Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like the supporting cast would be pretty limited in use because, setting it pre-CW, there really isn't a lot to do there other than setting up Peter and Ganke's relationship. Michelle was just that standoffish girl who was kind of interested in Peter but he didn't really seem interested in. Do we want to see Peter just pining more for Liz?
    Maybe there could be some limited interactions with characters like Cindy and Betty? Not enough for them to be friends, but enough to, y'know, give some meat to the high school setting.

We're assuming this show won't have a lot of Tony Stark gushing, but I guess it would be before CW and Tony found him, let alone Happy became his handler. I would be less concerned if this wasn't supposed to be MCU Spider-Man, let alone early MCU Spider-Man.
    If it's before he met Stark, I think at worst he'll fanboy about him here and there, but Stark won't show up, at least not much.

I will find it funny if he's more quippy in this cartoon than he is in his actual movies.
    That would be funny lol.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    This is an absolute NO for me ( MJ included ( although I bet we see more of Mary Jones, Felicia or even Original Gwen then my favorite fictional redhead)). I am so sick of Peter in High School it is not funny. This kind of BS is exactly why Peter has not progressed as a character the way he should. They should have used Miles, Miguel or even Annie from RYV instead of Peter, but that would require some creativity and balls ( both are in short supply at the Marvel Office these days).
    I remember hearing that Sony's contracts say that Spidey in MCU had to be Peter and not anyone else, so I doubt trying to use Miles or Annie or Mayday would be a real choice.

Annie or Mayday would be weird anyways, they're Spider-Man's daughters, and for him to be old enough to have daughters, then it means there was a Spider-Man around way before Stark lol.

Miles, honestly, if they used him, the character wouldn't change much, MCU Peter is more or less a white washed Miles with some Peter traits here and there (Living with aunt May, but without having to be the "man of the house" so to speak, and the stuff from JMS' run where Spidey was being tutored by Stark).

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    Maybe in another handful of years we'll get luckier and they'll announce a 90s Spidey continuation like we're getting for X-Men. I'd take that. Least he wouldn't be in high school exploring the origins for the zillionth time!

I'm happy the X-Men one is happening, it's literally the only non-MCU thing in production. What a blessing for a tiny spice of variety/not having to adhere strictly to MCU canon.
    I would choose a Spectacular continuation over 90's cartoon all day lol.

I guess it could be nice to have an extra season to have closure on the MJ stuff, but I doubt they would keep stuff like the hilariously awkward fast pacing that sometimes makes it feel like a speedrun.

Fantastic Member primenumber101's Avatar

I'm wondering which of the villians from Spidey's rogues gallery will appear in the show. It would be obvious that Vulture and Mysterio wont be appear; in fact, pretty much most of the A-list Spidey villians wont be appear. So I assume they might use Spidey's lesser known villains.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Maybe there could be some limited interactions with characters like Cindy and Betty? Not enough for them to be friends, but enough to, y'know, give some meat to the high school setting.

If it's before he met Stark, I think at worst he'll fanboy about him here and there, but Stark won't show up, at least not much.

That would be funny lol.

I remember hearing that Sony's contracts say that Spidey in MCU had to be Peter and not anyone else, so I doubt trying to use Miles or Annie or Mayday would be a real choice.

Annie or Mayday would be weird anyways, they're Spider-Man's daughters, and for him to be old enough to have daughters, then it means there was a Spider-Man around way before Stark lol.

Miles, honestly, if they used him, the character wouldn't change much, MCU Peter is more or less a white washed Miles with some Peter traits here and there (Living with aunt May, but without having to be the "man of the house" so to speak, and the stuff from JMS' run where Spidey was being tutored by Stark).

I guess it could be nice to have an extra season to have closure on the MJ stuff, but I doubt they would keep stuff like the hilariously awkward fast pacing that sometimes makes it feel like a speedrun.
    Disney Plus is basically for kids not adults so a Peter cartoon will be tailored for kids ( I said it before and I will say it again, I would prefer Miles on Disney Plus and an adult Peter on Hulu). I have it but seldom watch it ( although What If is pretty good).,I have the bundle for ESPN Plus ( Islanders hockey is a must for me) and Hulu

Guess we'll find out for sure if Uncle Ben exists in the MCU and how/when Peter got his spider bite (Oscorp?).

Quote Originally Posted by primenumber101 View Post
    I'm wondering which of the villians from Spidey's rogues gallery will appear in the show. It would be obvious that Vulture and Mysterio wont be appear; in fact, pretty much most of the A-list Spidey villians wont be appear. So I assume they might use Spidey's lesser known villains.
    If it's someone from High School then maybe Kurt Connors/Lizard or the Jackal?

There is also Molten Man.

Disney Plus is basically for kids not adults so a Peter cartoon will be tailored for kids ( I said it before and I will say it again, I would prefer Miles on Disney Plus and an adult Peter on Hulu). I have it but seldom watch it ( although What If is pretty good).,I have the bundle for ESPN Plus ( Islanders hockey is a must for me) and Hulu
    I mean, it's not like kids are allergic to watching something with an adult as a protagonist, specially since kids shows have often gotten away with weird ****, them choosing to have Peter as a teenager has little to do with it being a kid's show, and more of Marvel's fetish to keep him young lol.

Fantastic Member primenumber101's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    If it's someone from High School then maybe Kurt Connors/Lizard or the Jackal?

There is also Molten Man.
    Well, Molten Man is already used as the inspiration for the Elementals in FFH. So I think he is out of the list.

I guess Jackal could work.

