Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Lightsaber Battles

Post your favourite lightsaber battles below, from any Star Wars medium, (Film, cartoon, tv, comic book)

Darth Maul vs Obi Wan & Qui Gon (Part 1)

Spectacular Member

It's not strictly a lightsaber fight but this fight between Yoda and Count Dooku was one of the best things from AOTC imo.

Mighty Member

This is the single most beautiful lightsaber "battle" Star Wars has ever produced, and it hardly involves the swords. Everything about this scene is perfect. In the sense of being truly flawless. In 3 minutes it beautifully conveys both characters, their strengths and their flaws. It builds from who they are and is utterly true to their personalities and place in their lives. It pays off a rivalry that goes all the way back to The Phantom Menace. And it manages to do it all while being tragic for BOTH characters in different ways AND in paying off the central theme of Maul's arc throughout Rebels. Plus it both honors the relative chronological past, builds towards the relative chronological future and is beautifully acted by both parties (and the animators while we're throwing around praise).

No bombast, no flash. Just story, character and theme. This is, for me, the absolute pinnacle of lightsaber combat on screen thus far.

SWTOR " The Return"

Extraordinary Member

I’ll be honest, I HATE that Rebels duel between Maul and Kenobi. Either they should have made a bigger, crazier fight, or pumped a hell of a lot more dialogue between the two in before their exchange.

It’s an example of restraint that sucks in my opinion.

For Maul, I’d submit this duel, which might be seen as a proof of concept Favreau and Filoni could point to for why Mandalorians should have their own show:
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP