Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Meh. I'd be more interested in an Into the Spider-verse spin-off.

At the very least, I hope this show just retcons MCU's MJ into being Mary Jane.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Wrong, wrong and wrong. A point I made before was the success of Into The Spider Verse. That film proved that Miles can be successful. The fact he is not in the MCU is irrelevant to Miles level of success. If Disney wanted him there he would be just like Spidey and his Amazing Friends.
    Spidey and his Amazing Friends is a self-contained show for pre-school children. The TV shows and movies of the Marvel Cinematic Universe are interconnected. They have to be more careful and considerate about how and when they introduce new characters into the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Miles Morales Spider-Man is a big character, Marvel Studios would almost certainly want the MCU version to be introduced in a live action movie. I can't imagine Sony would be happy with the MCU Miles Morales Spider-Man being introduced in a Disney Plus cartoon, rather than a movie that they can make big money off of.

Fortunately, Spider-Man: Homecoming and Spider-Man: Far From Home were critical and commercial successes, so making a show about that version of Spider-Man isn't a huge gamble.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    As far as Spidey and his Amazing Friends who owns it? Disney. Who owns Disney Plus? Disney? Who owns Marvel Studios? Disney and who owns Marvel Comics? Disney. Freshman might end up as a financial success ( that remains to be seen), but my prediction is another creative failure. Maybe not on an OMD level, but as another lame brain dead concept like Ben fighting multiple villains like Peter did earlier this year.
    Irrelevant. Disney is a large conglomerate. Disney executives aren't micro-managing individual issues of Amazing Spider-Man. The staff editors and freelance creative teams making Spider-Man comics for Marvel Comics are completely separate from the Marvel Studios staff and creative team making Spider-Man: Freshman Year. You might as well complain that a new Lay's chip flavour will suck and fail because you don't like Diet Pepsi.

When you predict a creative failure, are you talking about critical and audience response, or your individual tastes?

Was Spectacular basically lightning in a bottle as far as Spider-Man cartoons go? Because it feels like it at this point.

We probably won't get another Avengers cartoon like EMH ever again. Maybe a mini-series showing the MCU Avengers in-between movies but there's only so much you can do even with that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Was Spectacular basically lightning in a bottle as far as Spider-Man cartoons go? Because it feels like it at this point.
    Probably.

We probably won't get another Avengers cartoon like EMH ever again. Maybe a mini-series showing the MCU Avengers in-between movies but there's only so much you can do even with that.
    Maybe someday we can get an EMH'2017 or something like the Fox X-Men series are getting.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Maybe someday we can get an EMH'2017 or something like the Fox X-Men series are getting.
    Probably a few decades from now .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tiger View Post
    Meh. I'd be more interested in an Into the Spider-verse spin-off.

At the very least, I hope this show just retcons MCU's MJ into being Mary Jane.
    MCU MJ was always MJ. People just don't want to admit it.

Mighty Member

To be fair, they didn’t call MJ “Mary Jane Watson”…it’s in the same vein as the Dark Knight Rises “Robin” (John Blake) was Robin the Boy Wonder.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Agreed, a terrible MJ only in name but still.
    I know they did so they can have the name MJ but I wish they would name her anything else so there was a chance for actual MJ later on

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Not really. They haven't committed to Zendaya being the MCU version of Mary Jane. They are keeping it ambiguous so if they want to cast a different actress as MJ in the future, they can do so but if they want to commit to Zendaya being 'Mary Jane' they have that option too.

But honestly, it's cowardly. If they wanted to do a non white MJ they should have committed to it instead of being coy. If they weren't sure about including MJ in the movies, they should have avoided including her just like they didn't include Harry. Focus on Liz. It's not like MJ has to be there from the very beginning since that wasn't the case even in the comic books.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Not really. They haven't committed to Zendaya being the MCU version of Mary Jane. They are keeping it ambiguous so if they want to cast a different actress as MJ in the future, they can do so but if they want to commit to Zendaya being 'Mary Jane' they have that option too.
    But honestly, it's cowardly. If they wanted to do a non white MJ they should have committed to it instead of being coy. If they weren't sure about including MJ in the movies, they should have avoided including her just like they didn't include Harry. Focus on Liz. It's not like MJ has to be there from the very beginning since that wasn't the case even in the comic books.
    I have pretty much the exact same thoughts on this subject. Good to know I'm not the only one.

time to expound a lot more on the supporting characters in MCU Peter's life. Ned, Betty, Jason, Flash, and even the teachers. Get those comedians to re-voice the teachers, especially Hannibal Burress as the gym coach.
    Show Peter creating his homemade webcasters.

Astonishing Member

Here is one way that Disney/Marvel can have their cake and eat it too. The best non comic book/newspaper strip version I have seen of Mary Jane was voiced by Zoe Kravitz ( a woman of color) in Into The Spider Verse. They should offer her the opportunity to voice Mary Jane. They get diversity the fans get authenticity: That is a win/win. Will they do it? Probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

It could work a bit better with the Avengers, but yeah, would still be pretty limiting, like say, Sultur is probably out of the question, since maybe another Thor movie will use him.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Well, the cartoon came out in 2010, so we'll see that around in 2040's, if we live that long that is .

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I have pretty much the exact same thoughts on this subject. Good to know I'm not the only one.
    Yeah I have the same opinion about this, soon after Michelle said "My friends call me MJ", after my surprise was over, I could tell they were cowards, and when I heard that they said Michelle isn't really MJ, then that definitely confirmed they're cowards, 'cause it clearly meant that if Michelle was liked, they could say "Oh yeah, she's MJ", and if she wasn't, then they can backpedal and says she's not.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    It could work a bit better with the Avengers, but yeah, would still be pretty limiting, like say, Sultur is probably out of the question, since maybe another Thor movie will use him.

Well, the cartoon came out in 2010, so we'll see that around in 2040's, if we live that long that is .

Yeah I have the same opinion about this, soon after Michelle said "My friends call me MJ", after my surprise was over, I could tell they were cowards, and when I heard that they said Michelle isn't really MJ, then that definitely confirmed they're cowards, 'cause it clearly meant that if Michelle was liked, they could say "Oh yeah, she's MJ", and if she wasn't, then they can backpedal and says she's not.
    Neither Zendaya or Dunst is really MJ. Why? Those two are too innocent and nice ( basically one dimensional characters). The Mary Jane that most of us love is a three dimensional character with attitude who can be nice or tough.