View Poll Results: Would you want to see it?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

51 83.61%
  • No

10 16.39%
Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Waity, Jean was a clone? I thought it was Madelyne Pryor. Oh, Just read up, didn't realize that they made her a clone...All I remember is Xfactor when she was revealed...Or somewhere around that time to not be Jean, but someone else...
    And (F)orget clones...

I think it was awesome. I like that they kept FOH as a main threat, sadly it is just as relevant today as 30 years ago.
    I loved all of the stuff with Magneto as Charles' heir and his trial.
    Just please, for God's sake, stop the terrible Magneto/Rogue/Gambit love triangle! Rogue/Gambit are the only comic-book pairing I care about and now they have finally got their due in comics. I hate all love triangles, but this one is the worst. Magneto is also my favorite character, just keep him away from Rogue. Please, Marvel, I'm begging you!!!
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Think it was a thing in the comics for a while, also they were married in AOA.

Of course Magneto/Rogue being one of Jim Lee's most iconic covers before Gambit/Rogue even got started doesn't help.

chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

My biggest exposure to the Rogue/Magneto pairing was in Age of Apocalypse, and while I have a soft spot for that universe, I hated that pairing and how integral it was to the story. I also didn't like that in that universe, Magneto is introduced to Rogue right around the same time Wanda is killed, and she is practically Wanda's age. Like, sorry, that **** is just plain weird. Find someone your own age, Mags, don't be gross.
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Look, Magneto is clearly mourning for Charles all episode, it's not even subtle. I get that we are never getting any canon confirmation, but the way they immediately have him try to hook up with Rogue to look straight is just weak.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

I've never bought the idea that Charles and Erik are gay or bi. Two out and proud mutants are closeted. Just doesn't ring right to me especially with Magneto.

I see their relationship as two friends who are more like brothers than if there was blood even between them.

They aren't gay nor bi and that's ok. They didn't put him with Rogue to prove anything. It was done for the drama a love triangle brings (gotta replace Scott, Jean and Logan.) Also, the season is only 10 episodes, so it's going to be pretty fast paced when it comes to relationships.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    They aren't gay nor bi and that's ok. They didn't put him with Rogue to prove anything. It was done for the drama a love triangle brings (gotta replace Scott, Jean and Logan.) Also, the season is only 10 episodes, so it's going to be pretty fast paced when it comes to relationships.
    Yeah, I fully doubt that LGBT+ POC showrunner/writer Beau DeMayo would have happily added in Magneto and Rogue’s romance out of fear that the character might be seen as gay. It‘s just a way of indicating a vulnerable moment for two characters to connect. It’s classic soap writing

I think showing vulnerable and platonic male relationships is very important going forward, to attack toxic masculinity from all angles.

I just have to say after watching the first two episodes that I'm on cloud nine. It feels so surreal to be watching X-Men in 2024, almost like a dream. I feel like I'm a teenager again. It hit me harder than I thought it would...in a good way. These characters feel and act just like I remember them in the original series. I was always worried that they would be too different, but they're pretty much exactly the same but with better animations. Story is great so far and I know it's only going to get better. I'm so pumped for the rest!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They did a 1-to-1 recreation of the intro! Complete with adding new members and updating the villains to replace Thunderbird and the little guy with Emma Frost and Lady Deathstrike! And then in the second they update it with Magneto and some of the shows' greatest hits!
    I love the intro! The music sounds more crisp and the animations are fantastic. I could watch it all day. I'm glad they got rid of Thunderbird and that little alien guy. I think we only saw Thunderbird in one episode in the previous series - Slave Island. He didn't even speak.

Edit - I'm feeling the itch to get back into comics. I haven't been a regular collector since the days of the old forum. I know they're doing a miniseries that'll start next week. I'm definitely going to check it out.

I'm also feeling an itch to play some X-Men games. Maybe dust off the old PS2 and play X-Men: Legends. Or fire up the emulator and play X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse. (I have the SNES game but not sure if that system even works anymore).

It feels great to be an X-fan again!
    Last edited by Sandydandy; 03-22-2024 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    Yeah, I fully doubt that LGBT+ POC showrunner/writer Beau DeMayo would have happily added in Magneto and Rogue’s romance out of fear that the character might be seen as gay. It‘s just a way of indicating a vulnerable moment for two characters to connect. It’s classic soap writing

I think showing vulnerable and platonic male relationships is very important going forward, to attack toxic masculinity from all angles.
    Same. I think having strong male relationships that aren’t romantic are so important nowadays.

And re the show itself I’m sooooo happy. I can’t get over how good it looks, sounds, feels, etc. I’m not even violently reacting to the Rogue / Magneto romance like I have when I saw it in the books.

Spectacular Member Trapgodthanos's Avatar

Maaaan this was so good! As a cyclops stan it was such a vindicated experience watching people go "Cyclops is like that?!" on social media. I like the animation and dont see the Archer comparisons doing non sction scenes but ill 100% agree that the animation definitely skyrockets doing action scenes ( the cyclops warehouse fight was too cool). Storm, Cyclops and Magneto steal the show for me. Magento's speech at the end of episode 2 was fire, "Is this where the high road leads" gave me chills. I havent read the stories they're adapting but i have enough knowledge of x-men to know about them so its going to be interesting to actual experience them. Last thing but this show gets superhero soap opera so well i feel like i need popcorn when watching this show (Fight back Gambit!).

It was quite good if you are comparing it to Disney's terrible track record of not been able to produce superhero cartoons for adults like DC.

They could have done better with the animation. The 90s cartoon was colourful but felt dated and ugly looking compared to X-Men Evolution.

The mature themed story of the show so far does not suit the animation.

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    Look, Magneto is clearly mourning for Charles all episode, it's not even subtle. I get that we are never getting any canon confirmation, but the way they immediately have him try to hook up with Rogue to look straight is just weak.
    Did Charles will his estate to Magneto? I swore that is what happened. its hilarious. Xavier has always been shady as fck.

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

waiting for nightcrawler to show up

Got flirtatious vibes from Morph and Wolverine…