Page 105 of 348 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 5206

I feel way too greedy for asking this, and you have all likely talked about it already but do think a New Mutants spinoff series from this would do well? Maybe something like the Teen Titans cartoon? (I'm not actually that big on anime though)

It's funny. As I'm sure you already remember. Sam, Rahne, Rictor and Warlock already show up in original run of this series.
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wlfking View Post
    I feel way too greedy for asking this, and you have all likely talked about it already but do think a New Mutants spinoff series from this would do well? Maybe something like the Teen Titans cartoon? (I'm not actually that big on anime though)

It's funny. As I'm sure you already remember. Sam, Rahne, Rictor and Warlock already show up in original run of this series.
    I don't know about a New Mutants animated series, Marvel Studios' animation output has been fairly limited so far and I don't know if we can expect much more in the years to come. We will be lucky if we get multiple seasons of X-Men!

But I do think the New Mutants' future in live-action is bright: I expect Marvel to make the most of the Xavier Institute setting and I can easily see a school-related movie or TV show being one of the first X-spin-offs.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by wlfking View Post

Considering that '97 might only exist to be nostalgia based filler creation until a proper new cartoon, designed to have synergy with the MCU X-men plans, has been greenlit, i'm doubtfull there is enough interest at Marvel and Disney to even consider a spinoff.

However this suggestion reminds me that it might be a good idea for the next new X-men cartoon to avoid the pitfall that is the "school" or repeat the "X-men in high school" focus which was Evolution without fully giving up on it either by creating two sister series with a shared universe and occasional interaction.

One focused on the X-men as adult super hero team, entirely independent of a school and it's student body.
    One focused on a school with the main characters being mutant teenagers, with their plots growing from street adventures into full blown junior super heroics.

For the second series meanwhile they could use the new mutant characters as the teachers, with their own former adventures as junior X-men being explored through flashbacks and tying into a "modern day" plot of the teenage characters.

If you're going to play off the 90s nostalgia, it seems X-Force would be more likely than New Mutants.

Although given how the 90s X-men cartoon frequently used plots from before characters like Gambit and Rogue were members, and how X-Force was really just a revamp of the New Mutants anyway, it wouldn't surprise me if such a show did use some of the old New Mutants plotlines, just with Cable and Shatterstar added.

New look at character designs from a variant cover. Morph now has his Exiles face (not a fan), Bishop looks to have shorter hair, Storm has a mohawk, Jean with her hair down, Scott's hair looks very different-in fact, a lot of their hair looks , Sunspot in dressed in casual attire. The rest of the characters look similar, but more digital, which fits with the promo shots we were given, that looks like it was made on Adobe Animate like the way that the CG Ninja Turtles series worked to replicate the 80s series characters and landscapes. Looking okay, but being very easy to tell the difference. Not that it's that much of a big deal. I understand that they want it to be more fluid and I wish they could remaster the series to make it more fluid. But it's still not in the show's favor if they want it to be a continuation. Along other problems like not bringing back any of the directors and writers, changing Jubilee's actress, not having Cyclops and Magneto's actors because they passed away, and the idea that they are going to adopt ideas from recent stories rather than treat it like a time capsule and have season 1 be only take from '97 and so on if the there are other seasons, having each new one unlock a new year. But many of us love this series because it was a far better time in the world of the X-Men. And while I like some of what we've gotten since, I'd rather not tarnish it with recent components.

Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    New look at character designs from a variant cover. Morph now has his Exiles face (not a fan), Bishop looks to have shorter hair, Storm has a mohawk, Jean with her hair down, Scott's hair looks very different-in fact, a lot of their hair looks , Sunspot in dressed in casual attire. The rest of the characters look similar, but more digital, which fits with the promo shots we were given, that looks like it was made on Adobe Animate like the way that the CG Ninja Turtles series worked to replicate the 80s series characters and landscapes. Looking okay, but being very easy to tell the difference. Not that it's that much of a big deal. I understand that they want it to be more fluid and I wish they could remaster the series to make it more fluid. But it's still not in the show's favor if they want it to be a continuation. Along other problems like not bringing back any of the directors and writers, changing Jubilee's actress, not having Cyclops and Magneto's actors because they passed away, and the idea that they are going to adopt ideas from recent stories rather than treat it like a time capsule and have season 1 be only take from '97 and so on if the there are other seasons, having each new one unlock a new year. But many of us love this series because it was a far better time in the world of the X-Men. And while I like some of what we've gotten since, I'd rather not tarnish it with recent components.

Love everything. So much lovely nostalgia. But Storm's hair has to go. UGH!!!! What is it with no-comicbook adaptations to ruin Storm's haircut every time. lol
    Last edited by Exodus; 05-27-2023 at 04:25 AM.

That does not look like a mohawk.

I thought they were giving storm a similar hair style, then it seemed to be a faux-hawk style. Maybe it changes in the series?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Okay, I had been afraid to poke into this thread because I feared they were going to make Beast a villain for this new adaption. But, that doesn't look like the case with this cover, right?
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

It's a sequel to the 90s series so idk why you would assume that at all

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    It's a sequel to the 90s series so idk why you would assume that at all
    Because in the last 97 comic adaption last year(I think?) he was a villain.

changing Jubilee's actress, not having Cyclops and Magneto's actors because they passed away,
    Not their fault. Obviously had to replace the dead actors, the alternative was writing the characters out. And Jubilee's actress Alyson Court stood down voluntarily because of modern sensibilities, that they should have an Asian girl playing the Asian character. She's playing someone else instead apparently, though I don't know who.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    Because in the last 97 comic adaption last year(I think?) he was a villain.
    Ah, okay, I was confused. It was actually the X-Men '92: House of XCI that I was thinking of, that doesn't take place in the same continuity of the 97 animated series. I wonder if all the hints in the main comics about Beast being reset to his old personality is because Marvel wants his animated and comic selves to be the same? Still, I was afraid DeMayo would take inspiration from all Beast's negative portrayals, since writers can't seem to resist making him evil.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

How is "not bringing back Cyclops and Magnetos actors" the shows fault? They're dead.

I don't really get the Sunspot design (Magneto also isn't in his trial costume). I'm guessing the artist was privy to some cartoon designs and used Sunspot's civilian design. We've already seen the costume he's going to wear: