View Poll Results: Would you want to see it?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

51 83.61%
  • No

10 16.39%
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

I'm just really happy to see X-men that look and act like X-men again instead of weird mutant cultists and extremists. They even made Cyclops look kinda cool (for a little bit anyway).

Sure the voices have taken a little bit to get used to and I don't understand why they took out the underwear lines of Jeans costume when Wolverine and Cyclops are still wearing their trunks, but otherwise it's been A material.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    ...one of my big concerns is that they'll revert to the Jean/Wolverine/Scott classic love triangle for nostalgia which will freeze out Morph. I love the subtle build of Morph/Logan and would hate to see that dynamic sidelined.
    I think that triangle was classic at one point. Today, though, I just think it's rather stale, so I'm with you.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

I'm a Scott and Jean fan so seeing Logan out of the picture would make me happy. But I'd warn fans not to get any real hopes up for a Wolverine and Morph relationship beyond a close friendship and an unrequited love from Morph. Marvel and especially the Marvel Studios side isn't as progressive, and they like to portray when it comes to sexuality.

Morph being non-binary they'll say Morph's a shapeshifter of course they're non-binary. Morph having feelings for Logan why not Morph can be any gender and their love wouldn't be binary just like them. But Logan never even with Morph as a female they'd never do it because they'd never want to imply Logan is bisexual. If Logan is Bi here, then why not in the future live action films? They'd get backlash for not doing it and they're not going to do it to the guy they built the X brand around. Simply because they don't want to piss off middle America, the Middle East, China, or Russia when releasing the future X-Films. Look at the Marvels Carol and Valkyrie were supposed to be ex-lovers, but you wouldn't know by what they put out.

Bucky is partly based off Arnie Roth in the MCU, and they still refused to go there with him even with "Stucky" fans.

They're always going to put potential money over their claimed values.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    They're always going to put potential money over their claimed values.
    Are they really? Why is the MCU forgoing all the merch sales to boys by introducing all these new female heroines? It seems Disney values diversity even if it means dwindling merch sales IMO. For instance I think merch sales related to The Marvels and Echo are at an all time low. I don't think The Acolyte will bring in a lot of sales either, nor high ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I think that triangle was classic at one point. Today, though, I just think it's rather stale, so I'm with you.
    Agreed, I still feel a Scott/Jean/Madelyne triangle was the way to go if they want a fresh interesting triangle, not Scott/Jean/Logan which they are hinting at. The emotional pathos of Scott/Jean/Madelyne given their circumstances would be intense. And before anyone states "that wouldn't be canon given the time period" remember this is a new continuity anything can be done they want to do.

Edit - But above all they can only queer bait Logan/Morph it would seem. IMHO, if they do not want to pull the trigger on this pairing they shouldn't tease it doing so is harmful and cynical. But, I suppose we'll see what happens as the story progresses.
    Last edited by Celgress; 03-28-2024 at 06:49 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Morph strikes as being Logan's gay bestie than a genuine romantic option.
    Yeah, I fantasize about my bestie in the shower all the time. Yup, Morph's feelings for Logan have been presented as purely platonic not an inkling of unrequited romantic interest whatsoever.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Yeah, I fantasize about my bestie in the shower all the time. Yup, Morph's feelings for Logan have been presented as purely platonic not an inkling of unrequited romantic interest whatsoever.
    Morph can have feeling for their bestie but it will likely be one sided. Logan is still pining for Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Morph can have feeling for their bestie but it will likely be one sided. Logan is still pining for Jean.
    Of course, the producers control everything as I previously stated I'm not a fan of where this is likely going. Scott/Jean/Logan been there done that I have the t-shirt *yawn* and I have zero interest in revisiting it.

Hopefully, this is a misdirect for a nostalgia pop. *crosses fingers*
    Last edited by Celgress; 03-28-2024 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I just feel like Scott's been through enough.

But maybe this was the twist. Give us several moments of Cyclops being awesome before pulling the rug out from under him (again).

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    Show is moving way too fast and seems sloppy at times…
    There are times when it feels like this show is a bunch of stuff happening to characters we all like rather than an actual story. I almost got whiplash with Madelyn not only becoming triggered, but suddenly she's "The Goblin Queen." I know it happened in the comics, but there it happened for a reason. "Inferno" was an entire crossover event, here it's one line as an easter egg. There's no reason for her to call herself that other than we know it happens in the comics.

Also, I couldn't help but laugh when Scott yells that he won't abandon his son ... then leaves. At least in the comics, he gave his son a heartfelt goodbye. But I guess this was more Jean's story. It's an interesting wrinkle that they have no idea when Jean and Maddy were switched out since they both remember everything, so they don't know who actually did what.(I don't think they explored that in the comics, did they?) Although in their line of work, you'd think one of them would have the scars to show they actually experienced such and such battle/storyline.

Also, I haven't read the X-books in awhile (I tried the Krakoa era, but couldn't get into it), but has there ever been a "Sister Sinister?" Seems like a natural.

Extraordinary Member

Agreed, I still feel a Scott/Jean/Madelyne triangle was the way to go if they want a fresh interesting triangle, not Scott/Jean/Logan which they are hinting at. The emotional pathos of Scott/Jean/Madelyne given their circumstances would be intense. And before anyone states "that wouldn't be canon given the time period" remember this is a new continuity anything can be done they want to do.
    Yeah, I was kinda hoping for the Scott/Jean/Madelyne triangle was going to be the way they were going to go. Hopefully it's not too late.

Edit - But above all they can only queer bait Logan/Morph it would seem. IMHO, if they do not want to pull the trigger on this pairing they shouldn't tease it doing so is harmful and cynical. But, I suppose we'll see what happens as the story progresses.
    Agreed entirely. It just comes off as insensitive and cruel, tbh.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Well, that was certainly a condensed adaption of Inferno. Even had Maddie go "show them...my Inferno!"

Are they going to update the intro every episode?

I will give them credit for making you feel for "Jean" at the beginning when everyone starts turning on her after the reveal. Like literally no one sticks up for her and even Scott doesn't say a word in her defense. And he was there when this woman gave birth to his child and been with her for...who knows how long at this point.

Oh look, it's Roberto! Who was just suddenly there even though he wasn't in the last episode! So, what, he's just frequenting the mansion now?

"Call me he Goblin Queen! And Madelyne Pryor! That's what they call me in the comics anyways."

Christopher Britton still sounds as creepy and sadistic as Mr. Sinister and he hasn't lost any of his menace from the original show.

We can't get Goblin Queen transforming all of New York into the demon plane so we'll just do it to the mansion! Complete with a Hayao Miyazaki reference.

Oh hey, Shard cameo! Oh, and Spiral.

The animators had WAY too much fun animating the Goblin Queen. As much as Jennifer Hale had playing her. I guess it's true what they say that playing villains is more fun (and sexy). I can only imagine how many sexual awakenings would've happened had they done this on the original show.

Magneto and Rogue sure do have a lot of Danger Room sessions together...though honestly I feel like they're setting up there's nothing really romantic going on between them, especially the way Rogue reacted to Gambit being hurt. Plus the kiss in the intro.

There were many ways I saw that scene of Morph seeing Wolverine in the shower going and not all of them involved a demon...

I like how they acknowledged Morph's history of Sinister, even having them morph into their evil Morph face!

I loved Bishop throwing Wolverine at Beast to catch him.

I KNEW they were going to differentiate the two Jean's with their hairstyle, real Jean having it in a ponytail, Maddie having her hair down. I'll leave it up to the viewer to decide which is the better Jean hair.

On the one hand I kind of get how Logan would be the one to calm Jean down and get her back to being mentally stable, it's happened to him enough times, but I'm not fond of the prospect that Logan might take advantage of Jean's current mental instability and the friction between her and Scott to make a move.

