Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    They were lying through their teeth. A Spider-Man show where you couldn’t have any of the A-List Rogues because those have to be saved for the movies? No MJ, Gwen, or Harry? People would have been complaining before long.
    Admittedly it seems like we're only getting Harry.

Although I think the showrunner said they're a fan of the 90's show so I wouldn't be surprised if they introduce MJ with the "Face it Tiger..." moment. Maybe that's in the finale for Freshman Year.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Admittedly it seems like we're only getting Harry.

Although I think the showrunner said they're a fan of the 90's show so I wouldn't be surprised if they introduce MJ with the "Face it Tiger..." moment. Maybe that's in the finale for Freshman Year.
    I think we're getting variant MCU MJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I think we're getting variant MCU MJ.
    I wouldn't see the point unless they brought back Zendaya (well, other than diversity), and then I wouldn't see the point because this isn't Tom Hollands' Peter.

Especially since there's no "Ned." But I guess Nico's Asian and there's Amadeus Cho so...

Mighty Member

Speaking of MJ, are we even sure that romance will be completely avoided like it was in the last 2 cartoons (with Marvel’s Spider-Man trying to give us some at the last minute)?

Especially with it seeming like other classmates will be superheroes…again.
    Last edited by Mistah K88; 07-27-2022 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    Speaking of MJ, are we even sure that romance will be completely avoided like it was in the last 2 cartoons (with Marvel’s Spider-Man trying to give us some at the last minute)?

Especially with it seeming like other classmates will be superheroes…again.
    Who can say. Nico Minoru is apparently Peters' best friend in this but they might lean on her being into girls in this.

BANNED

I’m hoping his final suit isn’t that MCU looking one in the preview pics, I’m fine with a new design but at least drop the useless MCU lines.

MJ and Black cat must show up at some point, I just think the cast is trying to appeal to everyone even if it seems odd.

Marvel movies and animation know peters endgame it’s just the comics who try to ignore it.

....why is Norman and Ock here? Aren't they supposed to not be there

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    ....why is Norman and Ock here? Aren't they supposed to not be there
    This isn't actually set in the MCU.

Mighty Member

I've learned that Lonnie Lincoln is a peer around Peter's age in this... What is it with modern animated series wanting to make a good chunk of Peter's rogues into teenagers as well? Lonnie is old enough to have a child Peter's age (as seen in the fact that he actually does), due to being a part of Robbie Robertson's story. At this point, the only reason I think that Norman hasn't been de-aged yet is because how big a character Harry is. I honestly think that the only animated series that had Peter as a teenager that all of his villains were adults was Spectacular, and even that straddled the line with Mark Allan [legally an adult at 18 years old, but only going to school with Peter because he was held back a year]).

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    I've learned that Lonnie Lincoln is a peer around Peter's age in this... What is it with modern animated series wanting to make a good chunk of Peter's rogues into teenagers as well? Lonnie is old enough to have a child Peter's age (as seen in the fact that he actually does), due to being a part of Robbie Robertson's story. At this point, the only reason I think that Norman hasn't been de-aged yet is because how big a character Harry is. I honestly think that the only animated series that had Peter as a teenager that all of his villains were adults was Spectacular, and even that straddled the line with Mark Allan [legally an adult at 18 years old, but only going to school with Peter because he was held back a year]).
    Yeah, every cartoon since has had some fixation with reinventing at least a few villains to be peers of Peter in school/age. It's a weird way to contrive some drama at the school when they could take somebody that exists like a Clash who is supposed to already be around Peter's age and doesn't need reinvention.

I can't think of anyone who really wanted to see Lonnie Lincoln as a teenager going to school with Peter Parker but the only thing I'm morbidly curious about is if how he'll end up albino and if he'll be as vile as he's usually depicted as.

Sucks to be Robbie though.

proof.jpg

here is the confirmation that they are different

https://twitter.com/Avengers/status/...422342/photo/1
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    proof.jpg

here is the confirmation that they are different

https://twitter.com/Avengers/status/...422342/photo/1
    So apparently this version is major enough to make it into a new Disney attraction!

Although can we get one major version of Peter Parker that's in his mid-20's that isn't Insomniac...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Although can we get one major version of Peter Parker that's in his mid-20's that isn't Insomniac...
    Or in a Spider-Verse film

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    Or in a Spider-Verse film
    Well, he's a little older than his 20's there, to be fair .