Page 32 of 335 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    https://twitter.com/Dataracer117/sta...97933234728970

Thoughts on all this.Personally(as a POC) I think it's good, but I hope the execution is done well

I don't trust that Dataracer guy, he seems like another alt-right Fandom Menance guy. What Feldman says doesn't bother me, being passionate about social issues is a plus for this show. The alt-right Fandom Menance guys already have knives out for this show.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    That's... hmmm. I'm not going to touch that with a 20 foot pole because there's no way discussing that will end well.

But as a whole, I've learned to separate the art from the artist, which will be easier since these are people taking the reigns on a project. Unless they go BoJack Horseman and let their grievances change the feel of the show, it won't be an issue for me. I can view them separately from the show and have my own thoughts and opinions, but I don't want that to get in the way of my enjoyment of the show.
    I try to do that too. And not just when the artist is a hard leftist but also a right-winger. Call me old fashioned, but I don’t particularly care what your politics are if you’re an athlete, entertainer or artist. I’m a consumer paying for a product. If that product is good by my standards and I enjoy it? Great. If it’s bad, I spend my money elsewhere.

Within reason of course. Probably not going to buy something produced by someone who is openly pro-pedophile or pro-animal abuse, for example. No matter how talented they may be. That’s perhaps a bridge too far…

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    you mean only a year away. 2022 will happen in 1 month and 10 days. I've been ready since 97
    It's slated for summer 2023, which is 1.5 years minimum... so I rounded up just based on how the last few years have been going!

Quote Originally Posted by Neocide View Post
    Lol she was support in all of those and in the sinister and beyond good and evil she's captured and basically the plot is about her being a damsel in distress. I'm good on those stories, wanna see more of her stories like her issue with sabertooth. I get what you mean but there's a difference between being featured and being focused.
    Yeah, my point was that even if you didn't like the narrative they had for her character, you can't deny she was very front and center throughout the series. And she was portrayed as very courageous and heroic in the first episode of The Phoenix Saga. Cyclops was like "no, I'm the leader I'm going to do this" and Jean was all "oh bless your heart. <zap>" lol. And in The DPS she sacrificed herself in a rather epic way. Yes, she was only featured in many episodes, but she was also focused on in MANY episodes.

Storm had several episodes dedicated to her. The Arkon ones were probably some of the worst in the series, but it's still a Storm episode whether I liked the characterization or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    No sweat! I totally get where you're coming from.

This is a fair assessment. Still, as you noted, she was definitely the punching bag of the series and the one that was nerfed the most. Moreover, the most focus she received was as Phoenix and Dark Phoenix, which fans of hers can't even count as being fully her. I understand where Neocide is coming from and mostly agree with their take.
    Agree to disagree. A phoenix episode is still a Jean episode! Especially in the cartoon where they didn't retcon it to being a different physical body as well. Fan opinion cannot change that those were Jean episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I try to do that too. And not just when the artist is a hard leftist but also a right-winger. Call me old fashioned, but I don’t particularly care what your politics are if you’re an athlete, entertainer or artist. I’m a consumer paying for a product. If that product is good by my standards and I enjoy it? Great. If it’s bad, I spend my money elsewhere.

Within reason of course. Probably not going to buy something produced by someone who is openly pro-pedophile or pro-animal abuse, for example. No matter how talented they may be. That’s perhaps a bridge too far…
    I guess it's just where you draw the line. Pedophiles and animal abuse was just one of your examples, so I'm not at all trying to assume any of your other metrics. It's been a really eye-opening half decade. Before I could say, oh if they support so and so it's not all bad. But now we've had someone (and in effect, a whole party) that's just so horrible on all issues... anti-Muslim, anti-trans, anti-civil rights protesting, fat-phobic, misogynist, racist, ableist, etc etc, that it's so far beyond anything I can accept anymore. And we have people trying to say, well I don't support some of those things, but I still stand with it... what TF even is that?? I've had to draw so many lines because I can't support any of it.

That’s fair. I suppose the problem is when I draw too many lines, there’s nothing left to enjoy. Maybe I’d just rather not know…

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    That’s fair. I suppose the problem is when I draw too many lines, there’s nothing left to enjoy. Maybe I’d just rather not know…
    That's another thing. I don't pressure myself to seek out all the problematic information out there. I just make sure to note when I do find out and make choices that I feel are right for me. None of us are perfect. I still use Amazon and I still shop at Home Depot because because they've cornered the market. But I'm not going to eat at Chick-Fil-A because there are so many other options.

Anyway, for some fun contributions to this thread, I took the image I captured from the Disney+ Day video (I literally took a picture of my TV lol) and edited it as best I could. I'm now using it as a wallpaper.

NOTE: I did enlarge Rogue because she was way off scale

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin King View Post
    Maybe they could do an X-Men Gold/X-Men Blue thing. The original core cast would still get more attention, but we'd have several episodes focused on the other team, letting them use people like Bishop, Dazzler, Iceman, Nightcrawler, Archangel (and keep Morph around). I think it would be easier to do that with already established characters, though. Everyone I just listed has already appeared in the TAS, they just might need an episode where they officially join the new team. If they introduce someone like Kitty Pryde, who never appeared in TAS at all, I think she'd need more focus to develop her and establish her as a new cast member.

I’d love world building on top of that. not only blue/gold episodes maybe in season 2 or beyond so Excalibur, Gen X, X-Force, or X-Factor episodes. Make it a whilole universe. They finally got the Batman: TAS budget they wanted lol
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

This show definitely needs Emma and Monet. A competent and badass Sabretooth would be welcomed as well.
    Last edited by Vulcansfire; 11-21-2021 at 02:51 AM.

A fun review of the original series that brings cal Dodd back for a few fun lil wolverine animations

He sounds older obviously, but I dig it a lot

Yeah. The Blue and Gold concept would be cool explored further down the line. Paralel stories culminating in several arcs and finales. Blue can be like in the comics and Gold could be also like in the comics plus Kitty.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Season One/Six: X-Men 92 comic series (Cyclops and Jean Grey marry, Storm takes over as leader and Bishop and Kwannon/Psylocke join the team. Gen X student join.)
    Season Two/Seven: Morrison's New X-Men / Claremont X-Treme X-Men (Emma joins, split to blue (field) and gold (staff/admin/teachers).
    Season Three/Eight: Age of Apocalypse / House of X / Messiah Complex
    Season Four/Nine: House of X

First X-Men MCU film comes out the same time or shortly after season 4.

DM to hire me Marvel.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Free publicity:

And guess who agrees...

Do we have a fan in the house or do we have a fan in the house?

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Free publicity:

And guess who agrees...

Do we have a fan in the house or do we have a fan in the house?
    That’s nice and all, but these lists are basically at the whim of whoever is writing them. I can make a list too and publish it on the internetz

Let’s just wait and see if Jean is given her proper fiery personality and flaws instead of being a one note perfect care bear first though. You might be setting yourself up for disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    That’s nice and all, but these lists are basically at the whim of whoever is writing them. I can make a list too and publish it on the internetz

Let’s just wait and see if Jean is given her proper fiery personality and flaws instead of being a one note perfect care bear first though. You might be setting yourself up for disappointment.
    People who resort to love and kindness shouldn't be derided, demeaned, or underestimated. She can be both supremely empathic and swiftly lethal.

Besides, I think she's in good hands with DeMayo.
    Last edited by Mercury; 11-22-2021 at 08:11 PM.