View Poll Results: Would you want to see it?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

50 83.33%
  • No

10 16.67%
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Then it’s not X-Men:TAS. It’s a new X cartoon, which is fine, but they shouldn’t pretend it’s related to it if they don’t maintain the tropes.

Characters can grow and evolve, saying that Jean has to be completely useless in this sequel series, even if her comic counterpart is more formidable is being devoted to aspects of the old show that didn't work, instead of trying to improve on the old show.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's almost hard to believe after all those rumors that they're actually legitimately making a sequel to the 90's show and it's the first X-Men cartoon in literally a decade .

Personally I would have been fine with a fresh new cartoon, but I'm eager to see how they approach reviving the 90's show with the slew of X-Men content that has come out in the interim between the show's original ending and this new series, as well as all the new characters and stories they can now adapt with modern animation and writing sensibilities .

And dang it, it'll be good to hear Cal Dodd as Wolverine again .

Although they say some of the OG!'s might be playing new characters instead of reprising, so I'm kind of wondering what the balance will be...

I think of the surviving voice cast, only Jubilee will be recast, Alyson Court herself says that they should hire an Asian voice actor to play her:

https://twitter.com/Neoxon619/status...229440/photo/1
    Last edited by The Overlord; 11-12-2021 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    I think of the surviving voice cast, only Jubilee will be recast, Alyson Court herself says that they should hire an Asian voice actor to play her:

Which totally makes sense.

Why is Disney trying to revive a cartoon from the 1990s. Disney must be desperate to make us forget the turd of Eternals. Announcing a new X-Men Cartoon that is already old seems to be doing just that.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Storm better have some epic soliloquies for conjuring the winds and rains or I aint watching.
    I will meet you...AT THE MONORAIL!!!
    Dark does not mean deep.

Characters can grow and evolve, saying that Jean has to be completely useless in this sequel series, even if her comic counterpart is more formidable is being devoted to aspects of the old show that didn't work, instead of trying to improve on the old show.

Hopefully they use her in some other capacity.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Default What if X-Men 97 did a multiverse crossover between the three X-Men series?

The original animated series is responsible for me reading comics, so it will always have a special place in my heart. It's been too long since X-men had an animated series, so this is great news. I would have been just as fine with a completely new series, something like Wolverine and the X-men, but this is also great, as I loved this composition of the team.

Fantastic Member

This is great news!!! I hope this time around they utilize other X-Men characters instead of the ones we already know. I want to see Stryfe, Krakoa, Kulan Gath, Gateway, Selene, Crimson Commando, Mutant Liberation Front, Fernis, The Living Monolith and others.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Hopefully they use her in some other capacity.
    Apparently she is involved with this show

https://twitter.com/alysontheother/s...58197873676293

Improve on the character designs. Dramatically.

Have more adult styled writing and topics.

Don't just try to have a version of modern storylines.

Incorporate more of the "rarely seen" characters like Colossus, Nightcrawler, Iceman, or never seen folks like Firestar.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Incorporate more of the "rarely seen" characters like Colossus, Nightcrawler, Iceman, or never seen folks like Firestar.
    I wouldnt be upset if they had an Eye Scream Cameo thrown in

On a more serious note. How would people feel about a couple episodes with other heroes? I know in the 90s Spiderman the Xmen were on that and Captain America was on an episode of the Xmen in a flash back, or am I getting that confused with Xmen Evolution?

But would a Avengers/Xmen story be welcome? Maybe Spiderman popping up once (Could they even do that? Dont know about the rights for the cartoon appearances.)
    Last edited by babyblob; 11-13-2021 at 10:01 AM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member

Apparently she is involved with this show

https://twitter.com/alysontheother/s...58197873676293
    I kind of hope they cast her as Kitty Pryde for a guest appearance. Or maybe swing the other way and go from having her cast as one of the youngest characters to one of the oldest: cast her as Destiny. Or maybe Selene.

This isn't even really a new thing for this show. The original series recast Storm after the first episode because they realized it would be better to have a woman of color in the role. They probably should have recast Jubilee at the same time, but her role has a tendency of flying under the radar. Also, I think they were under the gun to get things cast and recorded, so they were just like "Just call the woman we worked with on Beetlejuice!"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I wouldnt be upset if they had an Eye Scream Cameo thrown in

On a more serious note. How would people feel about a couple episodes with other heroes? I know in the 90s Spiderman the Xmen were on that and Captain America was on an episode of the Xmen in a flash back, or am I getting that confused with Xmen Evolution?

But would a Avengers/Xmen story be welcome? Maybe Spiderman popping up once (Could they even do that? Dont know about the rights for the cartoon appearances.)
    There are so many mutants to service that never get any media attention. I would rather they focus on mutants honestly. Other MCU heroes have had cartoons and movies recently.

Extraordinary Member

X-Men The Animated Series is a weird choice to bring back. It's not a timeless classic like BTAS. It's horribly dated, and it was pretty dated even in the 90s thanks to shows with better animation and writing like BTAS and Gargolyes. Some of its cast, like Jubilee and especially Gambit, are too stuck in the 90s to work now like they did 30 years ago.

More sketches from the show’s Lead Character Designer Amelia Vidal: