View Poll Results: Would you want to see it?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

51 83.61%
  • No

10 16.39%
Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    Same. I think having strong male relationships that aren’t romantic are so important nowadays.
    I genuinely can't think of a single strong male friendship in any recent mainstream movie or TV series from a big franchise, animated or live action, that isn't platonic. I don't ship Charles and Erik but I don't understand you, it's not like male platonic friendships are lacking in any way. Gay male relationships however...

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    Got flirtatious vibes from Morph and Wolverine…
    Now this is the ship we should be talking about.
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    I genuinely can't think of a single strong male friendship in any recent mainstream movie or TV series from a big franchise, animated or live action, that isn't platonic. I don't ship Charles and Erik but I don't understand you, it's not like male platonic friendships are lacking in any way. Gay male relationships however...
    Yes, I have already seen the argument that there is not enough platonic male friendships in media and I don't understand it either. It's the majority of friendships. Strong friendships between women are more rare outside of content aimed specifically at women and are usually less developed. Platonic relationships between straight men and women that don't turn into romantic tension could probably be counted on one or two hands.

Anyway, my comments about Charles and Magneto were half meant as tongue-in-cheek. No harm meant. I would be happy if they went there, but have no expectations. Just please, keep Magneto away from Rogue.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

That Magneto speech was amazing, I loved seeing that.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    Yes, I have already seen the argument that there is not enough platonic male friendships in media and I don't understand it either. It's the majority of friendships. Strong friendships between women are more rare outside of content aimed specifically at women and are usually less developed. Platonic relationships between straight men and women that don't turn into romantic tension could probably be counted on one or two hands.

Anyway, my comments about Charles and Magneto were half meant as tongue-in-cheek. No harm meant. I would be happy if they went there, but have no expectations. Just please, keep Magneto away from Rogue.
    I should be clear with my comment as I don't want to come off as homophobic. Take Iceman him being revealed as gay never bothered me in the comics they've been slightly hinting to it since the 90's and he never had a real lasting relationship with a woman and his parents came off as conservative, so it makes sense him being gay and in the closet. It's just Erik and Charles don't seem like the type of men who'd be in the closet in anyway if they were gay or bi IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I should be clear with my comment as I don't want to come off as homophobic. Take Iceman him being revealed as gay never bothered me in the comics they've been slightly hinting to it since the 90's and he never had a real lasting relationship with a woman and his parents came off as conservative, so it makes sense him being gay and in the closet. It's just Erik and Charles don't seem like the type of men who'd be in the closet in anyway if they were gay or bi IMO.
    Magneto totally lives his truth, which seems to include a serious flatscan kink, if Magda, Lee Forester, and Briar Raleigh are anything to go by.

Love the 3rd episode.

Some real Cronenberg imagery.

Loved the scene between Logan and Jean because it ended up being a reminder that he comes 2nd to Scott.

I hope Bishop returns as a mainstay.

Since we saw Forge, I wonder if X-Factor will pop up.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Sooooo how often have Morph and Logan frolicked in the shower before? lol

Good episode, the mind-fuckery the Goblin Queen was doing was good stuff. Had a half of a legit jump scare at the TV bit with Jubilee/Roberto.

Interesting to see where they go with Scott and Jean.

Can this be the episode/instance that gets Logan moving on finally? Like he's been Jean obsessed for YEARS, let it go my guy, let it go.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Love the 3rd episode.

Some real Cronenberg imagery.

Loved the scene between Logan and Jean because it ended up being a reminder that he comes 2nd to Scott.

I hope Bishop returns as a mainstay.

Since we saw Forge, I wonder if X-Factor will pop up.
    Yeah, that body horror stuff was fantastically done.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

This episode felt like it wanted to speedrun through all the major beats. Some things needed to room to breathe but the pace didn't let up. I didn't expect for that whole arc to be done within a single episode

Show is moving way too fast and seems sloppy at times…

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    Show is moving way too fast and seems sloppy at times…
    Agreed, while I think it was the best episode yet I had whiplash by the end lol.

Also, I know they are trying to follow the comic book storyline as closely as possible but did anyone else wish Madelyne Pryor/Jean II stuck around? A Scott/Jean/Madelyne love triangle could have been interesting. On a related note, one of my big concerns is that they'll revert to the Jean/Wolverine/Scott classic love triangle for nostalgia which will freeze out Morph. I love the subtle build of Morph/Logan and would hate to see that dynamic sidelined.
    Last edited by Celgress; 03-27-2024 at 08:38 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Spectacular Member Trapgodthanos's Avatar

Really liked the 3rd episode, the animation was great and I loved this version of Sinister. One of my favorite things this show does is cool synergy with mutants (cyclops and bishop was hype) and that's something I hope other superhero shows do more of. I might be in the minority but I love the fast pace of the show, in an era where shows are taking forever to tell the story I like how this show is like "Trial of Magneto? We'll do it in 5 minutes". One last thing but morph is the best, their such a troll lol.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Agreed, while I think it was the best episode yet I had whiplash by the end lol.

Also, I know they are trying to follow the comic book storyline as closely as possible but did anyone else wish Madelyne Pryor/Jean II stuck around? A Scott/Jean/Madelyne love triangle could have been interesting. On a related note, one of my big concerns is that they'll revert to the Jean/Wolverine/Scott classic love triangle for nostalgia which will freeze out Morph. I love the subtle build of Morph/Logan and would hate to see that dynamic sidelined.
    Morph strikes as being Logan's gay bestie than a genuine romantic option.

Ultimate Member

I liked the episode, but I think things moved a little too fast.

The set-up for Inferno and the actual storyline itself went on for about 2- 3 years and they crammed the central storyline into one episode.

All in all, I'm enjoying this series despite my initial apprehension.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post

I mean I can see why we would say it all moved rather quickly. But, I didn't mind it really. Goblin Queen introduced, Cable origin in the ether there. No reason she can't come back just like the comics. But, for a show like this we aren't stuck with Goblin Queen episodes only for 3-4 episodes. Lots of other characters and stories I am greedy for. I think the show has done well spreading the love so far. If we got 2 more Goblin Queen episodes that fair share character stuff might get strained.

I mean using her for a Limbo battle getting actual Majik would be fun too. Gimmie Havok and Maddie in another season. The groundwork and intro taken care of now just makes us greedy cause this is the best X-Men stuff we have gotten in years non comics I mean.
    Last edited by kidfresh512; 03-28-2024 at 09:23 AM.