Extraordinary Member

Default *Nods* These comic book characters are reduced to normal real world Stats. Who w

The following 8 characters are reduced to just having the physical capabilities of real life humans. Which of them would do best in a fight. Assume a series of one on ones, fought in an MMA ring under MMA Rules

1. T'Challa
    2. James "Logan" Howlett
    3. Shang-Chi
    4. Benjamin Grimm
    5. Bruce Wayne
    6. Bane
    7. Oliver Queen
    8. Bronze Tiger

Bruce has some of them crazy pressure point kung fuckery going for him, though isn't Shang-Chi ridiculously strong and fast due to his "skill"?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Bruce has some of them crazy pressure point kung fuckery going for him, though isn't Shang-Chi ridiculously strong and fast due to his "skill"?
    For the purposes of this match, they can't do anything that a normal, real world human can't. So no pressure point fuckery, or being Superhuman due to skill

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Logan has decades of skill on everyone else here in terms of raw experience but is also noted of sometimes having an adaptation period for when his healing factor is no longer an option.

Ben Grimm is competent boxer with no grappling experience.

Bane and Batman are both pretty well rounded, Bane being naturally a bit larger. Shang Chi is... trained from birth, I think? I forget his backstory but he's a very skill heavy kind of guy.

Kind of hard to pick a winner, there's no obvious favourites.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Logan has decades of skill on everyone else here in terms of raw experience but is also noted of sometimes having an adaptation period for when his healing factor is no longer an option.

Ben Grimm is competent boxer with no grappling experience.

Bane and Batman are both pretty well rounded, Bane being naturally a bit larger. Shang Chi is... trained from birth, I think? I forget his backstory but he's a very skill heavy kind of guy.

Kind of hard to pick a winner, there's no obvious favourites.
    How much do you think Logan's size would hinder him? He's supposed to be 5"3"

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Logan's size WILL hurt him here.

To note, Ben actually has some wrestling experience in the comics.

Buuuut...

Really, with all of them getting massively nerfed to 'human level ability', a lot of this is (again) going to come down to size. Which brings me to my (surprise) choice: Bane. This guy is not at all unskilled - he's presented as being pretty darned skilled, in fact - and is 6'8", 350 lbs or so (at least this is the most common height/weight I see bandied about, though it does seem to vary).

Does it mean Bane automatically wins? Nope. But being considerably larger and at least 50% heavier than anyone here (far more than 50% heavier, in most cases), while still retaining some solid hand to hand skill, makes me believe Bane has the best chance under the terms and conditions of this thread. ESPECIALLY since this is MMA rules, which means 'rules'.

...up in the stands, Killer Croc weeps with joy that his fellow Rumbles Punching Bag wins a match.

giphy2.jpg
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 11-13-2021 at 05:37 PM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

So does Ben now have ichthyosis since he has real world stats now?
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

I suspect we're talking about 'Ben Grimm, in one of those rare occasions he's in a human form'.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I suspect we're talking about 'Ben Grimm, in one of those rare occasions he's in a human form'.
    Yeah, you can consider this Human Ben

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Have to agree with Sharp here: Bane's massive size edge and salutatory skill levels should probably give him the best shot of coming out of the group. I say this every time we wind up comparing fighters of massively different sizes: combat sports have weight classes for a reason. That reason is not to protect the bigger fighter from the smaller fighter.

The only real issue there is what happens to speed. Shang is massively, stupidly faster than anyone else here when comic rules apply. Then there are a bunch of CBPHers and then some people under that. Does Shang keep his relative speed edge, once we subtract the "comics" multiplication? Because that would be like giving Silva "Floyd Mayweather +" speed and reactions, and that, plus his skill edge, would keep him a lot closer to the larger fighters. He still doesn't have room for errors, but he'd be able to stay way the hell out of trouble.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Have to agree with Sharp here: Bane's massive size edge and salutatory skill levels should probably give him the best shot of coming out of the group. I say this every time we wind up comparing fighters of massively different sizes: combat sports have weight classes for a reason. That reason is not to protect the bigger fighter from the smaller fighter.

The only real issue there is what happens to speed. Shang is massively, stupidly faster than anyone else here when comic rules apply. Then there are a bunch of CBPHers and then some people under that. Does Shang keep his relative speed edge, once we subtract the "comics" multiplication? Because that would be like giving Silva "Floyd Mayweather +" speed and reactions, and that, plus his skill edge, would keep him a lot closer to the larger fighters. He still doesn't have room for errors, but he'd be able to stay way the hell out of trouble.
    OP says...

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    For the purposes of this match, they can't do anything that a normal, real world human can't. So no pressure point fuckery, or being Superhuman due to skill
    So I personally feel that speed isn't going to be hugely different between these characters, given real-world stuff. Sure, some people like Shang are going to be quicker. This is offset by the reach advantage of the bigger fighters (Batman is something like 6'2" to Shang's ~5'10", based on what I read about them) and the weight advantage. With Bane? This gets to a ridiculous difference, Bane being close to a foot taller than him and literally twice his weight.

Basically, Bane murders all comers in this very special situation. He's simply TOO big, and easily skilled enough (and quick enough) that there is no point in arguing that skill can make up for that gap. Cripes, he's as skilled or MORE skilled than at least two of the characters here (Ollie and Ben edit: Grimm, not Turner).

And this is a series of 1 on 1's, MMA rules.

Mileage may vary, but I feel Bane 100% sweeps this.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 11-14-2021 at 10:13 AM.
    Why are we here?

Always liked Bane, super glad he finally picked up a W.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

I'm sure Bane wouldn't be using Venom because according to MMA rules that would most likely be illegal, since the use of steroids are illegal in MMA. Bane would have to take a drug test and be found clean before enter the ring. Otherwise he would be disqualified
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    OP says...

So I personally feel that speed isn't going to be hugely different between these characters, given real-world stuff. Sure, some people like Shang are going to be quicker. This is offset by the reach advantage of the bigger fighters (Batman is something like 6'2" to Shang's ~5'10", based on what I read about them) and the weight advantage. With Bane? This gets to a ridiculous difference, Bane being close to a foot taller than him and literally twice his weight.

Basically, Bane murders all comers in this very special situation. He's simply TOO big, and easily skilled enough (and quick enough) that there is no point in arguing that skill can make up for that gap. Cripes, he's as skilled or MORE skilled than at least two of the characters here (Ollie and Ben edit: Grimm, not Turner).

And this is a series of 1 on 1's, MMA rules.

Mileage may vary, but I feel Bane 100% sweeps this.
    I agree with the conclusion and stated so at the outset. My only point was that if somehow Shang's speed is MASSIVELY faster than Bane's and the rest of the people living around CBPH at best, he might be able to. I wasn't arguing that it made sense. :-)
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    I'm sure Bane wouldn't be using Venom because according to MMA rules that would most likely be illegal, since the use of steroids are illegal in MMA. Bane would have to take a drug test and be found clean before enter the ring. Otherwise he would be disqualified
    He doesn't need the Venom, here.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    I agree with the conclusion and stated so at the outset. My only point was that if somehow Shang's speed is MASSIVELY faster than Bane's and the rest of the people living around CBPH at best, he might be able to. I wasn't arguing that it made sense. :-)
    Absolutely. I'm just discussing that point, myself - that Shang's speed (due to the stipulations of the thread) certainly isn't going to be enough to make a difference, here, all things being Real World.
    Why are we here?