Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm game for a new Spider-Man cartoon but yet again it's another show about Spider-Man in high school and just starting out (Freshman Year), because we obviously don't have enough of those .
    This. I'm tired of young Peter. They are so scared of adult Peter that it's not even funny. Younglings have Spider-Boy, ahem, Miles. Peter should be allowed to do something more.
    Why does he have to be a kid for eternity (even his main 616 counterpart isn't a kid anymore)?

Taking a hard pass on this. MCU Spiderman was not a lot of fun, but the little things that did make it fun like him talking to Ned about his Spidey adventures, and his back and forth with MJ will be lost in a series where Ned does not know he is Spiderman and MJ is cold to him because they didnt really interact. So you take away the two most interesting things from an uninteresting character and what are you left with?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    This. I'm tired of young Peter. They are so scared of adult Peter that it's not even funny. Younglings have Spider-Boy, ahem, Miles. Peter should be allowed to do something more.
    Why does he have to be a kid for eternity (even his main 616 counterpart isn't a kid anymore)?
    well he is eternally young regardless. Comics and games he is stuck in his 20s animation he is in his teens.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

I guess they're kind of stuck with it if it has to be set in the MCU (which, frankly, I don't think it should but that's Marvel's bread and butter now).

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    I mean I would too but we live in this world where we don't get nice things haha. Spec's buried behind all that legal tape between Sony and Disney, whereas 90s isn't and is easier to do that for. There's been a lot of vocal support for Spec's revival online lately and it's nice to see but it also feels futile, night and day compared to the X-Men crew's championing of their show when you've got Greg Weisman out there basically telling supporters legally it's not possible and even if it were it'd be too much work for all the different parties to agree on so stop wasting your time.
    Yeah if there weren't legal issues, Weisman is busy with YJ, having someone else on control would just feel wrong lol.

I'm surprised John Semper hasn't been as vocal about reviving the 90s Spidey show, he's usually been pretty hearty and proud about it online.
    It is a possibility that he's quiet because it's getting revived and he doesn't want to reveal it now.

Of course, maybe he just doesn't feel like talking, but, y'know, possibilities lol.

They're also setting it apparently pre-CW since it's about him becoming MCU Spider-Man, which arguably limits the series even more.
    Him becoming MCU Spidey? But what he became was Iron Man Jr lol.

Ultimate's popularity really marked this idea of Spidey being a teen, OMD forced the idea of him being young, combine both and, yeah...

Extraordinary Member

I think it makes sense here, since hopefully the next trilogy is a college one and then adulthood.

They can flesh him out and save the more mature one for the big screen, which I hope they will do ASAP.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    If you go to Disney Plus you will not find a lot of stuff for adults ( especially guys). I agree there are always exceptions like What If, but the majority of their stuff is for kids and tween girls ( and I am certainly neither). Another thing they run a lot of are musicals. That would be without question my least favorite movie genre ( I did not even see Lion King for that reason ( either the movie or on Broadway ( and I lived most of my life in New York)).I would watch Peter in High School before I would watch a musical that is how much I dislike them.

Well yea but Marvel is a little different. Lets be real here. If this is an MCU show its not going to be just for teens. Its not going to be The Godfather, but its probably not going to be Hannah Montana either. Its probably going to be a clone wars/ bad batch/ what if level type of animation show. Its in the MCU. Disney plus is currently making Moon Knight. Have you seen that trailer? That isn't for teens.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Well yea but Marvel is a little different. Lets be real here. If this is an MCU show its not going to be just for teens. Its not going to be The Godfather, but its probably not going to be Hannah Montana either. Its probably going to be a clone wars/ bad batch/ what if level type of animation show. Its in the MCU. Disney plus is currently making Moon Knight. Have you seen that trailer? That isn't for teens.
    I hope the plots and tone hold up better than What If did.

Astonishing Member

I hope the plots and tone hold up better than What If did.

LOL well me to. I was just talking about the tone. I don't think( I could be wrong) that a spidey show set in the MCU is going to be kiddy. It will probably be more in tone with how most of the Star Wars animated shows are in tune with the live action Star Wars movies and tv shows. I hope anyway.

They're also setting it apparently pre-CW since it's about him becoming MCU Spider-Man, which arguably limits the series even more.
    I don't think this will be an ongoing show. It's probably just a limited series that gives us the spider-bite, Uncle Ben and introduce the MCU version of Oscorp, maybe even Norman.

If they do a sequel it will probably be something set after NWH.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

This show is so the 2 people who apparently don't know what Spider-Mans origin is will finally shut up about it

The only way I see this conceivably working is if they jump around in the interim between films so CW->Homecoming->IW and Endgame->FFH.

Really the most fertile ground for content would be between Homecoming and IW and between Endgame and FFH.

This is really reminding me a lot of those origin shorts from the Marvel's Spider-Man cartoon.

I'm curious how slavishly they're going to follow the movies here.
    I wonder how long they plan the cartoon to last.

I agree the period between Civil War and Homecoming is the most creatively fertile, although the point of Homecoming was that Peter felt he wasn't given the independence to be the typical Spider-Man.

I could see ending Season One with Peter meeting Iron Man.

One thing I'm curious about is the villains. They wouldn't want to do an animated version of some bad guy only to introduce a different version in a sequel.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I don't think this will be an ongoing show. It's probably just a limited series that gives us the spider-bite, Uncle Ben and introduce the MCU version of Oscorp, maybe even Norman.

If they do a sequel it will probably be something set after NWH.
    That could work. Hell they've got a title set-up already.

"Freshman Year" is the origin.
    "Sophomore Year" covers the time between Civil War and Homecoming.

And so on.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Well yea but Marvel is a little different. Lets be real here. If this is an MCU show its not going to be just for teens. Its not going to be The Godfather, but its probably not going to be Hannah Montana either. Its probably going to be a clone wars/ bad batch/ what if level type of animation show. Its in the
    MCU. Disney plus is currently making Moon Knight. Have you seen that trailer? That isn't for teens.
    I do not expect The Godfather ( although I am a huge fan. I even won a speech contest @ Toastmasters titled “Life Lessons From The Godfather.but back to Spider-Man. I have noticed that the comments here about the cartoon have been overwhelming negative. Why? It is same old/same old stuff we have seen before. Anyone want to bet that Peter and Miles will be in class together? Is it really that difficult to make a Spider-Man series with Peter and MJ as adults and put it on Hulu? That is something I would certainly try. Finally, when I see crap like this and rehashing characters like Goblin Queen ( and call it exciting), it makes me appreciate the genius of Steve Ditko even more. I even appreciate Dan Slott more. Why? At least Mr. Negative ( the best Spider-Man villain created in the 21st Century) and Superior were original ideas.and better then wash, rinse and repeat ideas stories and characters.
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 11-13-2021 at 04:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    That could work. Hell they've got a title set-up already.

"Freshman Year" is the origin.
    "Sophomore Year" covers the time between Civil War and Homecoming.

And so on.
    Yeah, the more I think about it. The more I like it.

Give us the first meeting between Ned and Peter. Show Peter and May's relationship more. Give us MJ and Flash's backstory. Keep it centered on Peter and his supporting cast. NO MCU HEROES beyond just mentions and cameos.