Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, like, if it's pre-CW or even post-CW then he can't fight any major villains unless they're really small-time. And his relationships can't go anywhere before Homecoming.

Of course I'm sure Iron Man will show up .
    Get ready to see The Chameleon as the big bad of the story lol
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Really my only positive takeaway (other than, I guess, developing Hollands' world more) is that we're finally getting an actual solo Spider-Man cartoon .

Really my only positive takeaway (other than, I guess, developing Hollands' world more) is that we're finally getting an actual solo Spider-Man cartoon .
    Oh please, we all know that we are getting a Cloak&Dagger team up soon enought

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Oh please, we all know that we are getting a Cloak&Dagger team up soon enought
    They'll have that scene with Iron Man in the Homecoming trailer that wasn't in the movie actually happen here .

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Yeah, like, if it's pre-CW or even post-CW then he can't fight any major villains unless they're really small-time. And his relationships can't go anywhere before Homecoming.

Of course I'm sure Iron Man will show up .
    I can't see this show lasting too long. New seasons set between movies is possible tho.

I don't know. Something about this feels like it will take concepts from the MCU Spider-Man films, but it won't be a real prequel to them. If this is supposed to take place before Homecoming then we'll be seeing Peter in his homemade suit the entire time.

so it's the homemade costume, then? Neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    I can't see this show lasting too long. New seasons set between movies is possible tho.
    The only way I see this conceivably working is if they jump around in the interim between films so CW->Homecoming->IW and Endgame->FFH.

Really the most fertile ground for content would be between Homecoming and IW and between Endgame and FFH.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattern_Maker View Post
    I don't know. Something about this feels like it will take concepts from the MCU Spider-Man films, but it won't be a real prequel to them. If this is supposed to take place before Homecoming then we'll be seeing Peter in his homemade suit the entire time.
    This is really reminding me a lot of those origin shorts from the Marvel's Spider-Man cartoon.

I'm curious how slavishly they're going to follow the movies here.

This is a small timeframe to work with . They gotta get really creative on what characters they can use.
    Almost the entire supporting cast is still accessible. Maybe even JJJ can cameo. And they can pull in some Avenger cameos and some second stringer villains from the Phase 1 and Phase 2 movies.

It'll probably be a limited series about just pre Civil War stuff and then in the future, we'll probably get other animated MCU Spidey cartoons

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Almost the entire supporting cast is still accessible. Maybe even JJJ can cameo. And they can pull in some Avenger cameos and some second stringer villains from the Phase 1 and Phase 2 movies.
    Yeah, but you can't really develop those characters before Homecoming happens.

It also never seemed like Peter fought anybody major until Vulture.

If this is indicative of the art style, then is this really an MCU tie-in? That doesn't even look like Holland unless this is pre-Spider Bite.
    The idea of the spider bite morphing Peter's face into Holland's sounds hilarious .

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Get ready to see The Chameleon as the big bad of the story lol
    That can work, he was trying to be Kingpin that one time in the 90's, and recently in Spencer's run he was being scarily effective.

Guy looks silly and his power is a weaker Mystique's, but when he puts his heart into it, he can be competent.

Now I'm wondering that if he's in the cartoon, I wonder what Stark did to piss him off .
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 11-12-2021 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    The idea of the spider being morphing Peter's face into Holland's sounds hilarious .

That can work, he was trying to be Kingpin that one time in the 90's, and recently in Spencer's run he was being scarily effective.

Guy looks silly and his power is a weaker Mystique's, but when he puts his heart into it, he can be competent.

Now I'm wondering that if he's in the cartoon, I wonder what Stark did to piss him off .
    I don't think that they would tie his origin to Stark, but he probably would be send to steal the Iron Man desings or something that Tony's company was making until Peter stop him and is glad that he was able to protect his idol. Then again, maybe Dimitri was just mad that Tony stole his girl in Russia or he was fired for the Russian Stark division and now wants revenge againts him, hell maybe is the brother of Ivan Vanko from the second movie lol.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post

It also never seemed like Peter fought anybody major until Vulture.
    Yeah you can say use Ned a lot but you can't have Peter reveal he's Spider-Man before that

Those characters are so barely present in the movies, of course you can flesh them out. The movies won't contradict the development anytime soon seeing the amount of footage they give them.