Page 61 of 323 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    Emma is much younger than storm and the original 5 for example, so I don't know what you mean.
    Tell me you didnt read uncanny xmen comics without telling me you didn't read uncanny xmen comics. What a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Emma is much older than storm, she’s also older than the 05,
    That was retconned in her first solo book unless something later has come out to change that. But in that she has a similar age to the 05. It was a silly change since she was always meant to be a contemporary to Xavier (I believe she was intended to be mid 30s) but subsequent writers since Morrison have deaged her.
    Last edited by Saturius; 07-11-2022 at 02:39 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    That was retconned in her first solo book unless something later has come out to change that. But in that she has a similar age to the 05. It was a silly change since she was always meant to be a contemporary to Xavier (I believe she was intended to be mid 30s) but subsequent writers since Morrison have deaged her.
    Pretty sure since Hickman, it was always implied she has become contemporary to Charles if nothing else

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    The cucooks even implied once that she is at least approaching 40, something she didnt debunk but rather got angry at. She is a contemporary for charles and tho might not be as old as him she is older than the O5 and storm and the like.

The Emma solo is just her embellishing a LOT of facts.

Miss Astrid Bloom needs to be resurrected so she can share the tea on what really happened back then (and when 'then' really was).

Incredible Member

Emma is 38 and nothing can convince me she is not

I always saw Emma as the same age as the O5 or maybe a bit older. Definitely never pictured her as Xavier’s age.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Yeah, I saw her as older than Scott, but not by a lot.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

It's pretty clear that while she was originally intended to be older than most X-men, she currently is not, and anyone that insists otherwise is trolling. Nothing wrong with it- Wolverine was definitively not supposed to be a man born in the 19th century when he was created, Magneto was not conceived as an Holocaust survivor, etc.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I mean... Mastermold was in the show. You could have Mastermold do that budget Skynet gimmick some more.
    Master Mold was destroyed in season 4, so there would be need a reason for him coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    With just 10 or so episodes, i doubt they have too much room for many guest stars, major stories and even less focus for c-list characters from back in the days (as opposed to currently "in" c-listers).

There is a reason why i would have been much more interested in a proper new series.

Though i could actualy see them setting up Jubilee completely switching to an incarnation of the Generation X team.

Again with only so few episodes, i have doubts they can squeeze all of that into a show which is about a whole team.

If it was 24 episodes i could see the running subplot of Adamantium less Wolverine actualy being realized quite faithfully, but not with so few.

We are talking about a revival season for a cartoon show for kids from 25 years ago, which is supposed to fit in neatly with how it was original done. So there would be serious restrictions on what they can actualy show.

Just like how Wolverine and the X-men could only do the destruction of Genosha as a past event in a dark future, where brief flashbacks and ruins were used to suggest the scope and horror of it. Even though i feel that was the better use of such a story (nothing was truely gained in the comics from it), setting it up as something that needed to be prevented, i don't think they could do the same with the Mutant Massacre.

Genosha's destruction happened mostly off pannel, with none of the heros actualy involved or even aware of it until it was over.

The Mutant Massacre meanwhile was still going on when the X-men arrived and tried to stop it and besides the destruction of the Morlock community, it's most impactfull element was that the X-men actualy lost for most part. They managed to save several Morlocks and come back home alive, but did so battered and broken (some in spirit like Storm, some also in body like Angel, Collosus and Kitty Pryde).

Without being allowed to show death and murder the way the comics could, i have doubts that the cartoon show could realize that feeling of the MM storyline. It's simply too dependant on being bloody in atmosphere (not necessarily depiction).

Though i'm aware of the irony that the Power Pack comic was actualy part of the MM crossover at the time via one tie-in issue.

Not to forget that the X-men were at the time at a whole different "power level" than where they are at the end of TAS. Hence why it was credible that a group like the Marauders would have a chance against them.
    Except Mr. Sinister's motives for the Mutant Massacre are nonsense, either give Sinister a better motivation (Sinister experimenting on Morlocks makes more sense than an outright slaughter) or switch the villains and have anti mutant bigots target the Morlocks.
    Last edited by The Overlord; 07-11-2022 at 07:03 PM.

I think some of you should temper your expectations with this show because there's a good chance they won't adapt some of these stories that were present in the books in the 90s. With only 10 episodes, I'm thinking they want to give the show a proper send off and tell their own story. Also, with some of these voice actors getting up there in age, I don't expect multiple seasons or anything either. Whatever way they do it, I'm still excited about this show more than anything else X-related.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    I think some of you should temper your expectations with this show because there's a good chance they won't adapt some of these stories that were present in the books in the 90s. With only 10 episodes, I'm thinking they want to give the show a proper send off and tell their own story. Also, with some of these voice actors getting up there in age, I don't expect multiple seasons or anything either. Whatever way they do it, I'm still excited about this show more than anything else X-related.
    Yeah, I agree. As I said before, the reason for '97 being ordered is probably to make some money immediately from X-men with an already established concept, while they either don't have or can't reveal yet their vision for the movies. By the time the show is released, we'll probably have more information, and we'll probably have a cartoon more similar to the future X-men movies down the road.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post

I don't think Disney is planning to just make a mini series with X-Men 97, I think it will run for a couple of seasons.

Emma was defintely intended to be older then most of the other main X-Men now maybe not so much now perhaps a year or 2 older then the original 5 if that.

They de-aged her because writers were too cowardly to let Scott date a cougar.