View Poll Results: Would you want to see it?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

50 83.33%
  • No

10 16.67%
Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast

Default X-Men '97: The Animated Series (Disney+)

The 1990s “X-Men: The Animated Series” is getting a revival on Disney+ with a premiere sometime 2023, TheWrap has exclusively learned.

Currently called “X-Men ’97,” the revival will pick up where the classic show left off, with several cast members from “X-Men: The Animated Series” are returning; some will reprise their original roles and others will step into entirely new roles.

Returning cast members include: Cal Dodd, Lenore Zann, George Buza, Adrian Hough, Christopher Britton, Catherine Disher, Chris Potter, Alison Sealy-Smith, Alyson Court.

“X-Men ‘97” is also welcoming a number of new voices to the cast, including Jennifer Hale, Anniwaa Buachie, Ray Chase, Matthew Waterson, JP Karliak, Holly Chou, Jeff Bennett, AJ LoCascio.

Head writer and executive producer on the series is Beau DeMayo. Supervising director is Jake Castorena and supervising producer is Charley Feldman.

Consulting on the new series are “X-Men: The Animated Series” writers Eric and Julia Lewald, and director Larry Houston.

The original “X-Men: The Animated Series” consisted of 76 episodes that aired across fives seasons between 1992 and 1997. It is currently available on Disney+. The animated series is credited for introducing the Marvel comic team to a mainstream audience, which arguably helped set it up for its 2000 live-action film. That film, starring Patrick Stewart and a then-unknown Hugh Jackman, started the early days of the superhero boom.

Houston first spoke about a possible revival in a 2019 report in The Hollywood Reporter, which said that the creative team was putting together a pitch to continue where the series left off.

https://www.thewrap.com/x-men-97-199...d-series-2023/

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Very curious as to the animation style because the waning seasons of the show....man that animation was traaaaaaaaaash
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

This was shown during the announcement. Everyone looks the same except for Jean, whose costume has been slightly tweaked.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Can the Krakoa X-Men get a cartoon instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Can the Krakoa X-Men get a cartoon instead?
    As I’ve shared elsewhere, I have a feeling the 90s animated series is being used as a selling and jumping off point. I wouldn’t be surprised if they fast forward to the present or alter reality to fit the present day by the end of the first season.

Also…

omfg. The executive producer of this new show just tweeted this…

https://mobile.twitter.com/beau_dema...30146729111553

We might be getting something more similar to this...

Astonishing Member

I will be happy with it if they modernize it with the characters being more comic relevant. I want Jean to actually be powerful and strong this time not the damsel in distress.

Although Cyclops will have to yell his obligatory "JEAN"

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    As I’ve shared elsewhere, I have a feeling the 90s animated series is being used as a selling and jumping off point. I wouldn’t be surprised if they fast forward to the present or alter reality to fit the present day by the end of the first season.
    I hate this obsession with teasing the past before subverting it so the writers can do something entirely different. It nearly backfired with He Man and I think Marvel won't want their own version of that. Just do like the X-Men '92 comic did and start by telling stories that reflect the period and versions of those characters alongside adaptions of stories from the comics that have occurred since. Doing present day and changes to the X-Men is what the MCU will eventually do with them after all.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    I will be happy with it if they modernize it with the characters being more comic relevant. I want Jean to actually be powerful and strong this time not the damsel in distress.

Although Cyclops will have to yell his obligatory "JEAN"
    If we don't get "Fainting Jean" then it's not really X-Men:TAS. My hope is that she faints from the strain once an episode at least.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    If we don't get "Fainting Jean" then it's not really X-Men:TAS. My hope is that she faints from the strain once an episode at least.
    Storm better have some epic soliloquies for conjuring the winds and rains or I aint watching.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Storm better have some epic soliloquies for conjuring the winds and rains or I aint watching.
    OMG, yes. If they tone her down, I'm done.

All the tropes need to remain, otherwise, just make a new series and leave the classic alone.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

I need an Executioner's Song adaptation or some kind of crossover 2 parter with the other X-Teams, especially the OG X-Force.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Any word on if Gambit will drop Cards puns as he attacks?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Fantastic Member

Hopefully they will take a slower approach and not try and just burn through 30 years of stories in 1 Season.

My hope is that we start with Bastion and end with Onslaught with Magneto's redemption being the key running plot point

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nods View Post
    Hopefully they will take a slower approach and not try and just burn through 30 years of stories in 1 Season.

My hope is that we start with Bastion and end with Onslaught with Magneto's redemption being the key running plot point
    Exactly.

I hope that since it's on Disney Plus they take their time with it.