Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    'SPIDER-MAN: FRESHMAN YEAR' has officially been renamed to 'FRIENDLY NEIGHBORHOOD SPIDER-MAN'.

#FriendlyNeighborhoodSpiderMan is slated for a 2024 release, this was announced at the #WhatIf Season 2 Premiere event!
    https://twitter.com/CineGeekNews/sta...22538787180801
    So all we're missing is an "Amazing Spider-Man" cartoon or a "Web of Spider-Man" cartoon and we'll have all the classic titles attached to a Spider-Man show.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So all we're missing is an "Amazing Spider-Man" cartoon or a "Web of Spider-Man" cartoon and we'll have all the classic titles attached to a Spider-Man show.
    I think they might still be missing Sensational Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I think they might still be missing Sensational Spider-Man.
    Spider-Man: Unlimited is at least taken .

(I was always planning to use Sensational as the title of my Spidey show...)

Spectacular Member 9AlphaOmega1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    Given those circumstances... isn't it the perfect time to greenlight a show that's an adaptation of the comics like TAS and Spectacular were, but with an older Peter this time.
    All I want from TAS is one season just to wrap up all the loose plot points and Peter finding Mary-Jane. Spectacular I need to make time to watch it.

I am for older Spider-Man in the MC2 universe he and his daughter Spider-Girl have similar relationship to Batman Beyond. But the high school Spider-Man is unfortunately is gold, that how you make lifetime fan of Spider-Man and keep the status quote.

Mighty Member

I agree! And keep de-aging people. Who asked for a teenage Tombstone?
    I have a feeling that the ONLY reason Norman has yet to be de-aged is because Harry exists. Interestingly Spectacular Spider-Man started the trend of adapting Peter as a teenager to reflect on original comics, however it kept all of his villains as adults. Even the ones who were de-aged were legal adults who were still around Peter’s age in comics anyway. Molten Man was the only one who went to school with him and only did so because he missed a year while being locked up. Now we are de-aging folks who are DECADES older than Peter.

At this point, yeah this seems to be a sunk cost show. I’m curious if they’ll quietly release it and not really say anything about it. The most successful Spidey show was Disney’s Ultimate (I didn’t care for it, but I won’t deny that it has the most successful and longest run) and even that can’t be rerun due to its casting.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    I have a feeling that the ONLY reason Norman has yet to be de-aged is because Harry exists. Interestingly Spectacular Spider-Man started the trend of adapting Peter as a teenager to reflect on original comics, however it kept all of his villains as adults. Even the ones who were de-aged were legal adults who were still around Peter’s age in comics anyway. Molten Man was the only one who went to school with him and only did so because he missed a year while being locked up. Now we are de-aging folks who are DECADES older than Peter.

At this point, yeah this seems to be a sunk cost show. I’m curious if they’ll quietly release it and not really say anything about it. The most successful Spidey show was Disney’s Ultimate (I didn’t care for it, but I won’t deny that it has the most successful and longest run) and even that can’t be rerun due to its casting.
    And making Tombstone a teenage means you can't adapt his daughter.

Mighty Member

And making Tombstone a teenage means you can't adapt his daughter.
    Wait...you know...that definitely makes me wonder if the Bugle characters will get any action, especially since Robbie is important to Tombstone (They didn't make it that far in Spec unfortunately, but Greg said that relationship would be expanded on after the Big Man lost his position). Maybe they'll just pass that relationship to Randy? Even JJJ didn't really interact with Spider-Man too much in the last two animated series did he?

I'm surprised Amazing has never been used, considering it's the main comic's title. Yet there's been four adjectiveless Spider-Man shows (the 60s one, the 80s one that had Amazing Friends as a sequel, the 90s one, and the last one that had Miles, Gwen and Anya in it).

The American live action show from the 70s is the only time the name The Amazing Spider-Man has been used on TV.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    Wait...you know...that definitely makes me wonder if the Bugle characters will get any action, especially since Robbie is important to Tombstone (They didn't make it that far in Spec unfortunately, but Greg said that relationship would be expanded on after the Big Man lost his position). Maybe they'll just pass that relationship to Randy? Even JJJ didn't really interact with Spider-Man too much in the last two animated series did he?
    In Ultimate he was just a face on a TV screen 99% of the time. They closest he came to interacting with Spidey was in one episode.

He got more to do in season 2 of the 2017 show but they kind of forgot about him (like a lot of characters).

Since this show is MCU adjacent and Spectacular was mentioned, I feel the need to talk about how the opening episode introduced 22 characters counting Spidey without feeling lost or crammed, and Eternals struggled with less than half that cast for 2hrs 20 mins flick.

Deaging Mark Raxton kinda made sense in that show, de-aging villains like Tombstone.......

Who to de-age next? Jonah Jameson in his early 20s as a young reporter.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Since this show is MCU adjacent and Spectacular was mentioned, I feel the need to talk about how the opening episode introduced 22 characters counting Spidey without feeling lost or crammed, and Eternals struggled with less than half that cast for 2hrs 20 mins flick.

Deaging Mark Raxton kinda made sense in that show, de-aging villains like Tombstone.......

Who to de-age next? Jonah Jameson in his early 20s as a young reporter.
    Eternals would've been better as a series than a movie.

This will be Spidey's second animated show this decade, and a third show coming this way is possible. Assuming this lasts less than 4 seasons.
    Eternals would've been better as a series than a movie.
    That's the common belief. Me.. I think the runtime works, but they needed to scrap and start writing from scratch.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    This will be Spidey's second animated show this decade, and a third show coming this way is possible. Assuming this lasts less than 4 seasons.

That's the common belief. Me.. I think the runtime works, but they needed to scrap and start writing from scratch.
    Agreed. If you have a movie with that runtime and you fail to make any character interesting, the writing is at fault. Obviously, you don't have enough time to flesh everybody out fully, but they didn't make me care to know more about any of them. Plenty of ensemble movies are able to get you engaged with the characters on even a superficial level and this movie failed at that.

I always point to Aliens or the Untouchables. Big casts, tons of characters and everybody has a distinct personality and great moments or bits of dialogue. You care when one of them dies, even with limited screentime.

The Eternals? The last thing I thought was "I wish this was a TV show so I can waste even more time with these dull characters."

I just look at it that I feel like the comics issue-by-issue did a better job of getting you invested in the story.

Although if this were the old Marvel Animation I could totally have imagined them forcing the Eternals into all their cartoons like they did the Inhumans.

BANNED

I just look at it that I feel like the comics issue-by-issue did a better job of getting you invested in the story.

Although if this were the old Marvel Animation I could totally have imagined them forcing the Eternals into all their cartoons like they did the Inhumans.
    Maybe so, but the Marvel TV shows, with rare exception, have been pretty mediocre and bland, so I can't fathom it would have been as good as the comics were at times. They managed to make Moon Knight boring as hell, so I doubt they'd have sold anyone on the Eternals.