvel Preview trailer.

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Oh **** yes!!! This was the series that made me an x-men fan. And frankly, no other team line up in the comics have ever been as good as the lineup from this series. Loving that they got so many of the original voice actors back.

Prayer circle we get a round two of Kitchen Nightmare: Jean/Gambit edition

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Where is this from? I'm all for these slightly tweaked looks.
    From a Marvel Studios 2021 featurette on Disney Plus.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    I do like that ugly pony trail is gone.
    Maybe now it will help with the blood flow and fainting.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Because we don't need to have cartoons slavishly based off the movies? I fee like it's time Marvel learned that.
    Extremely disappointed that the new Spidey cartoon is set in the MCU.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Just remembered that the original show had Bobby leave the team after clashing with Xavier. Hmm, kind of a perfect opportunity to reveal all the conformity to qualify as passing made him feel pressured to remain closeted.

I have a feeling the 90s animated series is being used as a selling and jumping off point. I wouldn’t be surprised if they fast forward to the present or alter reality to fit the present day by the end of the first season.

It would be nice to see a season based on Grant Morrisson's New X-Men, as they've done the best sagas in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I have a feeling the 90s animated series is being used as a selling and jumping off point. I wouldn’t be surprised if they fast forward to the present or alter reality to fit the present day by the end of the first season.
    I don't think they'll jump like 20+ years from the serie's finale since all characters are still loking the same
    But I do see it happening in an alter reality which pretty much resembles current MCU

Okay… well… I would have preferred a new show entirely, but something is better than nothing (hopefully).

While I enjoyed the show as a kid, I think the best thing to come out of it was the theme song, tbh.

But, I guess we’ll see.
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    It would be nice to see a season based on Grant Morrisson's New X-Men, as they've done the best sagas in the past.
    It was around the time of 1997 when Apocalypse Twelve happened and everything changed....Pretty sure they are not going past Morrison to Extinction Era for its grimy nature. They might just divert stories
    Last edited by Vishop; 11-12-2021 at 12:00 PM.

omfg. The executive producer of this new show just tweeted this…

https://mobile.twitter.com/beau_dema...30146729111553

I know some people are frustrated with this announcement, but I think we need to look beyond bias toward/against the original animated series.

This is coming out over 25 years after the original series ended - the quality of the show will not be the same as back then in terms of animation and writing. The creatives are different, with the old show runners acting as consultants. Animation should hopefully be way better, and given cartoon quality these days, the writing should be much better too.

There are a lot more stories to draw off of, and due to changing times regarding social politics, the female characters (especially Jean) will probably have a lot more to do.

The old series had no problem retconning its own canon when it needed to, so the same can be done here.

I’m 99% sure this show will be almost completely different in tone barring the voice acting (so happy they’re back). I hope they keep ALL the music too.