Page 67 of 353 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117167 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 5282
    Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Are they continuing the regular Xmen team comics trend of whiteboys with "exotic non-white women" team dynamic?
    I mean it's the exact same team as the original series. That's kind of the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    Of course I'm begging them to get some new uniforms, for me their specific uniforms (except Gambit's) all of them are very very obsolete.
    and they already tire that specific appearance in some of them.
    Yikes! Well we wouldn’t get along too well on this. I am ok with minor tweaks to the uniforms, but “all-new” uniforms, God in Heaven NO! I hated every single “X-Men Evolution” uniform and almost every “Wolverine And The X-Men” uniform. I was even annoyed when Wolverine and Rogue wore pointless “space uniforms” in the “Sanctuary: Part 2” episode of TAS and was thankful they didn’t return. Whenever I say I only love the “90s X-Men”, 90% of that strictly due to how they looked with their uniforms. They are absolutely crucial to my interest in the franchise. In fact, they are the sole reason that made me buy my very first X-book. When Marvel very foolishly started distancing themselves from those looks starting around 1997-98, the X-Men were as good as dead to me and I quickly lost ALL interest in buying the books. When the first film came out, I was repulsed beyond words when I saw the bland, colorless trash they were going to be wearing in the movies. I only saw the film because I got a free ticket from my friend.

This is about the furthest I would be willing to accept as far as tweaking their uniforms go. They are slightly updated and modernized, but still instantly recognizable (although Storm’s mohawk would have to go).
    Last edited by FlawedCoil82; 07-15-2022 at 10:31 PM.
    Some bands I love: Katatonia, Tool, Flaw, Within Temptation, Breaking Benjamin, Evergrey, The Panic Division, Bush, The Birthday Massacre, Silverchair ('94-'01), Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Autumn, Klone, A Perfect Circle, Starset, This Misery Garden, Evanescence, Dead Letter Circus, Pallbearer, The Foreshadowing & tons more!

I don’t even think the costumes need to be modernized. They only seem dated to the seasoned readers who are aware of the history, but to the average viewer’s eyes nothing about them screams 90s.

That costume for Wolverine is so damn bright tho… really wish they’d put him in his brown and tan one in the show.

After all, in the comics that’s exactly what he did during the Claremont/Byrne run. One day he was wearing the bright yellow and blue outfit, and then he just decided to change into something darker and started sporting brown and tan. It doesn’t have to be a big deal or plot point, rather Jubilee makes a comment about his new duds and he says, “Felt like a change.”
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

I think the costumes are fine and I like the tweaks the new artstyle has given them.

I think if we're hoping for aesthetic change, probably will need to wait for whatever new X-Men cartoon follows this one. (also, I am a greedy X-Fan that hopes multiple shows could be running at the same time)

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    That costume for Wolverine is so damn bright tho… really wish they’d put him in his brown and tan one in the show.

After all, in the comics that’s exactly what he did during the Claremont/Byrne run. One day he was wearing the bright yellow and blue outfit, and then he just decided to change into something darker and started sporting brown and tan. It doesn’t have to be a big deal or plot point, rather Jubilee makes a comment about his new duds and he says, “Felt like a change.”
    That's in character for Logan anyways.
    Last edited by Gray Lensman; 07-16-2022 at 03:41 AM.
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FlawedCoil82 View Post
    Yikes! Well we wouldn’t get along too well on this. I am ok with minor tweaks to the uniforms, but “all-new” uniforms, God in Heaven NO! I hated every single “X-Men Evolution” uniform and almost every “Wolverine And The X-Men” uniform. I was even annoyed when Wolverine and Rogue wore pointless “space uniforms” in the “Sanctuary: Part 2” episode of TAS and was thankful they didn’t return. Whenever I say I only love the “90s X-Men”, 90% of that strictly due to how they looked with their uniforms. They are absolutely crucial to my interest in the franchise. In fact, they are the sole reason that made me buy my very first X-book. When Marvel very foolishly started distancing themselves from those looks starting around 1997-98, the X-Men were as good as dead to me and I quickly lost ALL interest in buying the books. When the first film came out, I was repulsed beyond words when I saw the bland, colorless trash they were going to be wearing in the movies. I only saw the film because I got a free ticket from my friend.

This is about the furthest I would be willing to accept as far as tweaking their uniforms go. They are slightly updated and modernized, but still instantly recognizable (although Storm’s mohawk would have to go).
    Agree

By 2000 I was done with the xmen for a long time, hated the bondage leather and obsessive need to erase the 90s in Joe Q’s marvel at the time.

I don’t expect major changes in costumes judging from the only promo image we have but I do expect some variations of the story requires it like bone claw wolverine bandana or grey suit storm.

And regarding the show, I hope bishop, cannonball, Reyes, maggot, marrow and Generation X show up.

I’m surprised the costumes are such a focal point here lol

Aesthetic is a very important part of animation AND superhero shows, but as long as the animation looks good and the stories and characters are on point, I can’t imagine people turning it off because the costumes have changed.

Having said that, I sincerely doubt costumes will be changed (Disney have REALLY been pushing this team and look into the public eye via their stores and Disney plus).

I don't know why anyone thinks the costumes would change when they've said numerous times it takes place immediately after the end of the original series. Aside from un-whitewashing Jubilee they all look basically the same.

The costume will change but not inmediatily

Hope the name change in the next seasons

Or they will put a weird retcon thing and say the xmen 97 are the mcu x men and mutants and something ala heroes reborn happen and then mutants in the mcu and stuff

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    I think the costumes are fine and I like the tweaks the new artstyle has given them.

I think if we're hoping for aesthetic change, probably will need to wait for whatever new X-Men cartoon follows this one. (also, I am a greedy X-Fan that hopes multiple shows could be running at the same time)
    One can hope.

Even if they stick with the yellow and blue for Logan, I just hope they’ll ditch the underwear on the outside look for him and Cyclops. Like in the image above. I just find that to be such a dated look.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    The costume will change but not inmediatily

Hope the name change in the next seasons

Or they will put a weird retcon thing and say the xmen 97 are the mcu x men and mutants and something ala heroes reborn happen and then mutants in the mcu and stuff
    No, because the XTAS universe already has their own Avengers and other heroes from the other 90s shows

I don't think some of you guys get what this show is: it's a sequel series to the original X-Men animated series. The original cast (except the ones who've died and for the Asian actress taking over for Jubilee) are returning. It's called 97 because that's the year the original series ended, and this is picking up immediately from it.

Even if they stick with the yellow and blue for Logan, I just hope they’ll ditch the underwear on the outside look for him and Cyclops. Like in the image above. I just find that to be such a dated look.
    Ahh I love the underwear

Of course it's dated. The show is set in 1997.