View Poll Results: Would you want to see it?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

51 83.61%
  • No

10 16.39%
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    They were stupid lol nobody talks like that unless they're an out of work poet from the 16th century.
    Remember some of those episodes were adapted from the comics and the show came around the time tv standards had rules in what could be said.

It definitely shows its age and could be a tad overdramatic but I think it's style, bold storytelling, and colorful depiction if it's cast is part of why it stood the test of time.

Quote Originally Posted by frontier View Post
    it definitely shows its age and could be a tad overdramatic but i think it's style, bold storytelling, and colorful depiction if it's cast is part of why it stood the test of time.
    jjjjjeeeeeeaaaannnnn!!!!!!!!!!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Invincible Member

I think some of the issues with the dialogue from the old show probably stem from them trying to adhere to the melodramatic nature of the comics, but at the same time making it easily understood by younger kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    something is definitely up that the have Catherine Disher as Jean in the intro even though Jennifer Hale is voicing her in the series
    Me thinks Maddy is shortly incoming!

I never even thought of that Wolverine and Gambit attack. Like if anything could withstand Gambit's power, it would be Wolverine's Adamantium Claws.
    Nor did I, makes for a sick mutant circuit though!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    jjjjjeeeeeeaaaannnnn!!!!!!!!!!
    Ha! Yeah. Not overdramatic in the least lol
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

The original X-Men TAS is better enjoyed at a slower speed, like 0.75 or 0.80
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Because of Fox Broadcast Standards at the time due in large part thanks to Batman the Animated Series it's funny how often X-Men and Spider-Man the Animated Series said "Destroy or Destroyed" because they couldn't say words like Death, Kill, or Murder.
    I'm pretty sure I heard "die" and "kill" once or twice in the original series. But yeah "destroy" seemed to be the go-to word for villains.

Man, that intro with the final episode of the original series hits me in the feels.

(Also something is definitely up that the have Catherine Disher as Jean in the intro even though Jennifer Hale is voicing her in the series)

The animation definitely looks like it's trying for a stylized CG approach that blends 3D with old school 2D animation in the same vein as the original show. It looks kind of stiff outside action scenes a little.

Ray Chase does a surprisingly good job of emulating Norm Spencer. Cal Dodd sounds so different though...Lenore Zann hasn't missed a beat though !

I never even thought of that Wolverine and Gambit attack. Like if anything could withstand Gambit's power, it would be Wolverine's Adamantium Claws .

Looks like Magneto approaches the UN for leniency to make himself become more legitimate before taking over the Xavier school.

Pregnant Jean in that outfit .
    To be expected...he hasn't voiced the character in 25/27 years, people's voices generally become more gravelly as they age. See Al Pacino.

I am curious how Jubilee will sound. I know the original voice actress, Alyson Court, willingly gave up the role in favor of an Asian voice actress. This is fine and everything...a little bizarre seeing as how it's a voice role, and you can't see the ethnicity of the actor/actress, but whatever. I do hope Jubilee still has an American accent, as it'll make no sense for her to suddenly have an Asian accent.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I have to say, I agree. While most of the plots of the episodes were great (I mean, they were pulled straight from Claremont issues after all), much of the dialogue was atrocious. The animation always came off more than a bit clumsy when you compared it to concurrent shows like BTAS.
    Yeah, I respect the show for how much it means to so many people and how influential it is, but I don’t think it’s held up that well, and I much prefer Evolution.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Yeah, I respect the show for how much it means to so many people and how influential it is, but I don’t think it’s held up that well, and I much prefer Evolution.
    I liked X-Men: Evolution too. My only knock is that it was a bit too kiddie compared to TAS. But I definitely loved how they built up Apocalypse over a couple of seasons, and his actual depiction was excellent compared to other media, including TAS.

I remember when he was brought into the X-Men/Street Fighter crossover games, and he looked so overwhelmingly awesome...but at the same time he was a total pushover. People would chuckle at you in the arcade if you actually lost to Apocalypse, because he was soooo easy to beat. The running joke at the time in fighter game circles was that he was sort of like the car in the original Street Fighter games, except he fought back, sort of.

I hope Apocalypse makes an appearance in X-Men '97. I remember they did bring him back in the "Fifth Horseman" episode.

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    The original X-Men TAS is better enjoyed at a slower speed, like 0.75 or 0.80
    Fun fact. Like all US shows of the time it ran even faster in Europe because of the 60hz framerate of broadcast TV. I still believe Americans have high-pitched chipmunk voices.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandydandy View Post
    To be expected...he hasn't voiced the character in 25/27 years, people's voices generally become more gravelly as they age. See Al Pacino.

I am curious how Jubilee will sound. I know the original voice actress, Alyson Court, willingly gave up the role in favor of an Asian voice actress. This is fine and everything...a little bizarre seeing as how it's a voice role, and you can't see the ethnicity of the actor/actress, but whatever. I do hope Jubilee still has an American accent, as it'll make no sense for her to suddenly have an Asian accent.
    Alyson is playing Abyssia, Jubilee's evil Mojo clone.

Alyson is playing Abyssia, Jubilee's evil Mojo clone.
    *Abscissa

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    *Abscissa

/10char
    Thank you .

Quote Originally Posted by Sandydandy View Post
    I'm pretty sure I heard "die" and "kill" once or twice in the original series. But yeah "destroy" seemed to be the go-to word for villains.

New actress seems like a good fit, considering she's a California native like Jubes.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me