Page 106 of 353 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 5284

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    How is "not bringing back Cyclops and Magnetos actors" the shows fault? They're dead.
    Had they been mutants they'd have put them through the resurrection protocol by now... pfff the prejudice.

It seems they changed Jean's voice actor from Catherine Disher, who voiced her during the original run of this series and was set to return, to Jennifer Hale, who voiced Jean in Wolverine and the X-Men.

https://twitter.com/XMenUpdate/statu...91132580626438

Other members of the voice cast have been revealed @XMenUpdate on Twitter.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

So many black brazilians guys could be voice actor for sunspot but they pick a white guy again. Ugh.

http://twitter.com/XMenUpdate/status...438548481?s=20
    Last edited by Ramiel12; 05-28-2023 at 08:34 PM. Reason: link

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I never saw the original except for an episode here and there. I was in my late teens when it came out and I had already read the comics several times over. I thought the animation was bad and the voice acting over dramatic and didn't like how they were replacing the original characters in certain stories with the cast. Calisto kidnapping Cyclops as the most beautiful man in the world instead of Angel was a trip. Her voice was too. Again, like I said, I hope the focus on Kurts religion less in this if I do actually give it a try. He should be kicking ass like in WATX.

... Please don't kill me.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

X-MEN 97 is reportedly set to release January 3rd, 2024 on Disney+.
    https://twitter.com/XMenUpdate/statu...Xh4RaFa4Q&s=19

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I never saw the original except for an episode here and there. I was in my late teens when it came out and I had already read the comics several times over. I thought the animation was bad and the voice acting over dramatic and didn't like how they were replacing the original characters in certain stories with the cast. Calisto kidnapping Cyclops as the most beautiful man in the world instead of Angel was a trip. Her voice was too. Again, like I said, I hope the focus on Kurts religion less in this if I do actually give it a try. He should be kicking ass like in WATX.

... Please don't kill me.
    I can kind of see that. And sometimes the animation was choppy. Still. It was my introduction to this world and I found it fascinating.
    There is some voice work that leans toward comedic in my memories but a lot of times, I thought it was really freakin rad. I still hear David Hemblen whenever I read Magneto's lines in the comics.
    Last edited by wlfking; 05-29-2023 at 01:21 AM.
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    I don't really get the Sunspot design (Magneto also isn't in his trial costume). I'm guessing the artist was privy to some cartoon designs and used Sunspot's civilian design. We've already seen the costume he's going to wear:

Have they said what role Roberto will be playing in the series yet? Just supporting cast like Nightcrawler and Colossus who never actually join the team, maybe?
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramiel12 View Post
    So many black brazilians guys could be voice actor for sunspot but they pick a white guy again. Ugh.

And so far all I saw was Americans complaining about it. I'm glad they picked a Brazilian guy to do his voice, though.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    And so far all I saw was Americans complaining about it. I'm glad they picked a Brazilian guy to do his voice, though.
    As a Brazilian, yes, same thing. It's just a relief he won't be speaking Spanish.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    It seems they changed Jean's voice actor from Catherine Disher, who voiced her during the original run of this series and was set to return, to Jennifer Hale, who voiced Jean in Wolverine and the X-Men.

https://twitter.com/XMenUpdate/statu...91132580626438

Other members of the voice cast have been revealed @XMenUpdate on Twitter.
    I REALLY hope this is true. Not just because Jennifer Hale voiced Jean in other shows. Her talents as a voice actor are beyond dispute. Any show or video game that hires her to do a voice is usually a something that is a high profile/big ticket property. It also means the character is going to be significant. You do NOT hire someone like Jennifer Hale for a few throw-away lines or for characters who aren’t important. That bodes very well for Jean in this show.

Also, on a personal note, I had the privilege of meeting Jennifer Hale at New York Comic Con in 2019. She is an absolute delight. Her smile lights up an entire room and she was so happy interacting with fans. I got her autograph and it’s currently mounted on my wall at this very moment. Meeting her was definitely a highlight of my life.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

I understand the deceased actors would need to be recast. But between that and recasting characters where the actors are still living… And having a totally different writing crew, how it is the same series?

And to go more into the crew aspect…. Perhaps the most significant gripe I have with this revival is, why on Earth could they not let the original writers and director do it? The Lewalds and Larry Houston are still very much alive and capable. Giving them meaningless consulting roles is a way to pay them minimum respect but not allowing them any power. If Marvel and Disney wanted this to be a true continuation, they would let the people who made it handle it.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ramiel12 View Post

It’s voice acting. Where race should not be a problem. Which is why it’s so crazy that Jubilee’s VA isn’t returning. I am against raceswapping in live action and am with you about casting a half black guy from Brazil as Sunspot there. But it doesn’t matter in these cases where the voice is all that’s important.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    While I actually like Hale the best when it comes to Jean’s many voices, if this is supposed to be a continuation, unless there is a really good reason why she couldn’t do it, it should have been Disher.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I want to get excited about this. I really do. But something tells me that, even if this is the official release date, it’s not going to hold. The ongoing writer’s strike is already delaying multiple Marvel Studios projects. I have a feeling this show will be caught in the crossfire.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Roberto's VA not being Black does open the door for him to be whitewashed (again) so I think the hostility is fair. And, we haven't seen him without his powers yet.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    Roberto's VA not being Black does open the door for him to be whitewashed (again) so I think the hostility is fair. And, we haven't seen him without his powers yet.

We just did lol, so no worry there. I get it though, if you're gonna recast Jubilee and give the role to a real Chinese person, you should stay consistent with that casting logic for Roberto. But, ultimately, I don't think the appearance or ethnic background of an actor is that important when it comes to animation. Phil Lamar definitely isn't Japanese, but he's quite beloved as Samurai Jack.
    Last edited by Dipter; 05-29-2023 at 07:45 AM.