View Poll Results: Would you want to see it?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

51 83.61%
  • No

10 16.39%
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    If we don't get "Fainting Jean" then it's not really X-Men:TAS. My hope is that she faints from the strain once an episode at least.
    Yeah, no. Besides, the new executive producer is a big Jean fan. In addition to the picture of his tattoo he tweeted, he followed me - a Jean fan account - on Twitter after I demanded that he do Jean justice this go around, so I don't think he's going to have her fainting every episode, if at all.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    I need an Executioner's Song adaptation or some kind of crossover 2 parter with the other X-Teams, especially the OG X-Force.
    Yes please! I loved that arc.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Can the Krakoa X-Men get a cartoon instead?
    I personally hope not, because I find this Krakoa era kind of dull. But mileage will vary.

I'm looking forward to it with my fingers crossed. I think it'll provide a good starting point for a new X-Men series. One that doesn't require them to adapt "Days of Future Past" or "Dark Phoenix Saga" again. I'm hoping Jubilee has a good part in the show that doesn't involve her crying, getting captured or getting left behind a lot like in the early episodes of the show. I do see some hesitation from people and accusations of "relying too much on nostalgia" or the show being "too safe". But the original show wasn't "safe" at least in the time it was created. And let's be honest, some degree of nostalgia will always influence X-Men productions. How many X-Men projects have went back to the Claremont/Byrne nostalgia well?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    I personally hope not, because I find this Krakoa era kind of dull. But mileage will vary.

I'm looking forward to it with my fingers crossed. I think it'll provide a good starting point for a new X-Men series. One that doesn't require them to adapt "Days of Future Past" or "Dark Phoenix Saga" again. I'm hoping Jubilee has a good part in the show that doesn't involve her crying, getting captured or getting left behind a lot like in the early episodes of the show. I do see some hesitation from people and accusations of "relying too much on nostalgia" or the show being "too safe". But the original show wasn't "safe" at least in the time it was created. And let's be honest, some degree of nostalgia will always influence X-Men productions. How many X-Men projects have went back to the Claremont/Byrne nostalgia well?
    You know...THIS is a good point... These stories are like Death of Superman tier in how often they get adapted... This series may be more interesting in the fact that they don't have to cross that bridge again.

Amelia Vidal - Character Designer for "What If...?" - has announced on Instagram that she is the LEAD CHARACTER DESIGNER FOR THIS SHOW!!!!!

Jerry Gaylord is also working on the series! Here is one of his pieces:

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Jerry Gaylord is also working on the series! Here is one of his pieces:

I would hate to watch a show done in this style.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I would hate to watch a show done in this style.
    I don’t think it’ll be as extreme as Jerry’s work. At least we know they’re hiring fresh, innovative, cutting edge artists for this.

Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

We might be getting something more similar to this...

Yes, please! This looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Can the Krakoa X-Men get a cartoon instead?
    We all want different stuff. Heck, I'd rather get an X-Men: Evolution revival that finished off the stuff the show was canceled before it could tackle (really annoying how forgotten that cartoon is, despite having a major influence on the franchise as a whole).

Seen bits and pieces of the '90s X-Men show and it's very much not for me. Still, I hope the revival does it justice for those who loved it back in the day.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

As I’ve shared elsewhere, I have a feeling the 90s animated series is being used as a selling and jumping off point. I wouldn’t be surprised if they fast forward to the present or alter reality to fit the present day by the end of the first season.

Also…

omfg. The executive producer of this new show just tweeted this…

https://mobile.twitter.com/beau_dema...30146729111553

Not sure if it's just me but it almost seems to be floating above his skin. The Phoenix symbol's edges look great but the inner proportions of the female, be it Jean or Rachel, isn't right. The coloring is amazing! I'd be happy with this.

It's almost hard to believe after all those rumors that they're actually legitimately making a sequel to the 90's show and it's the first X-Men cartoon in literally a decade .

Personally I would have been fine with a fresh new cartoon, but I'm eager to see how they approach reviving the 90's show with the slew of X-Men content that has come out in the interim between the show's original ending and this new series, as well as all the new characters and stories they can now adapt with modern animation and writing sensibilities .

And dang it, it'll be good to hear Cal Dodd as Wolverine again .

Although they say some of the OG!'s might be playing new characters instead of reprising, so I'm kind of wondering what the balance will be...

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Yeah, no. Besides, the new executive producer is a big Jean fan. In addition to the picture of his tattoo he tweeted, he followed me - a Jean fan account - on Twitter after I demanded that he do Jean justice this go around, so I don't think he's going to have her fainting every episode, if at all.
    Then it’s not X-Men:TAS. It’s a new X cartoon, which is fine, but they shouldn’t pretend it’s related to it if they don’t maintain the tropes.