Page 56 of 303 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Krakoa is going on for about 4 years lately. It’s been a commercial success and Marvel put a lot of money into it. It won’t get undone.
    Are you familiar with comic books

As for release date of this, the most common consensus seems to be next summer.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Are you familiar with comic books

As for release date of this, the most common consensus seems to be next summer.
    Next Fall (2023) unless they move it up.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Next Fall (2023) unless they move it up.
    Eric and Julia Lewald reveal X-Men ’97 release date will be in Summer 2023, with a 10-episode count for the first season of the animated series
    https://screenrant.com/xmen-97-show-...ount-revealed/

I know the animation will be much improved from the old show, but I'm wondering if they brought back the old music composers also. One of the things I loved most about TAS was how almost every important character in the show had their own jingle when they made an appearance or did something cool. Bishop, Cable, Storm, Gambit, Wolverine, Rogue, Sinister, Magneto all off the top of my head... all had their own little themes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    I know the animation will be much improved from the old show, but I'm wondering if they brought back the old music composers also. One of the things I loved most about TAS was how almost every important character in the show had their own jingle when they made an appearance or did something cool. Bishop, Cable, Storm, Gambit, Wolverine, Rogue, Sinister, Magneto all off the top of my head... all had their own little themes.
    I hope they keep this aspect ...and also the amazing Intro song!

Can't wait to see the new intro. I hope it's still as bad ass as the former one.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Astonishing Member

Reported leak about a Jubilee-focused episode
    https://geekculture.co/x-men-97-leak...se-of-jubilee/
    Hmm . . . I'm going to reserve full judgment.

While the idea of a retro video game inspired episode sounds fun from an aesthetic level, I was kind of hoping for some drama for Jubilee. The old show's one episode for her was "Jubilee's Fairy Tale Theatre", which was kind of a silly, fantasy episode. And I'm kind of afraid that will be the only kind of episode she'll ever get. Instead, I kind of hoped we'd see an episode that dealt with the way she ended up an orphan. Maybe an episode with Reno and Molokai or Hunter Brawn. Or her bouncing off another character like M. Or even Sentinel X coming back from the future and meeting her. Not to say any of these couldn't still happen, mind you.

It always seems to me that one of the things with younger characters in a lot of action cartoons, is that they're not really given a lot of emotional or dramatic heavy lifting. They're expected to be light and innocent and kind of silly and ask the questions the audience can't. They also rarely have much of a past, with their whole story seemingly starting when they show up. (People will argue that's because they don't have much life behind them when the truth is that in the real world a kid's whole life can be overturned in less than a year, and sadly that does happen to some). One of my favorite single episodes of a cartoon is an episode of the Thundercats reboot that focused on WilyKit and WilyKat that showed their previous lives and how they lost their father and the way they ran away to seek their fortune and fell into picking pockets. Meanwhile, everyone else is assuming they don't know how to take care of themselves and make hard choices, when they've been making hard choices for a while already. It just kind of subverts the idea that the kid members' adventure started the moment we met them.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    I hope they keep this aspect ...and also the amazing Intro song!

Can't wait to see the new intro. I hope it's still as bad ass as the former one.
    It's been confirmed they're keeping the intro. The song when Xavier appears in Multiverse of Madness is credited as "X-Men 97 Theme"

It's been confirmed they're keeping the intro. The song when Xavier appears in Multiverse of Madness is credited as "X-Men 97 Theme"
    Keep the intro song, it's the best, and the initial presentation of the characters in said intro, but with the new animation design of course.

Of course I'm begging them to get some new uniforms, for me their specific uniforms (except Gambit's) all of them are very very obsolete.
    and they already tire that specific appearance in some of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    Keep the intro song, it's the best, and the initial presentation of the characters in said intro, but with the new animation design of course.

Of course I'm begging them to get some new uniforms, for me their specific uniforms (except Gambit's) all of them are very very obsolete.
    and they already tire that specific appearance in some of them.
    It takes place immediately after the end of the original series. Aside from un-whitewashing Jubilee (including an actual asian voice actor this time), the designs are the same as the originals. This image is from the official announcement of the show:

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

It takes place immediately after the end of the original series. Aside from un-whitewashing Jubilee (including an actual asian voice actor this time), the designs are the same as the originals. This image is from the official announcement of the show:
    They will definitely start with the same costumes with just some minor tweaks (I think Jean's is the one who got updated the most) but I don't doubt we could see some new ones if this gets a second season.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Yes! Jubilee is the focal point for the series it's good to know the creators are bring that back in full force. The last 22 years of logan dominated media has really shifted the meaning of the x-men publically drastically.

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    Yes! Jubilee is the focal point for the series it's good to know the creators are bring that back in full force. The last 22 years of logan dominated media has really shifted the meaning of the x-men publically drastically.
    I don't know. Xavier and Magneto also had their fair share of attention. I would prefer if the main focus would be on the team dynamic as chosen family and not on a single character again. Jubes is awesome but is she really that important for the x-men? I would prefer Storm...but the X-Men for me have always been a team.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I don't know. Xavier and Magneto also had their fair share of attention. I would prefer if the main focus would be on the team dynamic as chosen family and not on a single character again. Jubes is awesome but is she really that important for the x-men? I would prefer Storm...but the X-Men for me have always been a team.
    She's that important to the '90s cartoon version of the X-Men. Because she's the viewpoint character that the audience sees everything through. I'd say it's a pretty good bet that they want the audience to see the events of that series through her eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    She's that important to the '90s cartoon version of the X-Men. Because she's the viewpoint character that the audience sees everything through. I'd say it's a pretty good bet that they want the audience to see the events of that series through her eyes.
    As much as I love Jubilee I honestly think it’s a mistake for any team-oriented show (or book) to put too much focus on one character to the detriment of others. Just look at Tini’s recent run on Excalibur - basically just a Betsy solo book with background characters. All of the characters need focus and development or the formula doesn’t work, and I really want this show to work. Jubes has been around long enough now that the whole “wide-eyed POV character” thing really doesn’t fit her that well anymore, tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Jubes was definitely the POV character for the two-parter opening, The Night of the Sentinels, but overall the show was fairly well-balanced in terms of which characters got focus. Far more even-handed than the Foxmen films, or many modern 'team' books. It would be great to get more on her birth family in this series, playing on the character's Claremont origins. Obviously they changed the events of her joining the team(no Gateway or Outback complex, et al), but they could at least do some flashbacks of her parents, the hitmen, etc.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!