Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Rikdad View Post
    The Dark Knight Strikes Again, among others.
    Like Deathwing? A lot of the evil variants have “Death” in the name.

Amazing Member

With many Stories of Superman becoming evil i want a good elseworld for Evil Batman maybe a story of Batman losing his mind after after Jason death The Batman Who Laughs its disappointing for me

Quote Originally Posted by JediBatman54 View Post
    With many Stories of Superman becoming evil i want a good elseworld for Evil Batman maybe a story of Batman losing his mind after after Jason death The Batman Who Laughs its disappointing for me
    well, or just take paranoid nutcase Batman and have him start using his ideas on how to take out the Justice league.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    well, or just take paranoid nutcase Batman and have him start using his ideas on how to take out the Justice league.
    You mean, Tower of Babel?

Not that I disagree with the thread, but a rehash of Tower of Babel does no one any favors.

Extraordinary Member

Here was the idea I had for an evil Batman who could appear in an Injustice game, and going somewhat in the opposite direction of most Dark Universe versions, replacing their more ostentatious evil and style with a much quieter and more sinister demeanor and MO, and with a much more banal slip into evil.

First off, picture a Batman suit that has the “grill” lower mask from the Kingdom Come Batman suit, with a high-collared regal cape like Ra’s Al Ghul/Dracula. Then picture this backstory…

Batman, The Dark Prince

It started simply and subtly, with a coldly calculated kill of a no-name murderer who orphaned a young child in an alleyway. Not Joker. A nobody who’s face and name were soon forgotten because nothing was found of him, and not even Alfred or Dick knew anything had happened. It was just one moment of embracing the will to pass permanent judgement over someone. And it should have stayed that way…

…But it didn’t. Slowly, things began to escalate. Joker suffered a permanent failure that could have befallen any criminal in a dangerous situation. Then Mad Hatter. Two-Face was the first slip; Harvey was in control long enough to give away that something was going on. Then Dick, Alfred, and Babs started noticing things in Bruce’s personal life and around the world that were… distressing; world leaders apparently being blackmailed to make decisions that emphasized security over liberty, edging towards tyranny and paranoia, while Bruce started becoming more controlling of them and those around him.

Then Bruce got found out - Bane manipulated him into murdering a repentant Riddler before security cameras broadcasting it across the world. Maybe, if Bruce chose to accept the consequences, whatever they were, he could have pulled out, or at least just stabilized. Instead, his denial of guilt and insistence that he didn’t do anything wrong - ever - accelerated him into a terrifying fall. When the resulting struggle with his family and friends resulted in the death of James Gordon and the destruction of the Batcave, he fled into the shadows before the arrival of the Justice League, again denying any guilt on his part and casting blame at all around him for being too soft and “limited.”

Ra’s Al Ghul had offered him the mantle of successor several times. Bruce accepted it over Ra’s cooling body, and set about trying to “secure” the world. An Alliance with Luthor was formed, and the Justice League was slowly incapacitated one-by-one, via assassins, supervillains, recruited/brainwashed ex-heroes, and advantaged technology. Lex, of course, attempted his betrayal the second that Superman was sealed away in the Phantom Zone… but Batman was ready for that, though it’s rumored that he suffered damage even in victory.

Now, things are supposed to look fine and dandy, and everything is supposed to be perfect - just don’t speak too loudly about unpleasant things, don’t paint or draw inconvenient dreams, do as your told by whatever government still claims to be in control no matter how obviously puppeteer they are, and when the War with Apokilips starts up, and the draft-men come to enlist your family to be fed into the meat grinder of a bloody stalemate, smile and kiss them goodbye. Speak the party line when queried about the “malcontents” supposedly made up of Batman’s former friends and family.

And whatever you do, don’t speak about the shadowy power that lurks behind either millions of catspaws, proxies, heralds, and stealthy enforcers… or is standing right behind you right now…
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    You mean, Tower of Babel?

Not that I disagree with the thread, but a rehash of Tower of Babel does no one any favors.
    Ah, but Tower of Babel wasn't an EVIL Batman event, more of a... stupid jerk Batman event. Also that sort of thing has been done... several times since. But was any of them properly EVIL.....?