Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Spider-man : Freshmen Year new series d+

https://twitter.com/disneyplus/statu...00132319043584

It's animated, really hope it's used to flesh out MCU Peter and is actually canon

Also I really hope it's Peter and just Peter, no Avengers,Spider-verse,etc.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 11-12-2021 at 09:53 AM.

I've only seen one episode of 'What if' so far but it seemed to be aimed at all ages and was a nice watch. If this series aims for a similar tone, it could be really solid

I'm game for a new Spider-Man cartoon but yet again it's another show about Spider-Man in high school and just starting out (Freshman Year), because we obviously don't have enough of those .

Another concern is that this might be an MCU tie-in with Tom Hollands' Peter Parker. Personally I'm not the biggest fan of MCU Spidey so, while I can see this doing some good expanding of his world and supporting cast than what we get in the movies (which would be nice), I feel like it would be limited by having to work within the existing structure and continuity of the MCU and it's established takes on those characters rather than doing something new and original. Although even if it isn't they'll probably make it very derivative of the MCU anyways.

So expect Mick Wingert's Tony Stark to show up almost every episode and maybe Jon Favreau as Happy Hogan. Assuming they try to get the actors back and maybe get back the What If VA for Peter if they can't use Holland.

I guess on the plus side they'll probably have to use more obscure Spider-Man villains considering all the major ones are reserved for the movies. That and if it's set in the MCU it might mean they won't try to force a bunch of other Spider-Heroes into the show.

Extraordinary Member

https://www.marvel.com/articles/tv-s...r-disney-plus/

"it was announced that viewers will get a new look at Peter Parker in Marvel Studios’ Spider-Man: Freshman Year.

The animated series follows Peter Parker on his way to becoming Spider-Man in the MCU, with a journey unlike we've ever seen and a style that celebrates the character’s early comic book roots. Written by Executive Producer Jeff Trammel."

They can flesh out MCU Peter, I'll take it.Would rather have Spec. or a 90's continuation but I'm glad we get a canon MCU one rather than another Marvel's Spider-man mess

well this is freshman year so its prior to civil war since he was a sophomore in that film. So we shouldn't get that much avengers. Hey maybe people will finally get their uncle ben reveal
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/tv-s...r-disney-plus/

"it was announced that viewers will get a new look at Peter Parker in Marvel Studios’ Spider-Man: Freshman Year.

The animated series follows Peter Parker on his way to becoming Spider-Man in the MCU, with a journey unlike we've ever seen and a style that celebrates the character’s early comic book roots. Written by Executive Producer Jeff Trammel."

They can flesh out MCU Peter, I'll take it.Would rather have Spec. or a 90's continuation but I'm glad we get a canon MCU one rather than another Marvel's Spider-man mess
    Ugh. An MCU tie-in .

I'd prefer Marvel's Spider-Man than an MCU Spider-Man cartoon personally. They're already limiting themselves by having to set this early in the MCU films, so like literally what can they do here other than showing MCU Peter flailing around with his powers? Marvel's Spider-Man accomplished that in origin shorts.

If this is set in the MCU, why is the logo the classic comics one - already used by the Spider-Verse movies - and not the movie one?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I rolled my eyes at this being yet another Spidey in high school, and now it turns out it's a MCU tie-in too... Since I have no interest in watching this, it might end up being actually good, just for the sake of irony.

Oh well, y'all have fun with this, 'cause I doubt I'll bother.

Somehow that reminds me I have to check out MJ's episodes in that Marvel's Spider-Man...

Extraordinary Member

If this is indicative of the art style, then is this really an MCU tie-in? That doesn't even look like Holland unless this is pre-Spider Bite.

Extraordinary Member

" ‘SPIDER-MAN: FRESHMAN YEAR’ will be set in the MCU and follows Peter Parker in his early days as Spider-Man “with a journey unlike we've ever seen and a style that celebrates the character’s early comic book roots.” "

We gonna see Uncle Ben die again, and I'm happy for it lmao

" ‘SPIDER-MAN: FRESHMAN YEAR’ will be set in the MCU and follows Peter Parker in his early days as Spider-Man “with a journey unlike we've ever seen and a style that celebrates the character’s early comic book roots.” "

We gonna see Uncle Ben die again, and I'm happy for it lmao
    I mean, I'm happy if we finally see Uncle Ben relevant to MCU Peter, but I'm not sure if that justifies the MCU tie-in.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

This is a small timeframe to work with . They gotta get really creative on what characters they can use.

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    This is a small timeframe to work with . They gotta get really creative on what characters they can use.
    Yeah, like, if it's pre-CW or even post-CW then he can't fight any major villains unless they're really small-time. And his relationships can't go anywhere before Homecoming.

Of course I'm sure Iron Man will show up .

MCU Spider-Man origin finally being shown on screen? I think I'll actually like this