Page 92 of 350 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142192 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 5247

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Also, it's a particularly stupid take considering that:

a) Not even Scott himself isn't responsible for Xavier's "death" considering he was possessed by the Phoenix against his will due to the Avengers' actions;
    b) Xavier didn't die, and in fact considering everything we saw in House of X/P10, there's a decent chance Xavier and Moira planned the whole thing;
    c) Scott more aggressive stance not only was hardly radical, but also had nothing to do with Emma and everything to do with Decimation and House of M;
    d) Of course, blaming the woman for the man's actions is in itself is usually very creepy if not outright misogynous.

I really didn't care either way about him preferring Jean with Scott, being a Jean fanboy, etc, but this take makes me worried for the show, because it's clear the guy didn't get the comics he read at all.
    Completely agree, its like he read summaries rather the actual issues.

Emma and Scott disagreed on Utopia and disagreed on the approach to Hope/Phoenix with Emma wanting to give Hope the choice.
    It was Starks stupidity that forced the Phoenix Force on the P5

Its the same with IvX the editors decided to shelve Emma for a year and a half then saddle her with Scotts burden despite them ending pretty badly in Bendis run. That X-Office Editorial has yet to be overhauled.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Completely agree, its like he read summaries rather the actual issues.

Emma and Scott disagreed on Utopia and disagreed on the approach to Hope/Phoenix with Emma wanting to give Hope the choice.
    It was Starks stupidity that forced the Phoenix Force on the P5

Its the same with IvX the editors decided to shelve Emma for a year and a half then saddle her with Scotts burden despite them ending pretty badly in Bendis run. That X-Office Editorial has yet to be overhauled.
    To be fair, it wasn't Scott's burden, it was their own, because they were the ones that decided after Secret Wars to kill Cyclops off-panel while calling him the new Hitler, without deciding what exactly he did that was so bad (on the same day they release Uncanny #600, which ends with him leading a MLK style mutant march), and then when they finally decide to tell the story they already know the Inhuman push failed and realized that maybe describe one of their most iconic characters as the new Hitler was a bad idea.

But yeah, either he didn't read the stories or didn't get it, which these days qualifies him to be an editor at Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Has he formed the X-Force yet?
    Well, one of the eps with him did have him fight alongside Domino, so... they planted the seeds of the idea there. https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/X-Men...ies_Season_1_7

That was a very INTERESTING ep in terms of world building. X-Men have to deal with Sentinels AND Genoshan Magistrates, but in doing so run into a lot of... friendly and not-so-friendly Mutants. We have not only Cable, but a bunch of Mutants from Alpha flight, the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, X-Factor, AND X-Force! granted a lot of them are functionally cameos, but still... These are in-person cameos, not just "picture in the background" cameos like so many others.

Sure, we don't see them do anything like making and X-Force group.. but... the writers gave themselves an in for showing that the group got together after meeting up.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Well, one of the eps with him did have him fight alongside Domino, so... they planted the seeds of the idea there. https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/X-Men...ies_Season_1_7

That was a very INTERESTING ep in terms of world building. X-Men have to deal with Sentinels AND Genoshan Magistrates, but in doing so run into a lot of... friendly and not-so-friendly Mutants. We have not only Cable, but a bunch of Mutants from Alpha flight, the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, X-Factor, AND X-Force! granted a lot of them are functionally cameos, but still... These are in-person cameos, not just "picture in the background" cameos like so many others.

Sure, we don't see them do anything like making and X-Force group.. but... the writers gave themselves an in for showing that the group got together after meeting up.
    Slave Island is one of my fave episodes from tas! Lots of story and as you mentioned characters in that brief 20+min episode. One of the first vhs tapes of the series I had and I remember watching that on repeat pretty much all summer one year with some action figures. Genosha and the sentinels were scary af, enslaved the Xmen and mutants without caring. Like I felt bad for Blob lol. Great character work for Gambit storm and jubilee. “Not the box”. And then yeah Cable came in and kicked ass. Prob my fave depiction of cable ever. And he was still pretty fresh in the comics at the time very similar to when he was in the end of new mutants. I was like 7/8 years old

