Default Adventures Of Young Diana Questions??

OK, at the risk of making myself sound very slow on the uptake, I confess that I have read the Young Diana back-up stories three times and I still don’t understand what happened. Does anyone care to relate the plot to me in simple bullet points? Exactly what did Hippolyta do? Did she kill Antiope? Who is the boy in the hidden pages of the history book? Who fired the purple ray that drove Circe out of Clio? I like the back-ups even though I don’t quite get it… LOL
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

To me it read like a PG version of the backstory Perez wrote for Gods & Mortals; the Amazons killed their captors but in this version Hippolyta kept it a secret until Diana convinced her to tell the Amazons about it. This is close to what was established in 'Nubia & the Amazons' that not all the Amazons were the 'original Amazons' present when Heracles attacked the city and the 'Well of Souls' reincarnate women into the island periodically.

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    OK, at the risk of making myself sound very slow on the uptake, I confess that I have read the Young Diana back-up stories three times and I still don’t understand what happened. Does anyone care to relate the plot to me in simple bullet points? Exactly what did Hippolyta do? Did she kill Antiope? Who is the boy in the hidden pages of the history book? Who fired the purple ray that drove Circe out of Clio? I like the back-ups even though I don’t quite get it… LOL
    *Diana was not being a good student and was given to Clio
    *Clio hints at secret Amazon history in order to get Diana into learning
    *Diana discovers a story about a boy who was totally nice and stuff who wasnt evil
    *book was actually tampered with by Circe which allows her to possess Clio
    *Clio Circe goes on a rampage and is stopped when one of the Amazons fires a purple ray at her, exorcising Circe
    *Another Amazon confesses to having tweaked the history book and buried it on order from Hippolyta
    *Diana confronts Hippolyta about it and gets the true version
    *True version is there was this dude who Hippolyta was totally into and he seemed like a nice guy but he wound up being the one to lead the armies to invade the Amazons yadda yadda yadda
    *Amazons were forbidden from killing no matter what or else they were abandoning their mission. When Antiope is about to die, Hippolyta slays the man who was about to kill her, breaking their pledge to the gods for the sake of Antiopes life.
    *Antiope is still alive
    *Present day, Diana is quite mopey about this discovery that her mother kept secrets from her and had in fact broken her sacred vows but confronts Hippolyta again and convinces her to restore that part of their history and face it head on instead of trying to bury it
    *Oh and Diana finally overcomes her fear of swimming with sharkles by making shark friends

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    To me it read like a PG version of the backstory Perez wrote for Gods & Mortals; the Amazons killed their captors but in this version Hippolyta kept it a secret until Diana convinced her to tell the Amazons about it. This is close to what was established in 'Nubia & the Amazons' that not all the Amazons were the 'original Amazons' present when Heracles attacked the city and the 'Well of Souls' reincarnate women into the island periodically.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    *Diana was not being a good student and was given to Clio
    *Clio hints at secret Amazon history in order to get Diana into learning
    *Diana discovers a story about a boy who was totally nice and stuff who wasnt evil
    *book was actually tampered with by Circe which allows her to possess Clio
    *Clio Circe goes on a rampage and is stopped when one of the Amazons fires a purple ray at her, exorcising Circe
    *Another Amazon confesses to having tweaked the history book and buried it on order from Hippolyta
    *Diana confronts Hippolyta about it and gets the true version
    *True version is there was this dude who Hippolyta was totally into and he seemed like a nice guy but he wound up being the one to lead the armies to invade the Amazons yadda yadda yadda
    *Amazons were forbidden from killing no matter what or else they were abandoning their mission. When Antiope is about to die, Hippolyta slays the man who was about to kill her, breaking their pledge to the gods for the sake of Antiopes life.
    *Antiope is still alive
    *Present day, Diana is quite mopey about this discovery that her mother kept secrets from her and had in fact broken her sacred vows but confronts Hippolyta again and convinces her to restore that part of their history and face it head on instead of trying to bury it
    *Oh and Diana finally overcomes her fear of swimming with sharkles by making shark friends
    Thank you. Bullet points and everything. I get it now. (Still think parts of the storytelling are… vague.)

Well, it is a kids book. Kind of weird that they chose this as a subject matter.