View Poll Results: Would you want to see it?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

50 83.33%
  • No

10 16.67%
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Also, from the executive producer and head writer for the show:

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Man I don't know about this. I rewatched some of the episodes a little while ago, and my god some of that voice acting is just beyond cringe. Most of the ladies in praticular were just so bad. Jean, Storm, and especially Rouge with her horrible accent.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Man I don't know about this. I rewatched some of the episodes a little while ago, and my god some of that voice acting is just beyond cringe. Most of the ladies in praticular were just so bad. Jean, Storm, and especially Rouge with her horrible accent.
    I don’t think we have much to worry about. They’re definitely going to modernize this to appeal to current-day aesthetics and sensibilities. I totally understand your concern, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Better voice directing could improve things.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I don’t think we have much to worry about. They’re definitely going to modernize this to appeal to current-day aesthetics and sensibilities. I totally understand your concern, though.
    Yeah, I would have to imagine or hope this will feel like a modern cartoon, just set in the 90's cartoon universe and incorporating modern stuff.

If something sounds too good to be true it usually is. Current events have trained me to expect a bait and switch and an attempt to subvert my expectations.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

OP Question -

Oh, Comic Book Gods, yes I want to see it. X-Men the Animated Series is my favorite animated North American Comic Book-based TV series bar none (Young Justice is my second favorite and Spectacular Spider-Man is my third favorite).
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    If something sounds too good to be true it usually is. Current events have trained me to expect a bait and switch and an attempt to subvert my expectations.
    We should expect for the original team to die in the mission on the first episode and be replace buy a young diverse team to take their place?

Mighty Member

I get why this is a thing, but I wish it wasn’t. Hate to sound cynical, but I feel this idea is cynical. The 90’s show is fun, but it’s not “let’s revive this” level good. It’s just a cartoon adaptation from the 90’s. Personally, I’d prefer something new. Heck, I’d take a Secret Wars style crossover with this and Wolverine and the X-men and maybe some of the other cartoons they have lying around.

You can’t really go back home again, and I feel the 90’s show is over and done. It’s fun, it’s good and it’s very watchable. It’s worth revisiting but not reviving. Just my thoughts anyway.

The show was my introduction to Comics. The show made me go out and buy comics. My mom got us Pizza Hut and it came with the first 2 episodes on tape. Me and brother was hooked after that. Excited for this but also think I’d rather something more modern. I like the team but I hope they don’t try to make a retro show. Wolverine crying every other Episode and yelling a womens name is a little cringe when I watch as an adult

Would I want to see a continuation of the 90's X-Men cartoon? Does a mall babe eat chili fries?!

Actually, there are some drawbacks to this. Having done so many stories, the show has a lot of continuity and a new X-Men cartoon rather than a continuation (which I would prefer) has more opportunities to go anywhere. I mean, I loved Xavier's goodbye in the final episode, and I want that to be the last time the characters ever see him. Although maybe they will give us Cable's backstory and actually reveal his relation to Scott and Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    We all want different stuff. Heck, I'd rather get an X-Men: Evolution revival that finished off the stuff the show was canceled before it could tackle (really annoying how forgotten that cartoon is, despite having a major influence on the franchise as a whole).
    I'd prefer Wolverine and the X-Men since it had the least number of episodes, but X-Men Evolution did leave a couple threads to be picked up. I feel like X-Men TAS is the last X-Men show that needs a continuation.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    On a more serious note. How would people feel about a couple episodes with other heroes? I know in the 90s Spiderman the Xmen were on that and Captain America was on an episode of the Xmen in a flash back, or am I getting that confused with Xmen Evolution?

But would a Avengers/Xmen story be welcome? Maybe Spiderman popping up once (Could they even do that? Dont know about the rights for the cartoon appearances.)
    Both X-Men TAS and X-Men Evolution had Wolverine WWII flashback episodes where he worked with Captain America. Spider-Man only had a brief cameo on X-Men, although they showed up for a two-parter on his show and then Storm was in the Secret Wars episodes. An alternate version of the Avengers fought the X-Men during the "One Man's Worth" arc, and the X-Men and Juggernaut had cameos on the Fantastic Four cartoon.