The Magik cameo, complete with Darkchylde, felt so random. Like the last time we saw Illyana on the show she was a little girl and suddenly Morph is transforming into her comic-accurate teen body and Limbo form? Was there some off-screen Limbo arc with Belasco we don't know about? Which maybe also featured her older brother in his classic costume he never wore in the show compared to his appearance here? Also, Courtney Taylor did a solid job, but did they actually contact Tara Strong (her original VA?). She's been reprising Illyana pretty consistently in games for the last few years.

Here's battle-damaged Magneto in case you thought this adaption of Inferno was missing half-dressed men.

I like how we had Magneto vs Goblin Queen for pure Superhero spectacle as well as Jean vs Maddie for the second half of what makes this franchise great, people trying to understand each other and the self-realization to be your best self.

Comic-accurate Jean Grey origin story! Complete with her dead best friend and the actual Charles Xavier!

Well, there's how Baby Nate got the Techno-Organic Virus and got shipped to the future to become he man known as Cable! Ironic that Bishop took him back knowing the two clashed in the original show,

I feel like the most powerful emotional moments involved Maddie and Morph, but the best was probably Scott's indignation at the idea of abandoning his son like he was...like so many have.

As far as endings for Maddie go, this was probably one of the better ones, seeing her son off as best she could, off to live her own life, on her own terms. Though I wonder if she's still in love with Scott?

Look at the state of Scott and Jean's bedroom and how it's an on-point representation of their current relationship status! I wouldn't even be surprised if Jean wants her own room. Poor Scott.

The X-Men keep bleeding members (also coincidentally both of them being black), though Bishop wasn't really adding much to the team so far.

Now Storm's gone full punk complete with her comic-accurate black leather ensemble, and in true Lifedeath fashion she's met up with present-day Forge! Who thinks he can help her get her powers back! Maybe also because he helped create the gun that stole it from her!
    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    There are times when it feels like this show is a bunch of stuff happening to characters we all like rather than an actual story. I almost got whiplash with Madelyn not only becoming triggered, but suddenly she's "The Goblin Queen." I know it happened in the comics, but there it happened for a reason. "Inferno" was an entire crossover event, here it's one line as an easter egg. There's no reason for her to call herself that other than we know it happens in the comics.
    I feel like on one hand the 10-episode count is very beneficial when it comes to the quality of animation (compare this to a 26-episode Young Justice season also animated by Studio MIR), but it also means that the pacing is super fast for something that could've easily been a two-parter (or probably a multi-parter in the original show).
    Also, I couldn't help but laugh when Scott yells that he won't abandon his son ... then leaves. At least in the comics, he gave his son a heartfelt goodbye. But I guess this was more Jean's story. It's an interesting wrinkle that they have no idea when Jean and Maddy were switched out since they both remember everything, so they don't know who actually did what.(I don't think they explored that in the comics, did they?) Although in their line of work, you'd think one of them would have the scars to show they actually experienced such and such battle/storyline.
    I think the idea was that he was so angry and incensed while also having no better solution that all he could bring himself to do was leave while they carried on with the plan.

The real Jean's body was encased in like amber before the original Phoenix Saga in the comics I think but I've seen some speculation Sinister replaced her here during the Beyond Good and Evil story.
    Also, I haven't read the X-books in awhile (I tried the Krakoa era, but couldn't get into it), but has there ever been a "Sister Sinister?" Seems like a natural.
    There's a Miss Sinister.

Mighty Member

You know, after watching this third episode, I'm wondering if it would have been beneficial for the episodes to be longer than the standard 22 minute format. I understand why they did and still continue to do it for TV, but with the advent of streaming I wonder if it's more restrictive to adhere to the this format.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    You know, after watching this third episode, I'm wondering if it would have been beneficial for the episodes to be longer than the standard 22 minute format. I understand why they did and still continue to do it for TV, but with the advent of streaming I wonder if it's more restrictive to adhere to the this format.
    Except that in this particular case the format IS THE POINT. This is supposed to be a new season of the old show. Keeping the 22 minute Saturday morning cartoon vibe is part of the nostalgia festival.

They're still longer than most What If episodes, I think.