Quote Originally Posted by mbm721 View Post
    Slave Island is one of my fave episodes from tas! Lots of story and as you mentioned characters in that brief 20+min episode. One of the first vhs tapes of the series I had and I remember watching that on repeat pretty much all summer one year with some action figures. Genosha and the sentinels were scary af, enslaved the Xmen and mutants without caring. Like I felt bad for Blob lol. Great character work for Gambit storm and jubilee. “Not the box”. And then yeah Cable came in and kicked ass. Prob my fave depiction of cable ever. And he was still pretty fresh in the comics at the time very similar to when he was in the end of new mutants. I was like 7/8 years old
    Dude, YES! Loved 'Slave Island' and Cable's debut... a.k.a., "The Wild Man of Borneo." I want to see more of that badass, hardnosed Cable in X-men '97.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Dude, YES! Loved 'Slave Island' and Cable's debut... a.k.a., "The Wild Man of Borneo." I want to see more of that badass, hardnosed Cable in X-men '97.
    Hell yeah man! I had no idea where Borneo was as the time and went to a globe! Quote still sticks with me. Best cable. They were scared of him too. That laugh he gave as the dam broke and wave was coming! I had a lot of questions but was impressed! Cable in the series was pretty hard, and I always liked him that way. Sometimes less is more

It's funny cause I've always seen Scemma fans saying Emma was better for Scott because she "made him stronger", "supported him more", "broke him out of his shell" and basically giving their relationship all the credit for his character evolution, while Jean was "holding him back" from growing out of the boyscout phase or whatever. But when someone thinks of that change as negative, suddenly it has nothing to do with her and it's very sexist to push that narrative lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    It's funny cause I've always seen Scemma fans saying Emma was better for Scott because she "made him stronger", "supported him more", "broke him out of his shell" and basically giving their relationship all the credit for his character evolution, while Jean was "holding him back" from growing out of the boyscout phase or whatever. But when someone thinks of that change as negative, suddenly it has nothing to do with her and it's very sexist to push that narrative lol.
    He is specifically blaming her for Xavier's death, which is stupid for a whole lotta reasons I explained.

I think there has always been a segment of the fanbase especially some older readers who were a bit iffy with Emma becoming part of the team for a few reasons....imo one major one is that she made for a great adversary while still being a great character xmen has a habit of turning former foes into members...

Quote Originally Posted by cam18 View Post
    I think there has always been a segment of the fanbase especially some older readers who were a bit iffy with Emma becoming part of the team for a few reasons....imo one major one is that she made for a great adversary while still being a great character xmen has a habit of turning former foes into members...
    A lot of people grow up with a version of any character and treat any change as absolutely heretical. Some of those grow up to become Marvel EIC and think is a good idea said character makes a deal with Satan to end his marriage, because at least he'll come back to be the version he remembers from childhood.

He is specifically blaming her for Xavier's death, which is stupid for a whole lotta reasons I explained.
    Particularly dumb because right before he killed Xavier he betrayed Emma, choked her out, and stole her half of the Phoenix powers.

Technically if the Phoenix was Jean all along, and the broken Phoenix corrupted Scott, that means that JEAN was the one who "turned" Scott.

EDIT: The above is a joke, to be clear.

Jokes aside, I won't hold this against him. He had a take based on incorrect information, but everybody makes mistakes. He still loves Emma, he's still passionate about the franchise and respects a lot of characters. And he loves Emma, which is very important.
    Last edited by Rift; 08-11-2022 at 07:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Technically if the Phoenix was Jean all along, and the broken Phoenix corrupted Scott, that means that JEAN was the one who "turned" Scott.

Jokes aside, I won't hold this against him. He had a take based on incorrect information, but everybody makes mistakes. He still loves Emma, he's still passionate about the franchise and respects a lot of characters. And he loves Emma, which is very important.
    I hear you but it makes you wonder where he got that info and what more bad info he has gotten. Mistakes happen but when it is the showrunner actually running with that bad info it can be very problematic when you consider the first season is most likely already in the can.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    I hear you but it makes you wonder where he got that info and what more bad info he has gotten. Mistakes happen but when it is the showrunner actually running with that bad info it can be very problematic when you consider the first season is most likely already in the can.
    Yes, does that.seem the kind of non-sense Marvel editors say justifying their nostalgia trips (see also: marriage makes Spider-man look old, so.have him make a deal with Mephisto is a great choice) rather than the opinion of someone that actually read the stories.

Yeah I didn't mean about that specifically, just the general idea of Emma's "influence" and how Scemma fans talk about that.