Page 58 of 337 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108158 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I love the Foxverse overall, but it's a bit like X-Men Evolution in that some changes are just things that nobody asked for; like focusing the content on Mystique in half the central movies.

As for people hating the existence of Wolverine, well, that's just people identifying with nerd-jock paradigm too much and over-exaggerating, imo.
    I get that. And I feel like the critic when it comes to Jennifer Lawrences acting is also valid.

But it is supposed to be a parallel universe with the main idea that Mystique NOT becoming a villain will change the time-line for the better. So, Mystique being out-of-character so to say, is the entire premise of her storyline in the second trilogy...I don't mind it. She is still very much antagonistic to Xavier in many movies and a radical mutant rights advocate. I think that makes her not too different from some versions of her comicbook character (but painfully missing Destiny!). I never was a fan of backstabbing Mystique who is evil and crazy for the sake of being evil in the comicbooks and really like the comicbook plot where it was explained that Mystique's powers influenced her mental health and Psylocke saved her from this condition.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I get that. And I feel like the critic when it comes to Jennifer Lawrences acting is also valid.

But it is supposed to be a parallel universe with the main idea that Mystique NOT becoming a villain will change the time-line for the better. So, Mystique being out-of-character so to say, is the entire premise of her storyline in the second trilogy...I don't mind it. She is still very much antagonistic to Xavier in many movies and a radical mutant rights advocate. I think that makes her not too different from some versions of her comicbook character (but painfully missing Destiny!). I never was a fan of backstabbing Mystique who is evil and crazy for the sake of being evil in the comicbooks and really like the comicbook plot where it was explained that Mystique's powers influenced her mental health and Psylocke saved her from this condition.
    I agree that Mystique is a better character when she actually has reasons for her antics, and I agree that was a nice fix from Cullen Bunn.

As far as deviation from the comics, I am generally fine with it, but I just don't think people see X-Men to see Mystique as the central character in any context.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post

I preferred the reasoning being given that her nefarious actions were the result of her attempting to influence fate due to her knowledge of destinys diaries. Did psylocke really permanently cure her mental state. Seemed she simply did a psionic mind heal to make her more trustworthy for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I love the Foxverse overall, but it's a bit like X-Men Evolution in that some changes are just things that nobody asked for; like focusing the content on Mystique in half the central movies.

As for people hating the existence of Wolverine, well, that's just people identifying with nerd-jock paradigm too much and over-exaggerating, imo.
    Mutant and proud :s

raw.jpg

Astonishing Member

With Graydon Creed seemingly dead in the old series, I wonder who would be in the main anti mutant villain would be?

Cameron Hodge is still alive and seems to have a position with the government, he is pretty vile in the comics. We have never seen William Stryker in animation or Bastion (though he would need a less convoluted origin in the show).

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    With Graydon Creed seemingly dead in the old series, I wonder who would be in the main anti mutant villain would be?

Cameron Hodge is still alive and seems to have a position with the government, he is pretty vile in the comics. We have never seen William Stryker in animation or Bastion (though he would need a less convoluted origin in the show).
    I mean... Mastermold was in the show. You could have Mastermold do that budget Skynet gimmick some more.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Marvel Studios Animation has their own panel at SDCC, so we may get a first look/news in just two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Marvel Studios Animation has their own panel at SDCC, so we may get a first look/news in just two weeks.
    Hopefully, there's a sneak peak that'll break the internet.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

It's confirmed! First look at X-Men 97 on July 21st

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/s...widget%3DTweet

Hell yes!
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    It's confirmed! First look at X-Men 97 on July 21st

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/s...widget%3DTweet
    Yay! Very hyped.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    It takes place immediately after the end of the original series. Aside from un-whitewashing Jubilee (including an actual asian voice actor this time), the designs are the same as the originals. This image is from the official announcement of the show:
    That's not identical to how they looked at the end of the original series. Jubilee's been reverted back to how she looked originally. In season 5, she ditched her shades and had a longer bob haircut - matching how she looked in the Generation X comics at the time.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    I remember being pissed as a kid because movie Wolverine was such a wimp.
    Aside from being too tall, movie Wolverine was comics accurate to the Claremont era. Tough fighter, not invincible, none of this regenerating from a single cell crap and being able to solo monsters like Venom.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I mean... Mastermold was in the show. You could have Mastermold do that budget Skynet gimmick some more.
    Or just go with Bastion. The season is titled '97 allready which was his big year in the comics afterall.

Just change his origins somewhat (not being Mastermold and Nimrod fused in some magical place) and tada, the perfect fusion of human politician villain and Sentinel villains.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    Like! It's such a running gag that even most comic book youtubers when talking about the xmen coming to the mcu dont want wolverine introduced till later because he will derail the course of the xmen. Instead of a family dynamic it became the loner show. And poor cyclops got shafted really hard when he is supposed to he the leader of the xmen. Didnt help that Brian Singer had a hard on for Hugh Jackman like the creep he is.
    I thought Singer is only into younger guy?