View Poll Results: Would you want to see it?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

51 83.61%
  • No

10 16.39%
Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    I am so hyped for this one. I loved the old series and while Evolution and Wolverine and the X-Men were decent, they did not reach the same level, IMO. And it's been long since we had any X-Men cartoon. Bring it on!

I might be, if those stopped being so relevant. Sadly, that is not the case yet so we need stories like that on TV.

I feel the same way about the subsequent shows not being as good. I'm very excited about this!

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    They're really leaning hard into the nostalgia vibe .

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

May just be a rumor.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 03-12-2024 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post

May just be a rumor.
    Not a rumor it's been fully confirmed by Disney- and his entire digital footprint has been erased.
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

WTF did he do!?

Kill a puppy??
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

He erased his digital footprint? Or Disney did? Because one makes some sense while the other is how does Disney make you erase your digital footprint?

But what caused this needs to be explained or it is going to look pretty bad for both parties since he apparently had finished work on the first two seasons of the show.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

I heard it had something to do with his personal conduct online.

Either liking explicit material on Twitter through his Disney account, or having an OnlyFans page. Not sure which one is accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandydandy View Post
    I heard it had something to do with his personal conduct online.

Either liking explicit material on Twitter through his Disney account, or having an OnlyFans page. Not sure which one is accurate.
    Both seem like pretty ridiculous reasons to fire someone and for that person to erase their entire online presence.
    They/Them

Something about Disney and OnlyFans in the same sentence made me laugh though...

The Hollywood Reporter’s article on the firing mentioned he “once maintained” a non-explicit OnlyFans page.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

With just two episodes out X-men 97 nails the feeling and theme of X-men. The show nails the characters personalities.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

I thought the 1st 2 episodes were fantastic. Heavily leaning into the mid 80's storylines of the X-Men which I like. Also, as a Cyclops fan this show is a joy to watch.

I was a little concerned about Cal Dodds voice after the trailer, but he was fantastic. All the new actors did a great job sounding like the former actors. Lenore Zann, Alison Sealy-Smith, and George Buza all sounded great. IMO the best 1st two episodes of any X-Men series even the original X-Men the Animated Series which didn't hit its real stride till season 2 again IMO. Can't wait for the next episode.

I liked those first two episodes a lot. That moment in episode 2 with Magneto was really well done. I feel like I know where this arc with Storm is going and it has me really excited. And that Jean reveal! Crazy that it's been so long since we had an animated X-Men show airing.
    They/Them

The best thing I can say about this show is that it feels like not just a sequel to the original show, carrying on the storylines, character arcs, story conventions, and overall message of the original X-Men: The Animated Series but it's also very much a revival, featuring modern animation/writing, topical story beats, and amazing action animation. After so many years without an X-Men cartoon, it's a strong return to form for both Marvel Animation and the X-Men as a brand.

But seriously, the action is phenomenal! I mean, Cyclops was straight up dancing with his visor against those Friends of Humanity thugs!

They did a 1-to-1 recreation of the intro! Complete with adding new members and updating the villains to replace Thunderbird and the little guy with Emma Frost and Lady Deathstrike! And then in the second they update it with Magneto and some of the shows' greatest hits!

I love how the Sentinel Tech is just Mega Busters.

The only thing I missed more than Storm's speechifying is Rogue's Southern Charm and metaphors.

Roberto was pretty on-point characterization wise with being a smug, cocky, and carefree rich kid with plenty of charisma. I was kind of expecting he'd stick around the Mansion starting from the premier, but it looks like they're going to work up to him joining up. Makes me wonder what'll make him come back.

Also he and Jubilee were pretty cute together. Not sure if they plan on exploring that (would pairing the two "kids" up be a little on the nose?) but I look forward to seeing them share scenes together again.

Man it really does the heart good seeing a classic and truly jovial and compassionate version of Beast again.

Is there any better entrance to the X-Men than being greeted by Beast in his lab, getting your first Danger Room session, and nearly getting killed by Wolverine?

Scott considering stepping down from the X-Men to be with his wife and their child? Where have I seen this before? Only the wife wasn't actually Jean...which might be the biggest tell.

Logan is still Logan, only now he can swear! Seriously, it's like they knew Wolverine had to be their one character who could swear.

I like how the shows' set up Val Cooper. She's the X-Men's UN contact and an old friend of Xavier's (so kind of like Moira in that sense) and she seems pretty respectable and law-abiding...she's just held back by being a human in an X-Men cartoon. All the same, I respect any woman who treadmills in a leotard.

Like we needed an excuse to have Gambit take his shirt off.

Gyrich may be as slimy and anti-Mutant as ever but honestly it was still kind of reassuring seeing him again.

Morph's main role in the show seems to be comedy relief, riling up and being a sounding board for Logan, and featuring even more cameos. We've got Professor X! Archangel! Blob! Sabertooth! Lady Deathstrike! Colossus (with his classic uniform that he never actually wore in the show! Psylocke with twin katana's!!

Bishop kind of feels just...there. Like looking cool and talking about the future...which I guess is Bishop's thing, but it doesn't really help him stand out, as cool as it is to have him on the team here. He lacks a certain gravitas that he had in the original show.

I just love Bolivar Trask having a Master Mold in his back pocket.

As awesome as it was watching Storm flex her Omega-level Mutant muscle against the Sentinels, it was obviously set up for her losing her powers, which was handled as appropriately dramatic and life-shattering as possible. I wonder if she's going to find Forge to help her get her powers back? Too bad she left before she got to see her sisters' double though.

I can't think it wasn't in the back of the writers' mind having a radical group storming a government building...this show is as topical as ever.

Jennifer Hale voicing that redheaded firefighter almost made me think THAT was actually Madelyn Pryor.

Magneto, Mutant Superhero! Saving Mutants and humans alike and practicing non-lethal practices! Though you gotta love how he says "coexistence" like he's pulling teeth.

Not even a VA change could prevent Magneto from being the most poetic, complex, and philosophical character in the whole show.

Honestly, why weren't the X-Men trying to send more Mutants to Genosha? Good for the Morlocks though.

I...really was not expecting to see the Rogue and Magneto ship appear in this show. Especially when things seem to be going well for Rogue and Gambit. Though maybe it's more than it looks and it isn't romance like Remy's assuming it is? I get the sense that Erik is using his powers to give himself a kind of coating that lets Rogue touch something.

Wolverine taking Jean to the hospital to give birth totally felt like something we would have seen in the original show, especially with his crazy driving skills and a telekinetic in labor.

The doctor not willing to work on a Mutant Baby wasn't surprising but I found Rogue absorbing his doctor skills to deliver a baby funnier than I think it was intended to be.

It is an interesting conundrum, Magneto has committed numerous crimes and hurt innocent, but is that not matched by humanity's own obsession with exterminating Mutants? Especially if Magneto is willing to work with the X-Men and more or less adopt their methods...though I really thought he was going to give up and break bad after what happened to Storm, but he just wanted to make his point as clear as possible...and basically threaten them into exonerating him. But at least he was honest about it.

X-Cutioner being voiced by the original Cable was kind of neat, though whole time I kept thinking of him as Cable as a result. Guess you can change the guys' character but not change his love of firing big guns.

They just HAD to end on the other Jean showing up at the Mansion...so, bets on which Jean is the clone? I mean, for the most drama, it would be the new Jean being the REAL Jean and Scott married and fathered a child with a clone (like in the comics), though it feels like they've gotten us a feel for THIS Jean enough that the new Jean might be the clone designed to throw everybody off and cause drama just from people doubting the real Jean. I could see it go either way.