Page 31 of 353 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181131 ... LastLast
    Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    While I don't think it's a bait and switch since they've only released one image and the series is almost two years away, I do understand if people want the core cast intact. I go back and forth on it. Television series are allowed to evolve, but I do like shows that keep an original cast throughout their run as well!

I don’t think it’s a bait and switch at all. Even as a kid I would get upset at the end of the episode when Iceman, Colossus, Bishop, & Nightcrawler wouldn’t stay with the team.

JLU is the way to go imo. The exact same team would be disappointing for me. JLU handled it perfectly
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Bishop would be a great permanent addition. Beyond that, I wouldn’t add anyone else to the main team.

Fantastic Member

Haha thanks for understanding. I'm just brainstorming what I think is the smartest way to go about the series, and not even necessarily what I would like the most. Because I myself would enjoy ten more season with this core cast lol.

That's ridiculous lol. Jean got the least storylines if you don't count the episodes that were completely devoted to her?? I know Jean was the punching bag of the series, but after season 3, this was not the case anymore. She was competent and had big parts in all the Sinister stuff, A Rogue's Tale, Xavier Remembers, and Beyond Good and Evil. Even in season one, she outlasted Cyclops against the Morlocks and took out Juggernaut (even though she fainted lol). She had two full sagas... 9 episodes(!) devoted to her. Rogue had what... three? Beast had maybe two if you count the one about the ship (which was an Angel episode). Everyone had moments in the ensemble episodes, but you can't say that Jean didn't get a lot of focus.

Lol she was support in all of those and in the sinister and beyond good and evil she's captured and basically the plot is about her being a damsel in distress. I'm good on those stories, wanna see more of her stories like her issue with sabertooth. I get what you mean but there's a difference between being featured and being focused.

BANNED

I want to see X-Force adapted in this animated series. Invincible has become a hit with amount of gore added to its adaptation
    Last edited by Vishop; 11-19-2021 at 08:48 PM.

While I don't think it's a bait and switch since they've only released one image and the series is almost two years away, I do understand if people want the core cast intact. I go back and forth on it. Television series are allowed to evolve, but I do like shows that keep an original cast throughout their run as well!
    you mean only a year away. 2022 will happen in 1 month and 10 days. I've been ready since 97

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    I want to see X-Force adapted in this animated series. Invincible has become a hit with amount of gore added to its adaptation

Seconded, a gory X-Force would be cool, especially if set in like life 9 of Hox-Pox Juggle the team here and there, Random/Mercury, Psylocke, Spiral, Sabertooth, Shinobi Shaw and a merged Warlock/Doug and you'd have a pretty good show.

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    you mean only a year away. 2022 will happen in 1 month and 10 days. I've been ready since 97
    Well, it was 1 month and 13 days yesterday until 2022 arrives. But the show will likely premiere September or October 2023.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

They should give Morph his psychic powers and helmet
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    I want to see X-Force adapted in this animated series.
    I would love to see some X-Force in this series.

Extraordinary Member

https://twitter.com/Dataracer117/sta...97933234728970

Thoughts on all this.Personally(as a POC) I think it's good, but I hope the execution is done well

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post

Thoughts on all this.Personally(as a POC) I think it's good, but I hope the execution is done well

Oookay then.

That's... hmmm. I'm not going to touch that with a 20 foot pole because there's no way discussing that will end well.

But as a whole, I've learned to separate the art from the artist, which will be easier since these are people taking the reigns on a project. Unless they go BoJack Horseman and let their grievances change the feel of the show, it won't be an issue for me. I can view them separately from the show and have my own thoughts and opinions, but I don't want that to get in the way of my enjoyment of the show.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Fantastic Member

Maybe they could do an X-Men Gold/X-Men Blue thing. The original core cast would still get more attention, but we'd have several episodes focused on the other team, letting them use people like Bishop, Dazzler, Iceman, Nightcrawler, Archangel (and keep Morph around). I think it would be easier to do that with already established characters, though. Everyone I just listed has already appeared in the TAS, they just might need an episode where they officially join the new team. If they introduce someone like Kitty Pryde, who never appeared in TAS at all, I think she'd need more focus to develop her and establish her as a new cast member.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    That's... hmmm. I'm not going to touch that with a 20 foot pole because there's no way discussing that will end well.

But as a whole, I've learned to separate the art from the artist, which will be easier since these are people taking the reigns on a project. Unless they go BoJack Horseman and let their grievances change the feel of the show, it won't be an issue for me. I can view them separately from the show and have my own thoughts and opinions, but I don't want that to get in the way of my enjoyment of the show.
    In that case you may hope that the other parts of the production can keep things enjoyable.

As much as they are too blame for ruining shows or movies over the decades, producers, executives, editors, networks/publishers or opposing writers, can often also balance out writers or directors who if left in complete free reign would damage a product just as much.

There is a fine balance that needs to be maintained where one is given enough free reign to let their creativity play out to the fullest for a successfull result and the other needs to keep enough grip on the lines to not let this creativity go out of control and damage the success.

Many more "notorious" comics of the past two decades can often be pointed at both overly interfering and overly hands off editors (sometimes the same person) who enforced or were unwilling to veto horrible ideas by writers.

Likewise a certain level of restriction can result in a much more subtile and applicable message regarding real world issues than a straight up reference. Or put another way, creating a timeless message is better than creating a topical one and is less likely to be vetoed.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post

Well considering the themes and history of the X-men I’m not surprised.

If Kyle Rittenhouse was included in a x-men story he would be on of those friends for humanity recruits. I’m racking my brain to find another part for him to play but he very much feels like a shoe in for that part.

I doubt it will influence the show much. It’s Disney and Marvel. Whatever they do will be scrutinized by marketing and PR.