Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    Yeah you can say use Ned a lot but you can't have Peter reveal he's Spider-Man before that
    Not just Ned but everyone from MJ, Betty, Flash, Liz, Sally Avril, to of course, Aunt May. As for the not knowing his identity part, it can be similar to Spectacular and the original comics.

MJ stands the most to gain from this series I think. They could even go the Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane route by giving her her own narrative and POV.

Ugh MCU Spidey
    Ugh High School Spidey

If they’re going to be using Romita’s art they could at least put him in college since that’s where he was when Romita took over. Oh well, I guess I might check this out but it feels hamstrung by being an MCU tie-in. You can’t use any of the major villains because those will assuredly be used for future films.
    Last edited by Vordan; 11-12-2021 at 11:28 AM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Not just Ned but everyone from MJ, Betty, Flash, Liz, Sally Avril, to of course, Aunt May. As for the not knowing his identity part, it can be similar to Spectacular and the original comics.

MJ stands the most to gain from this series I think. They could even go the Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane route by giving her her own narrative and POV.
    Did he even know MJ before Homecoming?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I don't think that they would tie his origin to Stark, but he probably would be send to steal the Iron Man desings or something that Tony's company was making until Peter stop him and is glad that he was able to protect his idol. Then again, maybe Dimitri was just mad that Tony stole his girl in Russia or he was fired for the Russian Stark division and now wants revenge againts him, hell maybe is the brother of Ivan Vanko from the second movie lol.
    Stop, you're giving Marvel ideas .

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    He may have, but during Homecoming she's just a rude girl, and they're definitely not close, using Michelle at all would be weird if it's from before Homecoming 'cause, again, they weren't close.

That's what I thought, they only became friends during the events of the movie. Yeah, wouldn't make sense to include her.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

I was going to roll my eyes that we're getting a fourth high school Spidey show in a row, then I read that it's going to be a prequel in the MCU. Interesting...

My guess is that they're going to go back to the origin and bridge the gap between his origin and Civil War, which I think this version of Spider-Man needs.

I'm also guessing it's going to be similar to the Disney+ live-action shows which are serialized with a beginning middle and end like a movie, and not episodic like the last three animated series where Peter fights a different villain each week. Just my guess but it doesn't sound like a Spider-Man show in the way the other ones have been.

Centering it on MCU Spidey can be restrictive, but it can also be a good opportunity. I'm going to keep an open mind about this.

That's what I thought, they only became friends during the events of the movie. Yeah, wouldn't make sense to include her.
    Yes, they were classmates. Being rude doesn't erase her from his life. She's definitely going to be in the show. So now it would be more interesting to give her her own POV to see why she behaved the way that she did.

Extraordinary Member

They could introduce the love interest here they will use for the college trilogy.She moves away and they meet back up at college.
    They can even introduce the Black Cat like The Batman will introduce Catwoman, she's older than him so they won't kiss/romance at that point anyway but it set's up them getting together in the next trilogy

Astonishing Member

Between this and NWH bringing everyone back and Holland's comments about the next film being different, it does seem like Marvel is trying to deliberately move Spider-Man away from Iron Man.

BANNED

My biggest consternation with this new cartoon is that it does seem it will have better animation and production values than the previous evil trash Spider-Man cartoons (USM, Marvel Spider-Man). That will suck because it will make it harder for us to get anything like a comics accurate Spider-Man again, and it will further dilute the appeal of Weisman's Spectacular Spider-Man. The connection with the Holland MCU will also make it "canonical" and prevent kids from turning to other sources and places for Spider-Man stories.

That promo art is some Leonardo Romero art and it's nice, retro Ditko vibes. I wish this wasn't MCU connected, it better not be him wearing a damn sweatshirt as a costume the whole time. Put him in the classic Ditko suit, I don't care how. I'm excited for X-Men 97 as it's the literal only thing not related to the MCU...

I feel like the supporting cast would be pretty limited in use because, setting it pre-CW, there really isn't a lot to do there other than setting up Peter and Ganke's relationship. Michelle was just that standoffish girl who was kind of interested in Peter but he didn't really seem interested in. Do we want to see Peter just pining more for Liz?

Now maybe you could do more in the interim between Homecoming and IW or even Endgame and FFH (like when Peter actually started liking Michelle) but that's not what we're getting yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    Between this and NWH bringing everyone back and Holland's comments about the next film being different, it does seem like Marvel is trying to deliberately move Spider-Man away from Iron Man.
    We're assuming this show won't have a lot of Tony Stark gushing, but I guess it would be before CW and Tony found him, let alone Happy became his handler. I would be less concerned if this wasn't supposed to be MCU Spider-Man, let alone early MCU Spider-Man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    That promo art is some Leonardo Romero art and it's nice, retro Ditko vibes. I wish this wasn't MCU connected, it better not be him wearing a damn sweatshirt as a costume the whole time. Put him in the classic Ditko suit, I don't care how. I'm excited for X-Men 97 as it's the literal only thing not related to the MCU...
    It also makes me wish this wasn't MCU connected because he doesn't even look like Holland.

I will find it funny if he's more quippy in this cartoon than he is in his actual movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It also makes me wish this wasn't MCU connected because he doesn't even look like Holland.

I will find it funny if he's more quippy in this cartoon than he is in his actual movies.
    I worry that it'll be really limiting. My hope is they get creative and find a way to have him wear the Spider-Man suit for this cartoon, because it's very hard for me to fathom a retro style Spidey cartoon wear he doesn't wear *the* Spider-Man suit. Maybe he gets a Ditkoesque suit for wrestling and keeps it for the show until it nears its end and gets destroyed, having to go back to the sweatshirt. Damn monkeys paw, for the longest time I'd been visualizing a retro style Spidey cartoon with a lot of lesser known villains but putting it in the MCU is not what I wanted lol, because now I'm just worrying they'll stick so close to MCU canon he doesn't even look like Spidey-proper the whole time.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I rolled my eyes at this being yet another Spidey in high school, and now it turns out it's a MCU tie-in too... Since I have no interest in watching this, it might end up being actually good, just for the sake of irony.

Oh well, y'all have fun with this, 'cause I doubt I'll bother.

Somehow that reminds me I have to check out MJ's episodes in that Marvel's Spider-Man...
    This is an absolute NO for me ( MJ included ( although I bet we see more of Mary Jones, Felicia or even Original Gwen then my favorite fictional redhead)). I am so sick of Peter in High School it is not funny. This kind of BS is exactly why Peter has not progressed as a character the way he should. They should have used Miles, Miguel or even Annie from RYV instead of Peter, but that would require some creativity and balls ( both are in short supply at the Marvel Office these days).
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 11-12-2021 at 01:50 PM.

Maybe in another handful of years we'll get luckier and they'll announce a 90s Spidey continuation like we're getting for X-Men. I'd take that. Least he wouldn't be in high school exploring the origins for the zillionth time!

I'm happy the X-Men one is happening, it's literally the only non-MCU thing in production. What a blessing for a tiny spice of variety/not having to adhere strictly to MCU canon.