Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021 LastLast

I wonder how centered on spider-man culture characters will the new show be. That is, will there be guests from the Avengers and X-Men worlds, or just keep it to folks who are 99% associated with Spider-Man? I guess we'll have to see how it goes. I hope that guest characters are minimized, though. at this point, every show has quickly become a greatest team-ups show.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I wonder how centered on spider-man culture characters will the new show be. That is, will there be guests from the Avengers and X-Men worlds, or just keep it to folks who are 99% associated with Spider-Man? I guess we'll have to see how it goes. I hope that guest characters are minimized, though. at this point, every show has quickly become a greatest team-ups show.
    I mean, we've got Nico Minoru as Peter's best friend. It seems like most of the supporting cast is made up of other heroes .

Disney is gutting a lot of the crew involved with this show. They are posting on Twitter. Incredibly sad. Rumors have begun that the show itself has been canned or it will only be a one season affair.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Disney is gutting a lot of the crew involved with this show. They are posting on Twitter. Incredibly sad. Rumors have begun that the show itself has been canned or it will only be a one season affair.
    Cosmic Circus reports that Disney still plan on launching the show in fall 2024 and will take a 'wait and see' approach before committing to Sophomore Year

To think I felt confident about Disney animation if nothing else...

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    To think I felt confident about Disney animation if nothing else...
    Makes you wonder if the x-men series is even safe

Man, what has happened to animation? It's not even just Disney, it's everyone.
    harryosborn.net -Me rereading every single comic that has Harry Osborn in it, and also writing some articles.

Astonishing Member

So now it's gping to be CGI?

Everything about this show just leaves me cold.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PanicPixieDreamGirl View Post
    Man, what has happened to animation? It's not even just Disney, it's everyone.
    I miss 2D animatied films

BANNED

I quite liked their work on the Godzilla animated trilogy and Pacific Rim: The Black, but I'll be honest, this feels like a rather odd move. All the marketing has shown this to look 2D animated. Maybe it's going for a cell-shaded look, but it's still not the same. I'm also just not sure if they're quite the right fit for Spider-man. I guess time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by clonegeek View Post
    I miss 2D animatied films
    Kinda wonder if stylized CGI with a hand-animation style (like the Spider-Verse movies, The Mitchells vs The Machines, or the Meanader-animated Disney shorts (Paperman, Far From the Tree, etc.) are the future of 2-D animation.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Wonder if it was always meant to be 3D CGi or something changed

Wow disney continues to murder American Animation. How do you not preserve your own legacy with your biggest brands. I love anime but the style just doesn't fit our shows imo for the most part. Thank goodness WB animation still trying. The new animaniacs was entertaining.

Also disney doesn't have an in house animation team? I mean i studied animation so it's really jarring to read all that history and see where the state of American animation is. Wouldn't it even be cheaper to have a smaller focused internal team like video game studios do or is it really just "we can't spare anyone" and we just want this as cheap as possible. Why is an animation studio filling their platform with bargain bin animations.

It shows a lack of belief in the product imo. More like lets get a quick animation money grab and that's why most of their animations only last one season if that. There is no uniqueness in the "Get money" formula.
    Last edited by jwatson; 07-15-2023 at 04:59 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I can’t wait to see another iteration of Peter Parker in high school…………….ughhhhh
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!