Not sure how I'd feel about other heroes or the Avengers, but Quicksilver was on a few episodes of X-Men and Scarlet Witch was on one, so they could come back. Actually, Quicksilver appeared with X-Factor. I'd love to see the show bring back that version of X-Factor.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I'd prefer Wolverine and the X-Men since it had the least number of episodes, but X-Men Evolution did leave a couple threads to be picked up. I feel like X-Men TAS is the last X-Men show that needs a continuation.
    That's fair. Never really got into the Wolverine cartoon (can't say it was bad, but it didn't click for whatever reason), but it ending on a cliffhanger is begging for some kind of revival. While the Evolution cartoon did have some unfinished business, it at least was able to wrap up the major plot points it had set up and offer closure to the series as a whole. That one was my favorite, so my interests in a revival of that are pretty subjective.

I guess the thing with '90s cartoon is I don't really "get" why it's such a sacred cow, much less the only one that Marvel keeps alive (I mean, they had that "making of" book awhile back, a comic book continuation, and now the revival, which is more than any of the others have gotten). I will concede that I've never watched the whole thing through, but the production values and acting aren't that good. I guess you can argue that it tried to do mature storytelling, but it all falls flat when you consider that it was a contemporary of the original Batman cartoon, which did all those things better (as in having aged extremely well and still regarded as a legitimate classic).

I love stuff that's probably objectively not that "good," so I do get why it has its fans and I hope they get something that's well-made with the revival, but I guess I don't appreciate how it's overshadowed its successors that (IMHO) were better made and I question if the franchise should be getting something new that could capitalize on how the X-Men franchise has evolved in the years since the cartoon went off the air. Not sure if any of that makes sense, but there it is.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    That's fair. Never really got into the Wolverine cartoon (can't say it was bad, but it didn't click for whatever reason), but it ending on a cliffhanger is begging for some kind of revival. While the Evolution cartoon did have some unfinished business, it at least was able to wrap up the major plot points it had set up and offer closure to the series as a whole. That one was my favorite, so my interests in a revival of that are pretty subjective.

I guess the thing with '90s cartoon is I don't really "get" why it's such a sacred cow, much less the only one that Marvel keeps alive (I mean, they had that "making of" book awhile back, a comic book continuation, and now the revival, which is more than any of the others have gotten). I will concede that I've never watched the whole thing through, but the production values and acting aren't that good. I guess you can argue that it tried to do mature storytelling, but it all falls flat when you consider that it was a contemporary of the original Batman cartoon, which did all those things better (as in having aged extremely well and still regarded as a legitimate classic).

I love stuff that's probably objectively not that "good," so I do get why it has its fans and I hope they get something that's well-made with the revival, but I guess I don't appreciate how it's overshadowed its successors that (IMHO) were better made and I question if the franchise should be getting something new that could capitalize on how the X-Men franchise has evolved in the years since the cartoon went off the air. Not sure if any of that makes sense, but there it is.
    I think in the case of X-Men: TAS it was impactful for several reasons:

- Trying to go for a more darker and grittier comic book adaption compared to some of its contemporaries.

- More long-form serialized storytelling that built up to and adapted some of the biggest comic sagas of the time (DoFP, Phoenix Saga, Apocalypse, Phalanx Covenant etc.)

- Mature themes like racism, religion, hope and heroism in a brutal and embittered role.

- Relatively faithfully adapting the X-Men comics at the time.

- Whatever your opinions of the voice acting, a lot of the character portrayals and voices set a standard for those characters, particularly Cal Dodd as Wolverine.

- The memes.

I feel like the revival will still reflect how the franchise has grown and evolved since the show ended because there wouldn't be much story to tell otherwise.