I can see this working well as a miniseries with somewhere between 6-12 episodes. Use the first half to tell his origin and the second to have him go against a fairly minor threat. It really only has to be something that poses less of a physical threat than Vulture in Homecoming. I'm hoping they do a rough adaptation of the Enforcers/Big Man storyline from ASM 10 but there are a number of possible things that they could easily pull from.

I imagine Flash is going to be a big presence in this and probably come off as a bit more threatening to Peter. Maybe Liz seems to side with Flash more but by the end, she starts to realize that Flash is kind of a jerk and Peter isn't so bad. I really hope they do uncle Ben justice and establish that while Peter obviously idolizes Tony that the reason he started being Spiderman was because of what Ben taught him. I think you could bring a lot of people who aren't quite sold on this version of people around if you play this right and expand on Peter's foundation as a hero in the right way.

I don't know how much I'd want the MCU version of Spiderman to become an animated property. Part of the appeal of the live-action version is that it is a live action attempt at bringing a comic book to life and I'd usually prefer my animated adaptations stay in a separate continuity from the live-action ones anyway. However, I think this is a unique case and probably the best way to go back and give this version of Peter a proper origin story. After this season though, I'd rather move on to something new and original for the next animated series.

I wonder:

Freshman Year: Pre-Civil War.

Sophomore Year: Homecoming - Infinity War?

Junior Year: Endgame - Far From Home?

Senior Year: Far From Home - No Way Home - Beyond?
    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Guess we'll find out for sure if Uncle Ben exists in the MCU and how/when Peter got his spider bite (Oscorp?).
    The promotional art had Peter with glasses so I assume we'll see him pre-Spider Bite.

Astonishing Member

I mean in general yea. But if one watched what if I wouldn't say that was for kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post

I mean I would too but we live in this world where we don't get nice things haha. Spec's buried behind all that legal tape between Sony and Disney, whereas 90s isn't and is easier to do that for. There's been a lot of vocal support for Spec's revival online lately and it's nice to see but it also feels futile, night and day compared to the X-Men crew's championing of their show when you've got Greg Weisman out there basically telling supporters legally it's not possible and even if it were it'd be too much work for all the different parties to agree on so stop wasting your time. I'm surprised John Semper hasn't been as vocal about reviving the 90s Spidey show, he's usually been pretty hearty and proud about it online.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    I mean I would too but we live in this world where we don't get nice things haha. Spec's buried behind all that legal tape between Sony and Disney, whereas 90s isn't and is easier to do that for. There's been a lot of vocal support for Spec's revival online lately and it's nice to see but it also feels futile, night and day compared to the X-Men crew's championing of their show when you've got Greg Weisman out there basically telling supporters legally it's not possible and even if it were it'd be too much work for all the different parties to agree on so stop wasting your time. I'm surprised John Semper hasn't been as vocal about reviving the 90s Spidey show, he's usually been pretty hearty and proud about it online.
    I would adore a revival of the 90s series. It would be so nice to see that version with updated animation and without the censorship restrictions, it has in its original run. There have been over 20 years of Spidey stories since it finished and it would be interesting to see how they might continue and adapt some of the modern stuff in that style and continuity.

Mighty Member

We can't even get "Freshman Year" in college?...It's funny how High School Spidey was new and fresh back when Spectacular came out, now it's ALL THEY DO (and not as well at that).

Being set in the MCU REALLY limits this show...remember how the MTV Spider-Man was connected to the Raimi movies? I kind of see it being in the same vein as that... as "connected", but can't use too many characters as there is a possibility that a movie will want to use them. This show I feel they will be pretty much stuck at D-listers when it comes to Spidey's rogues... I definitely don't see them using crime lords and the like in a meaningful way (methinks if mobsters are used it will be more like 2017 than Spectacular).

I feel that it will be harder to even just make stuff up (i.e. Peter having classmates of significance before Homecoming) as even the kids in Homecoming AND Far from Home don't have too much significant about them. Heck he clearly didn't like MJ in Homecoming... I mean how much can we possibly learn about Abe Brown just to come around ands see him as an afterthought in Homecoming?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    I mean in general yea. But if one watched what if I wouldn't say that was for kids.
    If you go to Disney Plus you will not find a lot of stuff for adults ( especially guys). I agree there are always exceptions like What If, but the majority of their stuff is for kids and tween girls ( and I am certainly neither). Another thing they run a lot of are musicals. That would be without question my least favorite movie genre ( I did not even see Lion King for that reason ( either the movie or on Broadway ( and I lived most of my life in New York)).I would watch Peter in High School before I would watch a musical that is how much I dislike them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    We can't even get "Freshman Year" in college?...It's funny how High School Spidey was new and fresh back when Spectacular came out, now it's ALL THEY DO (and not as well at that).

Being set in the MCU REALLY limits this show...remember how the MTV Spider-Man was connected to the Raimi movies? I kind of see it being in the same vein as that... as "connected", but can't use too many characters as there is a possibility that a movie will want to use them. This show I feel they will be pretty much stuck at D-listers when it comes to Spidey's rogues... I definitely don't see them using crime lords and the like in a meaningful way (methinks if mobsters are used it will be more like 2017 than Spectacular).

I feel that it will be harder to even just make stuff up (i.e. Peter having classmates of significance before Homecoming) as even the kids in Homecoming AND Far from Home don't have too much significant about them. Heck he clearly didn't like MJ in Homecoming... I mean how much can we possibly learn about Abe Brown just to come around ands see him as an afterthought in Homecoming?
    They're also setting it apparently pre-CW since it's about him becoming MCU Spider-Man, which arguably limits the series even more.